1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by BuZeR, Mar 18, 2017.

1. kbekus

kbekus Member

:) yeah. I assume it's to reduce load on the server both in terms of computational and network I/O but we've been there and done that and figured that authoritative servers are the only way to go.... Carmack sorted this shit out in Quake years ago. You CANNOT trust a PC client.

2. iinsom

iinsom Member

They added in checks in the past few patches for these, but not everything is bulletproof. (you can check the public hack sites for people saying theyve been banned for scripting) so there is checks in place for bullet placement. The paid scripts are harder to detect because they add randomness to the spray.

Also cant say ive seen a speedhacker in a while, but i havnt played an overall huge amount of games lately, so take that with a grain of salt.

3. scottlah

scottlah Member

Yeah I havnt seen a speedhacker in ages.
    Mainly just the people who headshotting 30+ people a game.

4. MikHail

MikHail Member

Anyone here play competitively, despite it not being eSports Ready ???

If so, what tournaments have you done / going to compete in?

5. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

I nearly smashed all my PC gear cos of this fkn game!!! Came down to me and another guy..had 5 kills under my belt took aim to make the kill shot...GAME CRASHED TO DESKTOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Bourke

Bourke Member

Duuuuuuuuuuude...it's not worth it...I got +250 hr and no wins, thats ok

The outcome of a game is about making the right moves and hoping you were correct in play style, and it seems not having hackers in your game.
    Theres no money or even winners
    You can have 50% win rate, but i'd jus smile and keep walking coz unless we on a LAN with same same, we can never compete fair...I know who I am
    Play to have fun and learn.

7. Hive

Hive Member

Played with a hacker last night. Always better to be on their side than not, got to final 10 and he still managed to get killed.. moron

8. AERO

AERO Member

just got ran over, died about 3 car lengths away from the car, i was going to jump aside then hey im dead already :( have a 30 ping so no idea. just annoying

9. AERO

AERO Member

oh and i only got 32 hours played if that counts

10. Dingostolemyghz

Dingostolemyghz Member

The desync can get really crazy at times. Welcome to PUBG :D

11. AERO

AERO Member

yea, fair enough, just got one tapped by a kar, i hit the same person twice :( with the same weapon :(

played a few games never really got anywhere

12. Hive

Hive Member

Keep at it. Avoid using the KAR unless you have an aiming script.

Never full auto unless point blank, tap them. Use decent attachments, start in a strategic area.

I always go for the prison roof (Like an idiot) It can end very well or very bad, if another team lands up there with you. Once killed 12 people at prison on spawn just because i grabbed the SKS first :) i generally make it to the final 10. Always screwed by the bush campers though...

13. scottlah

scottlah Member

The Kar is amazing why avoid it?
    Quite easy to destroy people with a 4 or 8x, hell I even use it with a red dot its so damn accurate.

14. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Always get the KAR. I shot HS on Level 1 and 2 Helmets. So good!

15. sween64

sween64 Member

Just played my first few games yesterday. I can see myself playing a lot of this. Hit me up on steam if you wanna squad up. I usually play between 2pm and 6pm AEST midweek; all due to my shift work. I get a chance occasionally to play during nights and weekends.

My Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/sween64/

16. MikHail

MikHail Member

17. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

New hacks have been released and as a result the number of hackers back at it have risen by a lot. Played around 7 or 8 games tonight and all but one had at least one obvious hacker in it. The full auto from 300m sort being the most prevalent.

18. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Joy.

There is a Aim.exe type hacker in every game I get in at the moment. Not over stating that either. If I do make it to last 5-10, it becomes more about identifying where they are (watching kill feed in relation to hearing where the shots are from) and ensuring I'm protected from that angle. And just hope they get killed before I do. If not, its just accepting 2nd or 3rd place.

Can't wait for update, needs to stop. Blocking non-AU / NZ IP and kicking higher pings would be a good start...

19. Bourke

Bourke Member

My weekly matches, played 2....Solo AS....30th n 3rd, got a good loadout but had no range, someone got a crate and hunted me down as I scrambled across the mountain side to make the circle.
    2nd, did the same thing, landed same place and had no one around me, then travelled in and listening for shots, had to make a run, got a lawnmower(buggy), flat stick into 4th circle and no one looked for me..\/_O
    Creeped into 3rd around a rock and dude jus there...bang bang 3rd...watever.

20. PMack_525

PMack_525 Member

Only started playing about 3-4 weeks ago. Jumping in and trying to learn while you have hackers/cheats throughout every game f#$@ing suck (3rd game I played, i came 3rd after a guy shot me through 2 walls of a building). But the past week i've been pretty lucky and haven't dealt with any. Makes it more enjoyable and easier to learn from my mistakes when they are actually my mistakes. Have only had 1 chicken dinner but that was also my best game I played with 5 kills. Often end up through to top 10-15 due to strategy etc. but often make mistakes that get me killed. Been awesome fun though.

Edit: Bugs, crashes etc. are to be expected. I really don't care enough when they happen. It's all well known so I went into the game knowing they're there and they happen. Makes it less of a pain (only slightly) when they come up.