1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by BuZeR, Mar 18, 2017.

1. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I think at this point if you aren't running your openworld games on an SSD you are doing something wrong..

You also need a reasonable quad core CPU.

Not streaming things in fast enough is a limit of your computer.

2. kbekus

kbekus Member

Nope, an SSD doesn't solve the loot spawn issue 100%. There are numerous bugs in this game and also crappy net code.... and I'd agree that the playerbase seems to be shrinking, at least it seems that way based on my Steam friends list. But I still play it largely because there's nothing else multiplayer out there right now.

TBH I reckon we're just gonna have to suck it up and accept the game the way it is - I reckon the poor net code and ease of hacking are design issues and solving them would alter the game experience significantly. I'm guessing that Bluehole have pushed as much processing out onto the client as possible to avoid more expensive server hosting bills and to stretch the game engine so that it handles 100 concurrent players... it's clear based on changes they've introduced (having multiple spawn points prior to the plane, closing the plane so you can't see the other 99 players) that the engine struggles with too many players close together.

It will be interesting to see how the 4x4km map performs.

3. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

I wouldn't be so quickly to blame the engine - Fortnite uses the same one and doesn't have the same issues as PUBG (full disclosure I much prefer PUBG to Fortnite).
    I think a lot of the remaining glaring issues are due to the amount of stuff done client side - such as desync and hacking - to solve this would be a significant rewrite I would expect.

4. kbekus

kbekus Member

OK fair enough, then I guess it's their design that's largely to blame.... I have nfi and am shooting from the hip but I'm assuming that with enough resources thrown at it, the server engine could support a higher tick rate? It does seem to me that they're deliberately putting a cap on server performance.

5. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

Yeah it seems as though they made some major design errors but are in too deep now, still, I'll keep playing :lol:

6. s4mmy

s4mmy Member

I've only just started playing, enjoying it so far.

sifMoo is my handle if anyone is keen for a round from time to time.

7. japes

japes Member

That's a major fucking understatement, especially considering PlayerUnknowns experience with the ArmA engines (and hacking as a direct result of that). What did they expect was going to happen? The amount of stuff that is calculated on the client with no valid server verfication is disgraceful.

Like yeah pretty much every title has an issue with ESP's and Aimbots, but then this is next level where because of major design flaws it's possible to hover around in cars that can drive through buildings with scripts.

8. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

Just no... plain and simple no. You are just making stuff up now. Show me the proof you have to back up that claim.

I dont have the best pc in the world but if you are telling me a 6600k gtx 1080 and pubg installed on an m.2 ssd isnt good enough to have loot spawn instantly then you have lost it. I regularly have delay in loot spawns especially in popular areas.

They are running 16 tick servers and you are suggesting loot spawn to be a PC spec issue....

9. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

What sort of internet you running Renegaede?
    I haven't really noticed loot spawning issues for a while now (running on rig in sig)

10. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Jump and dive straight away, and land on a roof that has spawn.

That loot is never there by the time I land.

BUT. If you are just jumping, dive for a bit, adjust, move sideways a bit, pop chute and move a more that way and this, it will have spawned.

11. tek_01

tek_01 Member

Yeah issue only happens when u dive right down as quick as possible. Its much better than it used to be but still exists

12. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

The best is when it spawns but you have to try to pick it up six times before you get it.

13. bart5986

bart5986 Member

When did I even hint that your system wasn't enough? Learn to read.

Also myself and others have played hundreds of games without issues.

How are you managing to put yourself on these "special" servers where things don't load fast enough?

Its obviously going to be an issue with your setup which is creating an issue in your pubg game.

It could be as simple as your internet connection having a lot of packet loss, if the netcode doesn't have a lot of compensation for this it could cause these issues.

However you need to understand that everyone else with your specs has no problems.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  14. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

You're friends and yourself are an incredibly small sample size of players, out of millions of players. It's not "obviously" an issue with his pc at all and telling him he has to understand that "nobody else" has the same issue isn't true.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    kbekus likes this.
  15. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

I have 7700k, 1080ti, 16gb ram and M2 SSD. I have basically nothing installed, use the computer 95% to game. Net is cable, 110mbps.

I have the problems.

It's a lottery where everyone loses.

Land faster and see, you probably have the issue too.

kbekus likes this.
  16. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

You are all conflating 2 things as 1.

1) Users with the game stored on slow disks will have issues where the higher LOD variants of assets are not fully loaded by the time they land (playdough houses etc)
    2) Servers sometimes do not spawn loot by the time the first landers / quick landers have landed.

These are two distinct problems, mixing them makes people butt-hurt. Only issue 1 is addressable by the user.

17. MikHail

MikHail Member

^ You'll see problem 1 on Xbox a lot

18. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

Where do you get this stuff from? EVERYONE else with my specs... have you contacted everyone with those specs that plays pubg and done a poll?

When did you hint that my system wasnt enough? The last line of your post, maybe you need to go back and read. Clearly stated not streaming things in quick enough is a limitation of the computer.

I sincerely hope no one has been silly enough to make system upgrades based on your advice. Because all you have done is pull stuff out of thin air and make idiotic claims about 'everyone' with my spec pc not having issues.

I play the game regardless so i deal with those issues, but i felt the need to call you on that bs.

19. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Last line of his post says everyone else with your specs has no problems, that would indicate your system is definitely enough (ie - the opposite of what you are claiming) as everyone else who has it doesn't have the problem. (And the fact you called out his generalisation means you are into semantics right? He obviously did not ask every single pubg player with your exact specs).

20. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

All these issues are solved, we're getting weapon skins :lol:

Bourke likes this.