1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Philips BDM4065UC 40" 4K 60Hz

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Frenchpom, Dec 12, 2014.

1. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Great instructions. I'm of the same thinking, monitors generally not serviceable/fixable. I'm planning on keeping this Philips 40" monitor for quite some time so those instructions may come in quite handy one day :thumbup:

2. apsilon

apsilon Member

I'll also say thanks for the info, might be handy some time though I may also be tempted to simply upgrade when the time comes.

3. kaotickelly

kaotickelly Member

I wish mine would die already, so I can upgrade. First world problems.

MR CHILLED likes this.
  4. power

power Member

instead of waiting for it to die, sell it cheap...!?

5. summoner

summoner Member

Mine is also still going strong.. Considering replacing it but nothing has made me go "oh that'll be much better"

6. mauvebib

mauvebib New Member

I registered only to tell you thank you.

Your instructions worked perfectly and I now have a working monitor.

sammy_b0i, coolroy and DrFrag like this.
  7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Agree. I have the 43" and the 40" as a dual monitor setup and haven't seen anything yet that makes me want to change. Not interested in these super-fad nonsense of super mega dupa wide 49" monitors with thin aspect. Give me higher quality 40-45" monitors at a reasonable price then I'll consider. Disclaimer: the only "monitor" recently that has made me think twice is the 48" LG OLED that could be used as monitor on my desk.....that I would definitely consider but price would have to drop though.

Nethiuz likes this.
  8. Evasive

Evasive Member

That sounds like dodgy capacitors on the PSU - AKA Capacitor Plague.

Mine does it, and as TWO sodding LEDs have fallen off the screen and are making two big bright spots on the display, I am going to have to open up the thing and do a fix on them. While I have it open, might as well replace the bad caps, too.

Trying to find out exactly what specs the caps are so I can have them to hand before opening it up.

If anyone knows, pipe up! Looks like at least three members here could use the info.

Otherwise, I will try to find out for myself, and let youse know how it went.

Cheers.

9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Well I did find something.....the LG 48" Oled is what I will upgrade to. Going to be a vastly different monitor and quite an improvement when I do eventually get it. So the LG 48" will become the main monitor I'll shuffle my other current 43" Philips down as the second monitor in dual monitor setup.....and sell off the 40" I guess, or maybe use it as a spare :thumbup: