PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by BuZeR, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Reins

Reins Member

Absolutely loving this game.

Have to say I enjoy solo the most.

Favourite aspect would have to be that you can approach it however you feel like playing it. Whether it be dropping into a city with a lot of people and playing aggressively or getting as far away as possible and then playing it slow around the edges of the circle. Good stuff.

Also, if you haven't discovered it, there's something very nice in the bottom corner of F:L. :weirdo:

2. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

Really enjoying the game but there are a few things that annoy me.

-getting in vehicles is slow and clunky and have gotten out numerous times as it was so slow i pressed f again.

-quick peeking / shoulder peeking with a shotgun basically makes you unkillable. I had someone peeking from behind a wall and each time he did he would take a shot. I could only ever see the edge of his shoulder for a split second yet that is apparently enough for him to hit me with a shotgun at every time from about 60 - 70m

-nades are so slow and clunky they are pointless and a health hazard as the molotov keeps bugging out for me and the aiming target is always around my torso so i end up setting myself on fire.

3. ZXR

ZXR Member

I totally avoid any of the grenades. No point to them for the most part.

The most fun I've had is getting an airdrop with a ghillie suit in it as well as a AWM. I then set up in the middle of the field inside a bush and picked people off before they even got close. I also had an 8X scope. It's funny watching people run around like headless chooks trying to get away. :lol:

I might get into some duo games on the weekend. So far I've only played solo.

4. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Yeah, don't bother with grenades. I also personally don't pickup pistols at all.

Fav. kit is S12K+exmag+rds and then an AR of some sort with a 4x, prefer the 5.56mm ones for long range.

Been watching some tips online, gonna smash some ppl tonight :D

Been rocking lots of duo/squad with mates on discord; done a few solos but not really winning lol.

Wonder when the next 'daily' patch is coming?

5. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

6. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Had quite a few games last night. Couple of duo's we got into the top 10's.

Then later on at night i won my first duo. It was 4 teams and we were both still alive, we just camped it up while the rest were killing themselves off. Ended up being us 2 vs one other guy, let my team mate bait while i waited, spotted him and got the kill. Ended up 5 kills and winning.

Second win was in a solo... and honestly was HILARIOUS! i ejected early, and saw that there was about 10-15 people all near me. I managed to land further out than the rest, so i ensure that i was always ahead of the team, but i tried to keep to the outside area that was isolated. Encountered about 6 or 7 people, but always ensured i was well hidden and didn't really expose myself.

Got down to the last 5 people, and i just kept on staying out in the edge and letting them kill themselves, until it was me and another guy. I stayed still until i spotted him and made my approach, threw 5 nades, and clutched the kill.... only AFTER nading myself down to like 10% health....... oh well a win is a win! :D

I have to say... those last 10 people alive moments...... are tense as hell!

7. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

So Oceanic servers are good for this early access? or wait for it to mature a bit?

8. bobbyjimmy

bobbyjimmy Member

Decent-ish.
    Still lags randomly, rubber bands and had 3 "lost connection to server" errors last night (once when it was in the top 5...).
    In saying that, it's worth the coin, good fun.

Also, who the fark is Angus?

9. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

SMITTY!!!

Also, won my first solo last night- with two kills! was tense AF, I initially only started the game (at about midnight!) to test some graphic settings... Then... I won :)

10. Reins

Reins Member

Not sure but I sure wish he'd get on Skype.

11. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

Won 5 out of 6 duo games last night, absolutely ripped it up! One in particular was insane! I died with about 40 people left and my duo partner managed to kill 10-11 of the remaining people. There were so many moments when he almost died but somehow got out of the situation, wish it was recorded, it was insane to watch.

12. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Sounds like the hunger games

13. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Which is a knock-off of Battle Royale, which is where the name comes from :)

14. emett

emett Member

This ok to play on my own or will I get raped.?

15. Ogre

Ogre Member

There is a solo, duo and squad mode, you can solo in all of them

16. aokman

aokman Member

How does going up against a squad = less rape :lol:

17. OP
    OP
    BuZeR

BuZeR Member

Solo, as in free for all mode, duo puts teams of two against other teams of two, ditto for squads of 4.

The match making only puts you against other people in the same game type.

18. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Subbing to keep an eye out for this game. I've never played DayZ nor have I ever played a similar game. A lot of gameplay vids on YT have popped up on late and they are looking pretty good. This game looks fun.

19. ZXR

ZXR Member

Just grab it! It's become an addiction for me. Some games you get taken out really early, other games you'll get down to the last 10ish people and it's super tense. There are times I've yelled out when being surprised by someone and my wife has asked if I'm ok. Not many games have sucked me in this much.

20. AERO

AERO Member

what happens when you die? you have to watch for however long the rest of the game takes? and how long is an average game?

i bought it but havnt played yet