PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by BuZeR, Mar 18, 2017.

1. lithos

lithos Member

"That was everything I dreamed..."

Brilliant.

2. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Monthly Patch coming in a few days:
    http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75841595765759260

This patch will be deployed for both clients and servers Thursday, April 20, 5PM KST/1AM PDT/8AM UTC and is expected to take approx. 1 hour to complete.

3. yanman

yanman Member

Yep saw it on reddit - can't wait to try it out :)

Btw are you guys using the /r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS discord server to find squads/duo's?

4. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

5. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Super super tempted. :thumbup:

6. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

It's a great game, been playing this non stop for the past 2 weeks since i got it! Occasionally get on ghost recon wildlands when i get frustrated with getting killed when i JUST get into the zone after legging it for like 15 mins... LOL

7. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

It's a bit silly but I'm too used to 100fps+ @ 1440P Uptra on all my games, some hit max my display refresh rate. It appears that this will do about 60-70fps average with 50s as lows and 70s high. Would love for this go go up another 20fps if possible.

8. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

It will after the patch, almost certain of it.

9. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Let's hope so but we'll see. I suppose it's still early days and in alpha stage. I certainly hope this isn't one of those games that is forever alpha. But fair enough:

https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/news/68.pu

10. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Mine runs @ 90fps @ 4k, with everything on low except for view distance and textures which are ultra and high, and screen scale @ 90.

It's not about the pretty, it's about fluid, and removing all the shit so that you can see people moving! ;)

11. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

It's been about both for me :D

Didn't they patch that, where people turned a setting low so that they can't hide behind bushes?

12. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Next patch will alter foliage, so that the same amount is displayed regardless of the quality setting. This will mean hiding in grass will become a *lot* more popular...

13. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Ah fair enough. I just a YT video it looks like recommended settings are Ultra everything while keeping shadows and foliage very low. Gives you a bit of fps boost, makes the game look pretty and washed out, while still being equally competitive against other players.

14. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Do that @ 4k and then come back to me saying you get an fps boost LOL!

AA is turned off for me as @ 4k don't need it. Post processing does make it look pretty but can tank about 20fps. Shadows are the same really, so max i would recommend them is @ medium to get the atmosphere, but really.... it's not necessary.

Foliage is definitely not necessary IMHO, and textures i like on high as it gives you better definition with long range sniping. view distance well, yeah definitely ultra. It may be completely different in 1080p but yeah 4k you can't have anything past medium without massive hits to fps.

15. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i thought you was over MP games?

16. tek_01

tek_01 Member

some of those changes couldnt come soon enough !

17. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Update is released, 5.3GB download on steam :

18. Dukey

Dukey Member

I really gotta get in on this, my steam list now has everyone playing it so guessing it's fun.

19. Ogre

Ogre Member

The last update improved the game a great deal.

20. AERO

AERO Member

played my first 4 games or so, isnt saving my statistics in game which is annoying, 1 games i was half way through and i timed out which is bs, never have issues with any other games, few games i died off the bat.

got to 20th one game, just got to 30th but i revealed myself too early. even when im hidden some people can snipe from distances which my weapon doesnt seem to be able to zoom/scope to.

have tried a few weapons and enjoyed the general experience. think ill be putting in a bit more time into this game i think. certainly buggy but also fun.

sometimes its a bit slow going but then again everyones probably in the same boat camping and waiting for the bubble to get smaller.

might have to watch some vids, had bandages yesterday but they couldnt be used :( only played solo and in oceanic server, seems to default to the asian server every game