PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by BuZeR, Mar 18, 2017.

1. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

'

You need to add the SG nodes, you're using an AU node, which won't be any different than without VPN.

Add the SG nodes, then try using an SG HostUS node.

You can close the dashboard, but you need to keep mudfish running.

walker_2003 likes this.
  2. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah got it going and solid 115ms pings and way less spikes then ExitLag.

Thanks for reccomendation. Switched to subscription mode which seems great at $1usd a month!

^catalyst likes this.
  3. syzygy9

syzygy9 Member

After some investigation, the problem for us Perth based PUBG players on Telstra, is that Telstra routes everything via Sydney and from there all over the place (usually Hong Kong). So apologies to PUBG, the problem lies with crappy Telstra routing, at least for those of us in Perth.

I had play with 'Outfox' with a modicum of success, it seems to improve the routing after Sydney, which is Outfox closest server. But I was still getting 200+ pings and Outfox was flaky; sometimes connecting, sometimes not, and sometimes reporting low ping when the ping was high. I have been playing with 'Exitlag' which is essentially a VPN, and directed all PUBG traffic to Singapore. Now PUBG sees me as local Singapore and lo and behold! 60-70msecs pings playing SEA servers. Exitlag is routing me directly from Perth to Singapore. What a revelation, I actually win some fights now.

There are lots of online complaints about Telstra routing all international traffic out of Perth via Sydney. So in this specific case Exitlag works very well; routing me directly to Singapore, bypassing Telstra's routing shenanigans and reducing my ping by a factor of 4!

4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I tried ExitLag and I averaged ping of 120ms down from 250ms to SEA, great success! however I kept getting spikes to 200ms. And its $10 a month

Then I tried mudfish and I average ping of 110ms now and no lag spikes and its $1.25 a month! much better (but less user friendly)

In other news, patch 25 is live now, 9GB

https://www.pubg.com/2019/01/23/update-25-patch-notes/

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  5. syzygy9

syzygy9 Member

For me located in Perth and VPN'ng directly to Singapore rather than the circuitous route Telstra seems to impose, ExitLag works well. I would guess that it is situation dependent (location and ISP's routing methodology). Telstra could of course save me some money by directing my Singapore traffic directly to Singapore, rather than have it take a world trip first.

Unfortunately, I paid years subscription for OutFox which I now no longer use (ouch!). ExitLag's better performance is worth it for me but I have taken the learning and only signed up for 3 months to evaluate before committing any bigger bucks. It seems rather ironic to me that I now pay more for a VPN to get good game performance than what I paid for the game itself.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    walker_2003 likes this.
  6. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  7. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

So I have to pay for a thing, to bring my ping down to an amazing 120ms, then not get shifted off when I lose 1v1 because of missing bullets and dying behind cover?

Whatyousmokin

8. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Smoking 'PubgisKingevenWitBadPing'

9. NeonTiTan

NeonTiTan Member

Played a few games yesterday. FPP is sitting about 100ms. which is playable. TPP is about 30ms.

TBH TPP is hard. i might just stick with FPP.

PUBG IS KING. No doubt

walker_2003 likes this.
  10. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

There is a lot of doubt tbh....

ChinoPD likes this.
  11. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Tried Mudfish.

Finally got it working. Went from 180 ping to 120 ping. But went from 3-5% packet loss spikes to 20%. Super unplayable. Laggy. Floaty. Ugh.

12. neRok

neRok Member

If you want to play on Asian servers, you should move to Perth. They must have fixed/upgraded the pipe recently, because I've started getting better pings to SEA than to the east coast (50-ish). This is on Insurgency but.

13. s4mmy

s4mmy Member

Is it just me or again, new patch, shit load of hackers\auto-aim?

14. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Shouldn't have bothered.

Runs like arse still. 120ms ping at best. Loss is constant. Laggy AF. You basically don't win firefights like you used to. Kills comes from shooting unsuspecting people.

15. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Game felt floaty for me other night but I just assumed thats the clunky engine, especially after playing Apex..

You might be getting more packet loss then me, I only see occasional hitches in the red.

Try exitlag, its 1000x easier then mudfish, has free trial. Maybe works nicer with your ISP. For me I had more packet loss with exitlag.

A shame if exitlag works better for you though, its pricier.

16. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Yeah na. Uninstalled.

17. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Oof

EDIT: I couldn't get into PUBG so I am glad I didn't because it's BUG-E!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  18. Bourke

Bourke Member

There's massive activity on WEIBO and WEI-CHAT, and internet is getting slower and slower, something to do with BENNO and not playing PUBG anymore, ranking higher then next Royal birth.

SEA Solo - 200ms
    SEA SQUAD - 80ms

makes perfect sense.
    I played first in months of any game at all, and all rando squad, which i've never played ever.
    FIrst game, 3+1, make it to 6th.
    2nd game, looting and I get 2 rds of shotgun close, then dude comes out of yellow house, he has a yellow head marker, I Auto him, FF, he TK's me and crys about, an adult male crying over FF.
    All other games pretty much suck, 2 kills and 1 knock in 10 odd games.

Still can't find ppl, still can't hit ppl even when locked in at range, I haven't missed not playing. when everyone died I still made it to 2nd 1 game.
    Imagine if all these guys(and girls) who instead of playing this crap, they were learning a trade or building cars or art or buildings, like progressing our society in some way....imagine.

19. japes

japes Member

What the fuck kind of comment is this? You mean like the majority of gamers who work and then jump on for a few rounds when they get the chance?

walker_2003 likes this.
  20. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Doesn't realise most of us are very much employed.

walker_2003 likes this.