Photo comps

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Dark Orange, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Dark Orange

Dark Orange Member

There always seems to be some photo competition on somewhere, is it worth a thread to collect them?

Regardless, there is an interesting competition currently in Bathurst, open to all artists but including photographers:

https://www.facebook.com/tremainsmi...0.1073741828.235361133575132/334274787017099/

2. glimmerman

glimmerman Member

Good idea.... I'm not at the stage where I'm willing to submit to comps yet... but will be in another 6mo to a year :)

3. theicemagic

theicemagic Member

Thought I'd boost this old post up... Sort of a general collection of photography competitions.

My wife and I have just started a fine art gallery in Prahran (Melbourne), and are running a photography competition for up and coming photographers. There's no monetary tie in anywhere, so we won't make any money from your photograph. it's just something we want to do monthly to support the community. I'm still writing the official terms and conditions, as I know we're always interested in that, but essentially your submission will only be used for promotion of the competition, and never anything else. All credits will of course always be supplied.

The prize is an ~A2 size print of your work which you get to keep after a month of having it on display in our gallery.

The link is here:
    https://www.studiobgallery.com.au/photography-competition/

Feel free to come in to have a look as well.

I apologise in advance to the moderators/admins if these goes against the regulations of the forum. I've attempted to find if there's any stipulation regarding posting something like this, but haven't been able to find something clear except where there's monetary gain to be made... In this case there isn't any.

Dark Orange likes this.
  4. Arch-Angel

Arch-Angel Member

As long as the terms and conditions are clear (esp who retains rights etc) then I don't see this as a problem.
    In fact it's great to see a member do something like this - very cool! :)