Photography: Challenge - All Finished!

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Freaek, May 9, 2003.

1. kryzak260

kryzak260 Member

I quite like this one aswell. They effect the rain drops have on the water is quite interesting...

2. Multiplexer

Multiplexer Member

The ripple effect is very nice, but unfortunately the quality is pretty poor.

I went out to sea on a rainy day in Vanuatu once. It was raining pretty heavy, but the sea was silent and motion less. All you can see was ripple created by the rain drop on the surface of the calm sea.
    The scene was beautiful, wish I could see that again.

3. Kaell116

Kaell116 (Banned or Deleted)

Its the GOTHAM BUILDING!!! gotta love that building. wish i had some film i could take some and scan. If u have next weeks comp as trains then that be cool cause im going to take photos of the Tilt Train next week for tafe

4. Tasmaniac

Tasmaniac Member

Here's a couple I took of table cape lighthouse, with my new canon powershot a70.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. gatecrasher

gatecrasher Member

Mate they are really nice photos. Love that second one of the field :)

6. FranchiseJuan

FranchiseJuan Member

I had a hectic week, and the only pic that I took during the week is here. It is located in the Monash Clayton Campus and has been croped in photoshop.

[​IMG]

7. Marzi

Marzi Member

Well times up so I thought I'd better get around to posting my pics. Last night I managed to sort some of them out, but I still havn't decided on the best two, so here are two good ones

The first is a shot of the sanctuary part of the memorial as the sun is setting
    [​IMG]

The second is the view looking up from underneath the sanctuary late in the day
    [​IMG]

If you want to check out some of the other ones I took you can see them at this page, along with some pictures that explain the memorial http://www.midwest.com.au/marzi/images/ocaucomp/

If you want to see the entire lot of photos I shot of the memorial then check out this page http://www.marzinet.net/gallery/hmasswm/
    Those ones are half size and very low image quality to keep the file size down, but if you want to see one of the original images just let me know :)

Last edited: May 17, 2003
  8. clonex

clonex Member

thats in brissie that building isnt it, always reminds me of gotham city for some weird reason. What buildin is it actually?

9. gatecrasher

gatecrasher Member

I think it is a govt. building. I had a friend who used to work in that building in the Dept of Fair Trading.

10. FlYiNg_BiRd

FlYiNg_BiRd Member

OK.
    Here are a few that I took here in Portland VIC. Taken with my Canon Powershot G2. Resized and quality reduced heaps.

Whalers Bluff Lighthouse

[​IMG]

Cape Nelson Lighthouse

[​IMG]

Portland Harbour

[​IMG]

Portland Harbour

[​IMG]

ENJOY.

11. Rt!

Rt! Member

may I propose the next challenge?
    take as many pictures of potholes on the street as possible, then include details of the street + suburb its in, and we'll send it off to the local council concerned.

Sydney OCAUers, you only need to take photos of potholes in your street, otherwise we'll crash the forum software :)

12. egarrard

egarrard Member

Sorry it's late...

It's been raining heavily most of the past week. This is a macro shot of a 6 inch high angel in a flower garden, shot with a Nikon Coolpix 2500. I know it's late, but I thought I'd show it anyway...

[​IMG]

13. YYK

YYK Zipper Boy

Is there a winner?

14. gatecrasher

gatecrasher Member

Freak as the starter of this challenge, I think we need a concluding post from you saying something along the lines of "You are all winners in my eyes!" ;) ..

Nah just concluded this challenge so we can have another one. If ppl really care we could have a "people's choice" poll to decide the winner as well....

15. OP
    OP
    Freaek

Freaek Member

This challenge has ended (finito! fini! beendet! terminado!)

No more entries will be accepted (unless you're a 6ft tall blonde goddess who likes Freaek's ;), or you took the photos and are waiting for them to be developed.)

Thankyou to everyone who took part, I was quite pleased with the turnout, and I hope that if we do this again, we'll get even more people!

I never thought about doing this as a contest, hence the name "challenge". It was more of an excuse to get out there and take photos of interesting subjects, and get some commentary on them from the ocau community.

However, if interest is there, perhaps we can do it as some form of competition, with people voting for the shots they like.

Again, thanks everyone!

16. gatecrasher

gatecrasher Member

Maybe do the next one as a comp then?

I say "The people's choice photography competition'

Slogan: "For the glory!"

:D :D