1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by BuZeR, Mar 18, 2017.

1. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

I think it will likely be related to a specific graphics setting(s) or configuration.

2. hvalac

hvalac Member

I've been getting crashing ever since the 4.9gb patch a few weeks ago, I can crash opening the game to being the the loading lobby to landing from my plane jump to anything else you can suggest at any given time but.... I think it may be memory related :p

3. Athlonman_2nd

Athlonman_2nd (Banned or Deleted)

Ever since the patch released a month ago, I've been getting fairly significant performance dips when near the Red Zones. Down to around 35fps with a 6700k/1080 system. Prior to the patch, the fps's were around 50.

4. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Same but it isn't just around red zones. It is all over the place. None of the gps fixing guides or anything have helped... really getting old :( 70fps solid, to a slide show for 5s, to 70fps solid again over and over... so fucking hard to keep rank

5. Wozzernux

Wozzernux Member

Grabbed this a couple of weeks back, solo queueing doesn't interest me but duos and squads are a hell of a lot of fun :thumbup: keen to squad up with some OCAU folks.

6. Ogre

Ogre Member

You should delete all your config files after each patch. Basically each patch has changed which settings are useful or do anything at all.

7. Bourke

Bourke Member

My performance is rock...server side though has been dodge lately..trees in the sky and bottomless abyss.
    Anywho i'm over it..solo that is...went 3rd/no kills/1v1 ping lag loss and sniped while waiting to come into circle 15th...I had 0 joy in even playing.
    I love random, adventure, looting and tactics....but none of that matters any more...ping=win...why I stopped playing COD coz +300 ping won't fly.
    Never won a dinner but that didn't matter, battling hard through the blue jus to get into the circle only to die by something stoopid.
    Loot drops since last month is woeful...in the following games, I had extremes like,
    8 Firstaids-7 painkillers-7 drinks+30 bands-3 surpressed weapons+lvl3 hel+vest and no kills-travelled from top of map to bottom in the blue for 2 circles only to sniped with no kills-even 5 kills one match-no backpacks or FA after 4 houses-
    no Rifles after looting 10 houses-one match was shotty and UMP with red dot, all I could find.
    The time given to the game doesn't result in fun anymore...But duo or quads looks like an extender to the game.
    Rant over....:upset:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  8. shmity

shmity Member

Came across a dirty bunch of assholes this morning teaming in solo. At least 6 of them all running across the map together.

9. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

Yip, unfortunately all you can do is report it on the battlegrounds forums and hope they get banned.

According to one person in here though (they haven't shown themselves in a while) teaming is perfectly acceptable and so is scripting. :rolleyes:

Edit: Came across this one last night

https://pubgtracker.com/profile/pc/t34980uijwkelfg/solo?region=oc

I jumped off the first floor balcony, he was on ground floor, and got double head shotted through the window as i landed. Went back through my recording (which i started late) and counted 8 kills on the kill feed, every single one a headshot.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  10. kha-khees

kha-khees Member

I'm now in the club. Saved like $4 by buying from CDKEYs or somesuch.

Would be good to have more to squad with. Just been soloing and duo with an old mate so far.

Man it feels good to para into the same building and punch on someone just as they grab a gun.

11. sugaris

sugaris Member

A lad tried that on me last night and I won the fist fight then grabbed a gun and finished him. :thumbup:

12. perz

perz Member

These crashes are getting out of hand.

I'm contemplating doing a fresh reinstall of everything and seeing if that helps cause I'm at my wits end.

13. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

all this game needs is:

-Optimisation
    -first person only
    -loot to be more realistic e.g in cupboards
    -Ability to brake glass on ground to hear people coming
    -board up doors
    -lay road spikes
    -deployable cover somehow
    -random location spawning 'doomsday prep' style underground bunkers with good loot
    -Animations to wave/give finger etc.

Can tell I been thinking of some ideas eh (even if they suck):lol:

14. KriiV

KriiV Member

These promote camping instead of movement :thumbdn:

The rest I agree with :thumbup:

15. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Let us know if it helps.

Having all sorts of trouble..
    getting "An Error Occured" randomly when trying to join a match.

Crashes on loading.
    Crashes on planing.

16. perz

perz Member

So far so good, I did a clean install of windows 10 and installed the bare minimum drivers.
    Only installed Overwatch and Pubg and yeah, I played with the lads last night without any hickups.

But it's only early days. Fingers crossed! :rolleyes:

:edit:
    Spoke too soon, got a new error now where supposedly my "memory could not be read"?
    God damn this game!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  17. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Is it at a stage that is worth getting it? Or still a bit Beta?

18. hairy

hairy Member

but the circle prevents camping.

19. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I haven't had the chance to game in the past two weeks, rock stable for me. I've only had one CTD but that was maybe 3 or 4 patches ago and many people were getting it post patch, stopped playing until next patch and rock solid again. Some are mentioning that the crashes are memory issues, I've got more than enough.

Anyway, some new stuff :D

http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1438189263188767278

If it seems from gameplay or if you enjoy this kind of gameplay then it's worth it. I watched and observed the development of this game for a bit before finally pulling the trigger. :thumbup:

20. neRok

neRok Member

Yer, that's not going to happen. 3rd person is just wack, I don't get peoples obsession with it. It must be the 'rejects' of FPS games that want to play this one :p

It was the same in H1Z1, and the 1st person only survival servers were always fewer in number and players than the others. I don't think they even had 1st person battle royale servers in that game (never played BR though).