1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Plans for watercooling, 1st time

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by Avar1ce, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Creekin

Creekin (Taking a Break)

2. OP
    OP
    Avar1ce

Avar1ce Member

all these gadgets are rather tempting still trying to find the right compression fittings anyone have a preferred brand?
    I would like to use black tubing but its going to be a bit hard to see if there's any air bubbles in it

3. Creekin

Creekin (Taking a Break)

4. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Brute force & optimism

I wouldn't bother with all the gadgets for a first loop, you can always add that stuff later when you have the cash. All you need to begin with is a decent fan controller, Scythe Kaze series / Lamptron FC series or similar. Maybe a coolant temp sensor too, monitoring the difference between coolant temp and cpu/gpu temp helps to determine whether you've done a good mount of your blocks.

+1 Creekin's comment, a properly set up loop will pretty much bleed itself over 24 hours of leak testing, or so I've found. If it hasn't you'll know from the noise or from constant bubbles in the res.

5. OP
    OP
    Avar1ce

Avar1ce Member

Yeh I was thinking ill get the loop setup and running 1st then maybe ill try some pump controllers and such but I have a 6 channel fan controller at the moment which will do the job easily

6. OP
    OP
    Avar1ce

Avar1ce Member

7. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Brute force & optimism

Wishlist pic? (yeah, I'm lazy :lol:)

+1 Primo and silver. Greig ships fast when the items are in stock. I've never bought tube from him though, so not sure about ordering specific sizes.... I thought he had different item listings for the different sizes last time I was there... :confused:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011