PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by BuZeR, Mar 18, 2017.

1. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah bit lame but I rkn itl change. Was just rushed of course due to publisher pressure. It's weird how in BR it starts at 40 and goes down to 20. Should be in reverse. 20hz for normal mp is horrible but tbh I haven't noticed it vs older cods but it should be 60hz like the other ones.

2. the_pessimist

the_pessimist Member

the beta was 60hz from what i remember, so they're just deciding to skimp on server costs imo.
    They obviously haven't milked their fan base enough

3. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Rumors are it's because it'd be noticeable going from 60hz mp to 20hz BR so they made em the same. Beta of BR was 20hz.

Anyway, back to PUBG and the skorpion seems pretty deadly. Even tho weak its quite accurate.

I also heard rumors of a hardware ban for cheaters.. Surely not tho as they love hackers constantly rebuying game..

4. the_pessimist

the_pessimist Member

That might explain why the beta felt shit to me, how is 20hz even viable in 2018... something something apple of the gaming world.

As for PUBG i think its pretty much dead now here in AU.
    The hackers issue should of been dealt with a long time ago, it's just their incompetence that allowed the situation to develop like it has. I don't think hardware bans will work either.

5. rap

rap Member

Aye finally uninstalled it after not getting a game under 250 ping all arvo. Really no point when you are trying to K98 someone and they matrix dodge every shot. Good riddance.

6. syzygy9

syzygy9 Member

Is anyone in Australia getting reasonable pings for PUBG. Perth based, I am pretty much only getting 290+ msecs and seem to be connected to NA servers. Pre region locked' 'quick join', I was getting 60 msecs to OC (Perth to Sydney) but usually couldn't get a game, so connected to SEA (Perth to Singapore) where I was getting 130 msec pings. Post update 22 (??) I am being connected to North America (wtf?!) and am getting 290-300 msecs pings. Game is virtually unplayable at those pings. I was getting better pings playing Quake 2 on dial-up 20 years ago!

7. SnooP-WiggleS

SnooP-WiggleS Member

8. gyaresu

gyaresu Member

I haven't posted on OCAU forums since <checks posts> 2004. I've been playing on NA (North American) servers (US West) from Vancouver, Canada and getting constant 70 ms for the year I've been playing.

I've been playing from Tassie via iinet for the last week and CANNOT WIN A 1v1.

250 ms constant. Every damn map.

So yeah. Found this thread when trying to figure out where-tf Bluehole servers were.

Chat again in another 14 years when some game pisses me off.

/waves

zeggie likes this.
  9. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

PUBG is dead in OCE, bluehole got their way.

Bout all there is now with low pings is black ops 4 & battlefield V

zeggie likes this.
  10. gyaresu

gyaresu Member

Mate got me to start playing https://www.escapefromtarkov.com with him.

It's brutal but at least there are servers in Sydney.

walker_2003 likes this.
  11. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

12. CacTuar

CacTuar Member

This might be a silly question but how do you have the ping shown in an overlay? I would love to see this.

13. afro

afro Member

From memory it’s in the settings / gameplay options. Was introduced a few updates ago.

Interestingly I’ve since moved to a better connection and see my pings on a good day have gone up 100ms to around 280/300ms. Obviously a routing issue. Is there anything I can try? I’ve gone from fixed wireless to Cable.. pinging test servers has gone from 30/40ms to 8-10ms.

14. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

there are some apps out there that you can run while playing that will improve the routing of game traffic, some of them have free trials.

15. Lithiumz

Lithiumz Member

I'm playing on faceit app. Google it. Always find squad fpp games at peak hours on AU's servers. You queue solo and they throw you into a squad where you can all join discord for comms or you can form your own squad of friends

rap and SnooP-WiggleS like this.
  16. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Yes, this does work quite well. I just wish they'd do some Sanhok, even Sanhok duos fpp would be siiiiiick.

17. iinsom

iinsom Member

The more people on Faceit, the more queues they can have.

Spread the word

18. afro

afro Member

My fav part of this game is how it works ok until the action starts.this hard locked my system, hasn’t happened to me in any software in years. (Yes I had to take this on my phone)
    Also look at server stats. This is on Telstra cable.

Attached Files:

19. iinsom

iinsom Member

Cause you're not connected to an aus server mate..

You've connected to an SEA regioned server.

20. afro

afro Member

I'll be checking out faceit over the weekend... I'm a very casual gamer so I probably get annoyed at the BS bugs etc a bit more cos I dont get many chances to play it.