Planetside 2

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by kabab, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Tazor

Tazor Member

I find people not being idiots wins battles :lol: The amount of times I've gone into a base, we have two of three points with relatively close spawns, and instead of holding those points and sending some people off, everyone leaves for dangerous point, gets killed and we lose the other two... But yes, not enough people deploy sunderers, at least not on NC, they all jump in tanks and sit outside the base battering it with artillery, killing team mates and not actually assisting the war efforts.

What faction do you guys play for?

2. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

I generally have my medic revive tool out more than I would my assault rifle.

My lifetime KDR is pretty ordinary. My assists plus kills to death ratio is much better. My revives to deaths ratio I think would be pretty high but those sorts of things aren't a penis toting statistic you can wang around with.

3. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Member

I am much the same with my repair tool on engy.
    More of a support than front line for med/large battles.

Just started playing again this week after a long break and its good to see the performance improvements. Getting much better framerate than i used, its still smooth even in a big base assault.

VS here.
    NC seem to rely on sheer numbers more than anything else.:)

4. Tazor

Tazor Member

See I love everything about NC except other players. It's hard to find good NC outfits because they're mainly just a mass of idiots who play for themselves, I usually find myself running backwards and forwards between points because even though we have a higher population in the region, no one holds points, they just camp the spawn or something useless. But I've put so much time and effort into NC I'm not willing to give up :p

5. joerandom

joerandom Member

Mostly TR, little bit of Vanu. I find NC most popular which turns me off it funny enough.

6. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Member

NC for The Older Gamers [TOG]
    Small group in PS2 these days but great bunch of people. :D

7. joerandom

joerandom Member

Well it is probably time I got on a NC toon for a look. Older people are great to play alongside, the kids drive me nuts. Not near my computer or country for that matter for a few weeks but I'll look it up when I get back.

Been very amused in BF4 lately but it lacks something that PS2 has, I feel more immersed and can get lost in a battle for many hours.

8. Bolter01

Bolter01 Member

Hows everyone going with the 64 bit client?
    I am away ATM and havnt played since its release. Excuse my ignorance, but do you need to do anything (download/install) to run it?

cheers

9. .Spada.

.Spada. Member

Might be a bit too late for a reply, but w/e.

It seems to be working fine for me. I can really notice the smoothness of the 64 compared to the 32. You don't need to do anything like that, it'll just update automatically and will run it by default if you have a 64bit OS.

EDIT: If anyone wants to add me, my nick is Styvesant. I only play TR.

10. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

Its been exactly 1 year since i last played this, I stopped playing because i noticed a big drop in players around this time last year, and found my self running around empty lands with only a few people to encounter.. Hoping to get back into it though if its gotten better.

11. Tazor

Tazor Member

Considering Hoisin was just released the play density has spiked. I played yesterday, was plenty to do.

12. Zabba

Zabba Member

With the new way the alerts work means that the population is forced to fight in only 2 of the 4 maps at any given time. This means that the concentration is much higher, thus bigger fights.

13. onggie

onggie Member

Just jumped on this game last weekend and its amazing. It kind of reminds me of the Battlefield 2 days. I have no idea on the servers or what not but I'm playing on Briggs.

14. omen_child

omen_child Member

Anyone still playing this? Saw it recommended on Reddit the other day and thought i'd give it another go. :leet:

15. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Member

Still playing. Depends when you last played but much more polished than it use to be. Halloween gear is on at the moment with pumpkin hunting alerts. Its funny to see all ESFs ceasefire just so they can find pumpkins.

16. Zabba

Zabba Member

I like the flaming heads better :)

17. doomguy64

doomguy64 Member

Is there a general side most aussies stick to? Decided to give this another go.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  18. neRok

neRok Member

The Aus server (Briggs)? And then use the team that takes your fancy.

I don't know how winning continents works, but for the last couple weeks that I have been playing again, there has only been 1 continent open at a time on Briggs. I don't know if that is the way it's meant to be (or become), or if they only open 1 at a time on this server to keep the population up. Regardless, there's always plenty of people to shoot :D

19. .Spada.

.Spada. Member

There's usually alerts which allow a faction to conquer the continent if they get majority of the territory. But since the last patch, the devs have gone on holiday, and the alert system is broken. The 1 continent that is open is made like that especially for Briggs, cause of the small pop. Used to be all 4, and the small pop just didn't go well with it.

20. doomguy64

doomguy64 Member

Just played for a few hours tonight. Really enjoying it. I was in a platoon that had a galaxy flying over an enemy base and we were all using voice chat to communicate our strikes. We eventually captured the base and went off to next. Loving the constant action and scope of the game, reminds me of battleground europe.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015