PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by BuZeR, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

This is not strictly true.....

2. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Pubg 100 players.. Modern warfare ground war = 50 players. MW has like the worst netcode. It balls.

Screenshot_20200116-095307_YouTube.jpg

Technically no it's still dev by bluehole but tencent ported it across and it has a heap of differences.. Auto loot l, different recoil system and helicopters to name a few.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  3. Hive

Hive Member

Having played both i find it ridiculous to even think that, the netcode is objectively terrible in PUBG and has not improved much. I find COD netcode to be very snappy and responsive, even at really high framerates. like an actual FPS should be. Half the actions in PUBG don't even register be it picking things up or bullets or damage. dunno if it's just my PC but PUBG just blows in comparison, it feels sluggish as all hell and it's not a framerate issue.

4. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Was this released in an attempt to battle Fotnite? I know PUBG itself was around before but the mobile version i'm not sure. It's a shame that they're not playing together like F does though i get destroyed even on kb/mouse so i can only imagine someone playing phone would have a tough time against the pc guys that have spent thousands of hours lol

5. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I think your confusing the feel of the engine and frame rates and net code.

Next time you lose a fair fight in modern warfare watch the replay. Is so often I shot 8 times and replay shows 5 or so.

Clunky looting is just pubg not netcode. Though it is worse when ping sucks.

It was a (successful) attempt to make $ after fortnite mobile success. There is no crossplay because they is significant changes compared to PC/Console versions. A lot of people use keyboard and mouse on PUBG mobile but apparently its somehow detected and they get put together?

Has been people asking for console vs PC crossplay but its a tricky balancing act as game has zero aim assist on console so generally console gamers will get dominated (excluding the small percent who are damn good with controllers or those using XIM4 etc for KB/Mouse support).

Modern Warfare done decent job of crossplay but some PC gamers even think the autoaim gives console players the edge at times. The game natively supports keyboard and mouse on consoles and reports you as such and removes your aim assist (and people can filter out KB/Mouse) but some use XIM4 to emulate KB/Mouse but still report as using controller = face easier targets + aim assist remains. Another reason I am over MW.

6. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I had a laggy go of test server. Found 4 x SLR's in a building I could only access by exploding a wall.

7. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

not that many still play it here, but new changes inc TDM mode. I played it on test server its a great way to get better with guns.

8. jpw007

jpw007 Member

So pumped for this. Should hopefully make finding a round a lot easier. Usually my mate and i just 2 man squad and i've really only put in about 15hrs on this over 3 months so coming up against 2 man squads can be hard (but my mate is great at the game) but against a proper 4 means no chance ever really

9. scips

scips Member

Csgo shows this exactly in 64tick vs 128tick (regular match making vs faceit/esea)

I feel like spraying/body shots seems way more lethal on faceit/esea, more hits register so less 97 in 3 from point blank when you fired 10 times and the enemy fills 50% of the screen.

walker_2003 likes this.
  10. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

You will find games but just TDM, otherwise use Mudfish and play in SEA FPP duo's/solo's all you want. 80-120ms ping depending where you live. Although overall there is more obvious hackers in SEA, the average player in SEA isnt as good as OCE so the higher ping is offset by that.

Only time you feel the bad ping is surprise corner battles where the 20ms player has advantage.

According to WackyJacky analysis higher ping played have advantage in peaking battles though.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  11. Bourke

Bourke Member

Got new interwebs
    Haven't played in 6 months, SOLO TPP no pop after 1min, SOLO FPP no pop after 1min, 1 man squad FPP pop after 30sec
    Jump early, see no one, kept hitting E key to use instead of F key..LOL

Get good gear, run through middle of map, no doors open at all, 3rd circle actually cop some fire, flee into 2 story house.
    I have no sound on at all, no sound, camp the stairs, windows get shot out, still camping, turn to see dude at bottom of stairs, 5 rounds single tap M4, almost like slow motion he dead, I get hit 0 times.
    Wait for another dude, nothing about so exit the bottom floor, see a grenade and dude standing on outside corner, I blewed up, he didn't..o_0

Ping was 75-95ms whole game, felt floaty still, the fact I shot a dude at 3m away with no sound on proves I was getting a boost in Lag...or Ping=Win and not skill based.
    Game is dead, I still like game though.

12. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Only FPP squad pops in evenings. Don't play TPP anyway eww.

If you want solo or duo try mudfish and route to SEA for 80 to 120ms ping depending on ISP and location.

Also this
    https://www.vg247.com/2020/02/24/pubg-streamers-leaving-bugs-issues/

Game always has and will be buggy, unoptimised and full of cheaters. But still nothing compares to those final circles.

spank36 and Hive like this.
  13. JustHarry

JustHarry Member

We usually play FPP if we can squad up.

Otherwise we jump on VPN and go SEA servers. We find a lot of aussie players on VPN playing SEA. Lots of Hackers on SEA but it doesn't bother us too much. We still get wins.

Lastnight was a joke; Ended up playing TPP SEA via VPN because FPP OCE and even FPP SEA kept giving us Karrakin over and over. There was no break, just Karrakin after Karrakin. We played a couple but on the third time, exited, trying to get something different. 15 times in a row, we got Karrakin. We would wait till the timer started, then leave, and we'd get a fresh lobby.....