PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by BuZeR, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Ogre

Ogre Member

Servers can go down mid game and people drop, they are working on server side networking stuff at the moment, but they have given no ETA.

Also the stats are broken down by region and game type. I am pretty sure just like the server selection, stats default to Asia.

Bandages and First aid kits only work if you have less that 75% health, otherwise they do nothing.

You need energy drinks or pain killers to heal the last 25%

There is also a Med kit which heals you completely.

2. AERO

AERO Member

yea i had used an energy drink and a medkit, and i realise its a early access, think they can go places with it :)

3. ZXR

ZXR Member

Just ran myself over again crossing the bridge between the mainland and the airbase. That's about the 5th time I've managed to run myself over being too quick to exit the car.

5 stars. Would run over myself again. :p

As above, I've had a few timeout issues, but still having a blast with this game.

4. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

I believe this is indicated by the white health bar turning red after going lower than 75%.

5. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

I really wish people would play within the spirit of the game and not resort to cheating to get a win (not hacking, cheating).

Just played a great duo game up until the end when there was 6 alive, we were hiding and saw 2 people at the top of the hill, then a 3rd came over the hill and we are waiting for the fighting to start so we can take advantage but no nothing happened. Than a 4th came over the hill and what do you know its 2 duo's clearly working together to get a massive advantage. As far as i am concerned it's as blatant a form of cheating as you can get before you resort to hacks.

I have no problems losing the game, but that just plain ruins it, it is really sad that some people resort to this because winning and stats are so important and they clearly don't have the skill to win a squad match.

6. Dr1fty

Dr1fty Member

Just had a game now..

Got the crate early with an AWM and 8x scope.. w00t..

Found the circle to centering on me so just sat still on a hill and picked off ppl.. lol

Couple made it to the hill and came up... To meet my friend Mr Shottie.. They so kindly delivered med's to me too.. Nice guys they were. lol

:D

7. xHardz

xHardz Member

Held off for a while keeping an eye on how the game was progressing. Finally picked it up on Wednesday with a couple of mates.

Having a blast, and the latest patch seemed to smooth things up a fair bit across our 3 systems.

Having 3 for a squad leaves us a little short in some firefights but its so exciting running into another squad. We have come 2nd/3rd a few times, but one of the guys was having weird lockup issues and has had some untimely locks that wreck us.

Picked up my first win in solo, took about 11 games to get a feel for it and secure a victory. Only a 5 kill win but super tense for the last 10 people.

14hrs played and I'd say I already got my moneys worth haha.

8. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

I haven't seen this yet, but its a bannable offence AFAIK.

9. akromatic

akromatic Member

sorry i dont understand whats wrong or cheating with this.... clearly they arnt using 3rd party hacks or cheats. impromptu co-op can happen and that is life.

i dont see whats wrong with a bunch of people co-op to wipe out the competition before they have a private show down. if you dont like it then get some people to band together. you arnt going to make friends by sticking with the generic mentality of killing everyone on sight.

mind you i dont do this myself and i mostly drop in squad even as a solo player. i just like losing and to see how far i can go before losing.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  10. Ogre

Ogre Member

The game is about killing everyone, that is literally the only objective.

11. akromatic

akromatic Member

no, the game is about surviving as the last player.

and it doesnt mean that the final "team" isnt going to kill each other. they game would force it till the last team/player remains

12. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

It is a game and not life... It is against the rules and they have continuosly stated it is a bannable offence. Hence it is cheating.+

Cheat - act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.

They are doing something against the rules that provides a massive advantage over other teams. Cheating.

What does making friends have to do with it? This actually makes no sense you are saying people should abandon the very purpose of the game to make friends, just wow :rolleyes:

If you play the game to lose that's fine and that is your choice, i play to do the best i can while having fun and i dont have a problem with not winning, however there is no fun in the game when you are against a group of players breaking the rules and the definition of that game mode to gain a massive advantage over other teams.

13. Ogre

Ogre Member

Exactly, you must kill to win

14. akromatic

akromatic Member

guess we all have different objectives then.

if the goal is to win then banding together and surviving as the last player is an obvious choice. shooting everyone on sight is a sure way to lose to game.

best to mop up someone's else mess then to initiate it and let the passer byers clean you guys up.

im actually having more fun by trying to survive as as long as i can with no item pick up. got to last 3 players while enjoying to view of morons wiping each other out.

honestly there is no rules for not killing each other on sight and by banding you still have the option to back stab. if anything shooting your own squad should be bannable.

i'd love to try winning a match solo with no kills, just by forcing players out of zone.

15. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

It's a different form of cheating, being a dog pretty much. Sure, no third party hacks for no damage or aimbots. Whether it's aimbot or simply teaming up when clearly there's a separate mode for that, affects the game that puts every other player in a disadvantage no matter how big or small the impact is. Anyway this happens all the time in games. I've seen this shit happen on The Division. Might be funny at first when 75% of the server session actually group up, but it gets pretty stupid pretty quickly.

Got close to buying this game I'm very much on edge, but decided to wait for more updates for better optimisation.

16. sparz14

sparz14 Member

Why wait? Im running a 5 year old pc with a rx 480 and I'm not whinging about stutter. It's seems quite CPU based and I wouldn't say lack of optimisation has gotten me killed... have you read the specs of your own pc lately? lol

17. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

Isn't that the whole point of having zones though? So you can't 'camp to win'?

18. roamin

roamin Member

this makes no sense to me as you dont own it so how can you say it needs more optimisation?

personally i get a lag spike when i open my inventory but this is a rare case and not common for others at all, besides that the game runs great. when i have 20 friends on steam and 15 are playing battlegrounds thats telling me theres no need to be waiting for optimisations.

its a great game and trust me, you dont need to be waiting for optimisation in order to play the shit out of this. its awesome when you get a team together.

boys i normally play with have gone off on a cock rubbing duo session but then again they are number 1 and 2 on the leaderboards for australian duo servers. there smashing it. nutshot and shizweak. check nutshots stream out, he plays every night and streams it every night too.

https://www.twitch.tv/nutshot_au

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  19. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

People are different. It's easy to speculate how a game will run by just watching performance benchmarks people are putting up. Sure they are not all 100% since professional benchers will have a much cleaner PC and less garbage running in the background. All that aside, for Ultra @ 1440P for a 1080Ti (Only comparable card I can see posted) this still dips < 60fps (I've seen it as low as 40s) . But in essence mate, horses for courses. Some people don't have to tolerate low settings with washed out objects, sharp corners to get 60fps to enjoy a game, they are used to it. I used to be that guy.

Anyway, I don't mind waiting. :thumbup:

See above. Are you running AA and Ultra? Come back to me when you do and show me what average frames you're getting.

20. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

You'll want to put this game on low anyway... I run a TI and have this set to low, why? Because it makes it easier to see people :thumbup: lol... the only thing I really leave turned up is the draw distance.

This being said. The game still stutters every now and then, it's definitely not polished - but it's still pretty fun.