PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by BuZeR, Mar 18, 2017.

1. spank36

spank36 Member

PUBG has made tons of money and Blue Hole and Tencent (especially Tencent) are loaded

2. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Is enough hackers as it is having to re buy game when banned. If they made it f2p it'd be so bad. And one thing can be thanked for that. Steam marketplace.

3. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

In OC the looting and opening doors is fine. Just clunky movement. That can be forgiven when there is such an epic end game. Nothing comes close to that thrill not even failpex.

na1lbomb likes this.
  4. Hive

Hive Member

I have a rant!

BP is absolutely useless. When you do get a crate you can unlock without a virtual KEY you get a tan wife beater or a dirt skin for a gun noone uses. The skins in this game are a joke. I weep for humanity that there are people out there that pay more attention to dressing their in game avatar than their own self. The skin crap is for F2P bullshit.

Game is only playable during peak, movement feels like you are asking someone over a satellite connection VOIP call to use a keyboard for you "Go forward, do this, pick that up"

Weapon damage/dynamics in this game are CANCER. If it was a duck simulation game that also featured the ability to shoot a gun i would understand if the gunplay was half assed but in a battle royale gun game this is inexcusable.

Devs were more interested in putting their useless arts degrees to use than build a decent shooting game. Why many play this i don't know. I'm one of those idiots that still occasionally play it :). It's a love hate relationship.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  5. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Agree with the rest of your rant but this part. The gunplay in pubg is almost what makes it. Being able to control the recoil and master the guns is often the deciding factor. If it had say the gun damage models and recoil of battlefield 4 it would be much less enjoyable and more about who saw who first. In pubg a pro can be shot at first and win the gunfight. It has a very high skill ceiling.

Having a powerful gun that kicks like a bull is part of the thrill in that top 5 situation, one of many factors that makes the game the most thrilling at the end game.

However if they whole game was made in frostbite it'd be better overall for sure especially movement I'd just want them to keep the gunplay similar.

6. chewbacca

chewbacca Member

I'm not seeing anything about road spikes in the patch notes. Are they in and I've just missed where they've said so?

7. Hive

Hive Member

I have no problem with how they have done recoil, i think that element is great, but the bullet damage is what gets my goat. In particular i'm talking about torso shots in how they basically do nothing in this game...

It is what it is - a combat simulator, and it IS about who sees who first and pulls the trigger first. I honestly have never understood why so many are against realistic damage in games. Then again i was a fan of hardcore mode when i *did* play COD many years ago. Everything else just felt silly in having to unload a clip into someone. Yes yes i know :) i need to git gud

I guess my point is If everyone were playing with the premise of "you get shot once that's it", game styles would change drastically. Maybe i've been FPS gaming for too long and i'm just turning into a jaded grumpy bastard.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  8. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Its no full sim, hence healing someone after being shot to head with a hand to shoulder and a redbull. It isnt about who see's who first mid/long range, about recoil control and bullet drop etc.

Footage here at 10 second mark

I hope its in game and not just a cinematic!

Hive likes this.
  9. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Yes and no.

Apex has some super tense moments, its just not silence / not sure where they are tense. It's a scramble to out manouvre / out play tension.

10. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Spose thats something but not as good as PUBG. If only PUBG was as polished as Apex (bar source engine struggling FPS wise at times)

11. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Yeah. The 140fps is fine :p

12. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Show me ya fps in the jump ship

13. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Roger. Will screenshot it.

I don't get FPS slow downs though, just isn't a problem.

Honestly though, 60 people on that size map. But with PUBG "realism". I'd be in.

14. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Maybe they improved it but when I last played it went blurry AF to keep the minimum 90fps I wanted on 1440p using the adaptive resolution.

15. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Adaptive resolution. Ew!

I run it 3440x1440 on a 1080ti. Never have frame problems.

16. Bourke

Bourke Member

Please change your Profile picture as you're advertising that is this game isn't trash.....maybe to something inspirational..>_<

17. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Then you have eye problems. At release at least no matter what detail you run would be dips into 70s if not lower with that res/spec.

18. spank36

spank36 Member

PUBG isn't exactly the poster child for good performance :lol:. They definitely improved it massively though over time

walker_2003 likes this.
  19. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Telling you Walks, FPS dips have never impacted my performance in APEX. They were a problem occasionally in PUBG.

And this isn't taking into account the obvious other large gaps in playability.

Don't know why you're arguing with me :p Have more hours on both games than you do! (and more wins...)

20. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Show mee da screenshot when in planezz.

But yes PUBG sux, still get dips with my 2080ti not maxed out details.

Also below at 2560x1440 seems to suggest you will have some nasty dips @ 3440x1440 unless something has changed recently?

Source engine just can't seem to handle big maps.

apex-legends-multiplayer-benchmark_1440p.png

Maybe the fps dips aren't costing you wins, but they exist and are annoying none the less.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019