PIII 1000 (CD0) @1125 on P3V4X need only 1,60V???

Discussion in 'Other CPUs and chipsets' started by Powermike, Jul 9, 2001.

1. Powermike

Powermike Member

Just did a test jumpering my Slot-1 adaptor from "default" (which is 1,75V for my CPU) to 1,60V. Did it because the processor became a bit hot under full load (62°C) but did run rock stable.

Hm, now at 1,60V it still runs rock stable but doesn't become that hot: 56°C max now :D.

Is the VCore displayed wrong in BIOS and Software on the P3V4X?? Or do I have a very good CPU? I never needed to bump up VCore overclocking a CPU before, not for the PIII600E@800 (1,65V, Stepping CA2) , neither for the 866EB@975 (1,65V, Stepping CB0), and now for the 1000EB@1125 (Stepping CD0) I can lower VCore from 1.75 to 1.60, not bad but makes me think a bit about it...

Powermike

2. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Member

Intels site says the CD0 stepping cpus require 1.75v. I have a non cd0 stepping std HS and it runs at 52C at full 3d gaming load.

Ok I do not overclock so those temps appear what I would expect with overclocking.

I use artic silver paste worth a couple degrees drop.
    Will keep this in mind and look around a bit.
    Tony

Hee after powermikes last post I will not look further.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2001
  3. overl0ad

overl0ad Member

to begin with, i think this is in the wrong place

but i have a p3 cCO stepping at 146fsb.

it's at 1.75V, but it'll go at the rated 1.7V it's just a matter of playing it safe for me i guess.

and i have no clue y, but under full load(48 hours of seti@home) my max temp is 42C. the only reason y it went to 42C was cause i left the room door closed and the heater on.

no aftermarket HSF, no aftermarket thermal grease. just a copper shim. and 2 case fans. and rounded cables.

funny thing is, i noticed that my temp dropped about 10C when i rounded the cables and tied everything down nicely. and tuned on the fan of course.

but now, i have to surround my comp with pillows before i go to sleep cause it bloody sound like a aircraft engine!!!

have fun!

my mistake, i didn't notice what mobo you had. but still, i think it's more of an intel thing than a mobo thing

Last edited: Jul 9, 2001
  4. OP
    OP
    Powermike

Powermike Member

I was not shure were to post that topic, was wondering if the descibed effect is mobo-specific. It's also an intel related topic, yes, but did't wanna post it twice...

Powermike

5. Smut

Smut Member

What are the cdo stepping p3's meant to clock to, i aint heard of a cdo, oh wait isn't that something to do wit them coppermine t?

6. OP
    OP
    Powermike

Powermike Member

Complete list is here: http://support.intel.com/support/processors/sspec/p3p.htm

The CD0 is a coppermine, has nothing to do with the new tulatin. Intel made this redesign because they wanted to relaunch the 1,13 Gig version.

Powermike

7. OP
    OP
    Powermike

Powermike Member

I have to correct myself, it did work at 1,60V for exactly 23 hours. Couldn't run Seticlient anymore, neither Halflife, both ran fine yesterday. So I'm back at 1,80V...

Powermike