Planetside 2

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by kabab, Jul 8, 2011.

1. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Member

Still the only game in a very long time that has kept me entertained enough to constantly play. Huge scope, huge population, be a part of an organised platoon or just go rambo.

2. Paronga

Paronga Member

thread revive!
    agreed. It's limitless in scope. It makes me feel like the old everquest days. I love the game to bits.
    Thanks for the vids.

I'm BR 36 I think now. Loving the progression.

3. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Member

I've been casually playing for the last few years and I'm still only BR58 or something. I don't buy a membership or boosts or anything to make it go faster, I quite like the slow progression, seeing as these days I might only get a good session in 1-2x a week :)

4. Paronga

Paronga Member

I've been a member for about 7 months now. Now that i've got some basic gear (like ed kits, a few weapon attachments, class abilities (heal gun/repair gun/jet packs etc)) I'll probably cancel it. Having those basic upgrades has helped, but not as much as becoming a better player. The certs kinda fly in on some days when I'm in the zone, irrespective of member boost or anything.

However, the monthly station cash daybreak cash and double xp weekends aren't too bad!

5. deluxe

deluxe Member

which faction do you play?

6. Paronga

Paronga Member

I'm VS on birggs(?) server.
    Been bouncing around the classes every few weeks as i get a feel for them. Starting to understand when i should change my strategy to match the circumstances.

7. r8response

r8response Member

Decided to play (update) for the first time this year.... Only a 9gb update....

8. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Member

Vanu is life!

What's your toon name? I'm also on Briggs. It's the Oceania server.

Yeah, there's been a lot of changes! For the better too :thumbup:

9. r8response

r8response Member

It's what put me off the game in the first place. Every single patch (even for minor things) was 4+ GB

10. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Member

Now its usually one every week or two, ~80mb :thumbup:

11. r8response

r8response Member

If that's the case.... NC FOREVER :leet:

12. Paronga

Paronga Member

Yeh the patches aren't too bad these days. But honestly, it's the usual MMO affir in terms of patches.

I think my name is johnmonash. I'm in the trojan trolls outfit? Never really understood that point. I don't have a mic and don't go on team speak, so I don't think I get much benefit.

13. Paronga

Paronga Member

Any action of late?
    I've been steadily playing more and more. It's kind of like that MMO feeling of EQ back in the early naughties. I'm heaving investing my certs into a broad range of play styles. Played a week of Lightening + Sky Guard for some sweet air deterrent. Then a bit of Scythe piloting (hard! worth getting good at). Now a bit of Bubble + Resurrection grenade, a great twist on my normal nanite heal + frag combo!

Excellent game. I'm a bit afraid of the constant patching but nothing really new....

14. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Member

All that DDOS stuff last/this week was pretty meh. But still into it 1-2 sessions a week. In a very casual fuck-around outfit. Sometimes we try to be serious, other times we'll get a beacon up onto a mountain near the enemy warpgate and just get a lock on squad going ;)

15. therazza

therazza Member

Massive update

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-4-27.240151/

Lots of changes:
    Welcome to New Indar
    Massive changes have been made to the continent of Indar. The terrain, lattice, and bases have all received revisions to facilitate better gameplay and a fresh experience.

Warpgates:
    · All warpgates are now updated using the newer updated Koltyr style layout.
    · Moved ocean WG over to the west slightly, added bridge crossing chasm that leads to the Ocean WG’s next lattice base, Indar Waste Treatment

Cortium
    Cortium, a powerful new mineral, allows for the near instantaneous deployment of player-built fortifications. This limited resource has prompted the deployment of Advanced Nanite Transports (ANTs), which harvest Cortium and convert it into battle-ready building material.

New Rescource: Cortium
    Appearing across the wilder areas of Auraxis, Cortium crystals can be harvested and used to create and power player-constructed objects, defenses, and fortifications.

16. jassinlive

jassinlive Member

The AP lightning is the best anti-infantry+vehicle armoured-vehicle in game.

I did a quick montage of my best moments w/ the AP lightning, and recommend anyone unsure of what to spend their certs on next.

Anyone main the AP lightning here?

17. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Good aim man