PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by BuZeR, Mar 18, 2017.

1. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

'

You need to add the SG nodes, you're using an AU node, which won't be any different than without VPN.

Add the SG nodes, then try using an SG HostUS node.

You can close the dashboard, but you need to keep mudfish running.

walker_2003 likes this.
  2. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah got it going and solid 115ms pings and way less spikes then ExitLag.

Thanks for reccomendation. Switched to subscription mode which seems great at $1usd a month!

^catalyst likes this.
  3. syzygy9

syzygy9 Member

After some investigation, the problem for us Perth based PUBG players on Telstra, is that Telstra routes everything via Sydney and from there all over the place (usually Hong Kong). So apologies to PUBG, the problem lies with crappy Telstra routing, at least for those of us in Perth.

I had play with 'Outfox' with a modicum of success, it seems to improve the routing after Sydney, which is Outfox closest server. But I was still getting 200+ pings and Outfox was flaky; sometimes connecting, sometimes not, and sometimes reporting low ping when the ping was high. I have been playing with 'Exitlag' which is essentially a VPN, and directed all PUBG traffic to Singapore. Now PUBG sees me as local Singapore and lo and behold! 60-70msecs pings playing SEA servers. Exitlag is routing me directly from Perth to Singapore. What a revelation, I actually win some fights now.

There are lots of online complaints about Telstra routing all international traffic out of Perth via Sydney. So in this specific case Exitlag works very well; routing me directly to Singapore, bypassing Telstra's routing shenanigans and reducing my ping by a factor of 4!

4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I tried ExitLag and I averaged ping of 120ms down from 250ms to SEA, great success! however I kept getting spikes to 200ms. And its $10 a month

Then I tried mudfish and I average ping of 110ms now and no lag spikes and its $1.25 a month! much better (but less user friendly)

In other news, patch 25 is live now, 9GB

https://www.pubg.com/2019/01/23/update-25-patch-notes/

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  5. syzygy9

syzygy9 Member

For me located in Perth and VPN'ng directly to Singapore rather than the circuitous route Telstra seems to impose, ExitLag works well. I would guess that it is situation dependent (location and ISP's routing methodology). Telstra could of course save me some money by directing my Singapore traffic directly to Singapore, rather than have it take a world trip first.

Unfortunately, I paid years subscription for OutFox which I now no longer use (ouch!). ExitLag's better performance is worth it for me but I have taken the learning and only signed up for 3 months to evaluate before committing any bigger bucks. It seems rather ironic to me that I now pay more for a VPN to get good game performance than what I paid for the game itself.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    walker_2003 likes this.