Plant swapping

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by tgf, Oct 10, 2008.

1. nyah8

nyah8 Member

Heya! I just moved house and lost most of my plants in the process. It's a loach tank so they'll destroy pretty much anything i put in there, but every now and then i get lucky and something survives. I'm after some java fern, but i'll gladly accept donations of whatever excess greenery ocau has :) I'll even pay postage to Adelaide!

2. Kosti

Kosti Member

Need some Green!

Hey Planters! Anyone in Sydney - near Hurstville got some plants they'd like to sell or swap?

I'm looking for the following for my RCS setup

Elodea Cold water
    Water sprite
    Subwassertang
    Needle Leaf Java fern

or anything you may suggest I start with

I dont need a lot and as I am only starting up so even just some clipping :thumbup:

Thanks
    Kosti

3. CacTuar

CacTuar Member

It's probably a long shot, but if anyone wants to sell or swap for some glosso I'd be extremely happy. My guy from the LFS is trying to get me some but apparently his supplier from Darwin is having a hard time growing it as it's been unseasonably cold up there.
    Here's a photo of my tank. Take your pick of whatever you want because I'm not too good at the names of the plants but I do know I have java moss, peacock moss, amazon swords, crested java fern and about 5 other types of plant. Or I'm happy to send some money your way if you don't need any plants, I just want some glosso to start a carpet in the bottom left side.

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

4. 2sick

2sick Member

Java Ferns

Hey all,

have literally let my java ferns grow crazzzy so letting them go mainly between 5+ 15cm in length and have larger varieties.. any interested parties please pm me if interested as based in swest sydney ctown.

5. nyah8

nyah8 Member

Yes please!! Post to Adelaide?

6. tunagirll

tunagirll Member

My local shop has tons of glosso, is it shippable to you from WA?

7. broccoli

broccoli Member

Would you mind giving me the name, please? Do they have lots of good plants?

8. pugsley

pugsley Member

Hey guys, moving to Brisbane early next year and i'm wanting to get my tank down early in prep for the move, so everything inside has to go. I have a tonne of java moss. a few Java ferns and there may still be some anubius nana grafted to drift wood in there somewhere (I'll do some digging and cleaning tomorrow :p )

I'm in Sheidow park a little south of Adelaide.
    Fish stock has been posted in fish swap/giveaway thread :)

9. tangcla

tangcla Member

I've got plant clippings available for free or for trade, not sure what sort of plants they are a bit of black beard algae but nothing that's not treatable or trimmable. Pick up either from the CBD or Mount Waverley.
    I'll trade for other types of plants, neon tetras or glass catfish, or anything else that may be of interest!

10. tangcla

tangcla Member

Anyone? Otherwise it's going in the bin!

11. tunagirll

tunagirll Member

Sorry I missed this; yes they do - Aquotix. The glosso is in the back section with the pond plants.

Also I have 7 or 8 Java Fern 'Windelov' pups between 1" and 2" available, flame moss and some christmas moss, and maybe a blyxa or two.
    Not looking to swap currently for more plants but available for free.

12. broccoli

broccoli Member

Oh thanks (I'd forgotten, too). Aquotix is a good shop, has everything there. Unfortunately, I'm NOR so it's a bit of a trek, but I've been down there a few times. Unfortunately, that means I can't just be popping in to see what new stock they get in.

I'd love some plants, thanks.

13. tunagirll

tunagirll Member

I'm on leave until the 4th, anytime is fine if you want to pick some up (I'm near Mundaring)

14. broccoli

broccoli Member

Hey tunagirll, I sent you a PM (or thought I did), but I tried to send another one to check on you after the bushfires and it said your mailbox was full, so I don't know whether the earlier one went through. Sorry if you didn't get it and thought I was rude. I'd just assumed you were busy doing better things.

15. Anakist

Anakist Member

I will take whatever you feel like sending to the east coast. Thanks!

Also looking for Bolbitis heudelotii if someone has it but I only have java moss and fern (just normal) to trade.

James

16. tunagirll

tunagirll Member

Hi sorry I forgot to clear my messagebox! Just doing it now :) Unfortunately consequence of being evacuated for so long, my moss jars got cooked and died off along with the java fern :( I now have nothing spare even for myself and noo flame moss for my new tank, which is a nightmare to get hold of here in WA as you know!

I was just in there today and they only had one glosso tub left in stock. It might pay to just give them a call. They can always call you when they have it in, and I think they ship too.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
  17. broccoli

broccoli Member

Thanks for the update. It's a shame about your plants, but I'm glad it wasn't worse for you. I was really worried.

Unfortunately, I don't know the plant names, up at city farmers and the previous aquarium shop they didn't label anything and never knew what anything was. Getting aquarium plants over here is a bit of a lottery, especially for me.

18. tunagirll

tunagirll Member

Try browsing http://www.livefish.com.au as it has pictures to go with the common name and the scientific name.

When you see something you like, you can then check out the details and tank parameters for growth :)

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/plantfinder/all.php

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  19. 7yphon

7yphon Member

Hey Guys

I'm chasing a Good Low plant for the bottom of my tank to grow like Grass, and some moss as well if anybody has some shoots.

In Perth

Will pay for a good price if needed :)

thanks

20. tunagirll

tunagirll Member

I have some Brazilian micro sword available, java fern is pupping again, too small to advertise yet but if you're patient will grow out.