1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by BuZeR, Mar 18, 2017.

1. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

default settings:

Aim down sights
    quick tap to aim down sights
    quick tap again to return.

Hip fire with little zoom
    Press and hold to activate
    release to return

Pro tip, when clearing house use hip fire with zoom for better view, it isnt much less accurate.

2. Phat Devil

Phat Devil Member

Set them to toggle instead of hold in options

3. Bourke

Bourke Member

RENEGADE-A quad core at 4ghz and decent gpu will run it fine, I think RAM and pagefiles are important though, you need over 4gb for rendering, check your system usage, MSI AB has gpu mem and pagefile graphs.

CHICKEN- What SLAPPY said, could be Input/sever lag...I got some input lag, you can test by opening calculator, click 4 random numbers as fast as you can and repeat the pattern, if you mouse click more times then you show a number then you have some.
    I think it's a usb thing or a monitor refresh rate blah.
    I'm contemplating buying a new monitor and mouse jus for PUBG, jus to see if it improves, although i'm playing maybe 2 hrs a week...LOL
    this game..:rolleyes:

oh and I heard that major players got kicked off out of a comp coz they were using modded .ini files.
    I play so vanilla i'll never understand peoples motivations.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  4. MikHail

MikHail Member

ChickenSausage,

What Walker said, also if you're too close to objects, it can break ADS, such as going too close to a wall or rails

5. Erwino

Erwino Member

Anyone keen to do some duo's? I've only just started playing, so i'm noob. Send me a PM and we'll exchange steam ID's.

6. ChickenSausage

ChickenSausage Member

Thanks people, I got it sorted. I still suck though lol

7. Bourke

Bourke Member

Same game
    I hit a dude 5 times for knock then another 1 times and he doesn't die, hit his mate 3 times and no knock, with 5.56mm, it was 3 v 1, so I bugged out.
    End up in 5th circle, ppl everywhere, dude posting so tap away with 7.62mm, 2 or 3 and no knock, then I get drilled with a UMP, like 6 shots in 0.3 of a sec and insta dead..oh while wearing 2 helm and 3 vest. :tired:

I have a theory maybe you could mod the game files so that 9mm does 7.62mm damage, would explain some things.

8. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

You can't modify the game files to do that, it doesn't work like that.

However, you could be getting 'super-bullet' hits, which you can read up on. It isn't to do with cheating, but sure as shit makes it feel like people are cheating.

9. MikHail

MikHail Member

Bourke Feeling your pain

**Contains slowed down Swearing/Rage**

Bourke likes this.
  10. Bourke

Bourke Member

LOL
    you were doomed, you jus took your time, your shots were good enough, the no knock on the second last guy was garbage that it didn't happen.
    2 Guys posting up at you was pretty much done.
    Thats why playing single in squads "should" be impossible, coz theres 2-3 guys aiming at you, but it's easier to get to top ten.
    Well played jus the same, no cover and running down hill, prone may have helped but ya, good-oh.

11. iinsom

iinsom Member

If you're talking about the ass zone behaving like theres no armour, that was fixed a few weeks ago (maybe even last week, cant remember)

Also, the 1.0 test realm is amazing. Apart from the new font everywhere (which is personal preference) its a massive step in the right direction. The new gun is pretty solid, havnt tried out the AUG yet though. But its looking promising.

12. kbekus

kbekus Member

I tried the new test last night for a while and my feelings are mixed. I wish they'd allow you to place the UI elements where you want (I liked it with my team top left and kill feed bottom left). I like some of the sound changes - I reckon the vehicles sound great.... I'm not a fan of the new red zone noises though, they're too loud across too big of an area. I'm also not a fan of the font or map colour change, it seems a bit too washed out. I do like the washed out colour in the mini-map though so maybe it's just a case of adjusting to it. Either way, I can't wait for this to be released to production, the vaulting alone is worth it.

13. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Change your NVIDIA settings to add a pop of colour, makes it much nicer. I used to use Reshade but changed to just tweaking the NVIDIA control panel settings for the game. I noticed when I loaded the test server it looked more washed out, so will see how 1.0 goes and might tweak them a bit more.

Vaulting was fine, it'll change the game for the better. Hopefully just isn't a lot of instances of "why isn't it vaulting" and works smoothly.

The test server ran SOOOOO much better. Instead of 80-100 fps and a bit laggy and stuttery, i was running higher graphics settings, 120+ fps and it was smooth. Good sign!

ALSO: Third person camera has been lowered when prone! Definately can't see as much now which is great, might make the TPP servers a bit less annoying, especially end game people hiding in the grass.

14. kbekus

kbekus Member

yeah the lowering of the camera in 3rd person was quite noticeable - I went prone on a roof with a high lip and couldn't properly see over so this is a good change I think.

15. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Yeah, was too high before.

Also noted that gun is bigger on the screen. Much more in your face feeling.

16. kbekus

kbekus Member

The blurred vision when scoped is also quite a big change which I like... this last patch had a really significant number of changes. I played 1 game each on AS and NA so ping times weren't great and I haven't managed to get my graphics settings duplicated from live so I can't really comment on the smoothness of gameplay.

17. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Yeah, test patch is dope. Except for that font, which is atrocious- it looks like a year 9 student selected it and went "everywhere". Truly amazing how > 1 person at blueballs saw that and didn't go 'yeah, nah'.

18. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

There's a hack / exploit doing the rounds... "Pan-head".. encountered a guy who had his pan held up to his head whilst shooting at me. Plenty of reports of this on Steam discussion. Bullets bounce off pan but do not make a sound.

19. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

Been playing the test server but can only get games on NA, if i select AS or EU it never finds a game

20. AERO

AERO Member

i use kar, have to hit 4 times to kill, i die to kar 1 shot every time :(, got the 15x scope a few games ago.

i find the as server the easiest lol