1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Photobook printing

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by die_piggy, Feb 10, 2020.

1. die_piggy

die_piggy Member

Hi guys, read some threads on here about who to use, and it comes to mypublisher...which of cause closed it doors a couple of years ago

I have seen people recommending Shutterfly, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Looking to get a couple of hard cover books made up of my travels

2. herzeg

herzeg Iron Photographer

Had some good feedback on Blurb; haven't tried myself yet, but interested also.

3. Deftone2k

Deftone2k In the Darkroom

Depends on budget... I am always for spending a bit more for the result to keep forever.

Artifact Uprising
    Momento Pro (Australian based)

4. Maddog06

Maddog06 Member

For family Christmas presents, I recently used Mixbook to get a few photobooks made as gifts. They were definitely not cheap by any means, at the same time each book was 105 pages. But the paper quality, and colour reproduction was very good, only downside was the front cover was a very soft cover, I wished they used slightly more GSM on the front cover. However they do offer more premium options, but this also involves more $$$.
    To give you an idea, I ordered the 8.5"x8.5" soft cover classic photobook with 105 pages worth of photos, it was approximately $120ea after discount codes. It may be cheaper with less pages perhaps?

If you are looking check out Mixbook for comparison, and the coupon code I had in my email yesterday is FEB20 (expires Wed 12th USA time). They seem to dish out a lot of discount codes, so I wouldn't go paying full price.

5. herzeg

herzeg Iron Photographer

That seems reasonable; what was the paper type/weight? Double-sided?

6. Maddog06

Maddog06 Member

It was double-sided. I went for their "semi-gloss" option (smooth paper with subtle gloss). They don't state their GSM, so I'm unsure...

herzeg likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    die_piggy

die_piggy Member

I'm checking out all the options right now.

I sent a whole lot of photos to shutterfly to see what their "we will design for you" offer ends up looking like (it's free for the moment) then I will make a decision then