PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by BuZeR, Mar 18, 2017.

1. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

PlayerUnkown's Battlegrounds

There is a guide for the settings, he records and shows each setting change. I believe in summary it was shadows and foliage that were set to low, everything else maxed out. And the patch increased lowest foliage to low now to put everyone on an equal playing field. And the low riggers complaining I bet they took the fps hit the most.

Edit: Is there an ETA on this game going gold? Or is it one of those games stuck in early access forever?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  2. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

Yeah most likely, but you don't buy this game for it's looks lol.

3. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I am with you, if my $1000 video card hits 40fps and it doesn't look amazingly next-gen I wont be happy.. BF1 looks so good and I get 120+ solid @ 1440p

Keeping close eye on it, but ill need some more optimisation.

4. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

5. jowjeh

jowjeh Member

I play this game on the lowest settings and i have 2 980TI's.

I just run view distance ultra.

I'd be happy if graphics were better sure, but i just don't care. This game is fu****g amazing. I was skeptical before i bought it a week ago, now I can't stop playing. fantastic.

6. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Yeah, this game is very competitive. No point in turning up the gfx. I use 1070 on 1440p, everything very low except textures on medium and draw on ultra.

Runs fine for me, mostly 60+ fps; sometimes dips in specific places but its alpha so to be expected.

Every patch seems to make it smoother.

7. josh_676

josh_676 Member

Really enjoying this game!

8. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah does look fun, but problem for me is I cant even handle 60fps so 40fps will make me rage haha..

id happily run it on lowest settings if it means 100+ fps

9. jowjeh

jowjeh Member

I'll find out how it runs on 2560x1440 tonight on low settings. If i get the full 165hz i'll be rapped! Just bought a new screen!

10. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

PlayerUnkown's Battlegrounds

LOL WTF I thought you couldn't get out of vehicles unless you've come to a full stop. That's funny AF.

Edit: I'll link the vid of someone playing this ok 4K with an XP (same as my card) and was hitting 60fps. I'll need to look at it again as that's pretty good, I need to check this wasn't a super early build or something.

11. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

Yeah you can get out of cars that are going, but you usually die or get hurt pretty badly lol.

Edit: what are you guys using to see your FPS, FRAPS? Might check mine tonight.

12. Dingostolemyghz

Dingostolemyghz Member

Watching different twitch streamers, everybody seems to run different settings. Prior to the monthly patch, you needed to have foliage on very low to get the most advantage, but that doesn't really matter so much anymore. Although everything set to prettiest will still make people harder to see.

I currently run Ultra textures, High view distance, Med everything else.
    7700k, GTX1080, 1440p rog swift

As far as I can tell changing graphics settings doesn't seem to make too much difference to performance currently, i think most fps issues aren't gpu related. I will get 70 or better fps across 95% of the map, but when the fps do drop to around 60, it gets fairly stuttery. I will probably play around with view distance next to see how that affects things.

In 4 weeks since early access, it's already had more improvements than dayZ standalone received in 6 months. If there's hope for any early access game, it'd be this one. Weekly client patches, monthly content patches, and server patching happening all the time. https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/news/66.pu

A big open world, with shit everywhere, you'll never get a battlefield experience. Monthly patch improved performance heaps, hang in there ;)

13. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds | Titan X Pascal | 3440x1440 | Acer Predator x34 | 60FPS

He's got a 6950K though.

14. sparz14

sparz14 Member

Well they have said their plan is 6 months till the full release.... which then they'll probably bump the price up. I wouldn't say you would buy the game for the graphics. Even maxed out it's not that pretty... You'd be playing Star Citizen or the like for that kinda wank factor

15. aokman

aokman Member

I dont understand how anyone with a high end setup is having issues... Im using a single Titan XP with a 6700K and never had any FPS dips.

16. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

because the game isn't optimized... It's not very pretty and yet only yields 70fps? I get more on BF1 which is way better graphically lol.

17. aokman

aokman Member

LOL BF1 is not remotely comparable when it comes to map sizes etc, there is a lot more going on in this game with persistent items etc compared to relatively simple point and shoot games.

Nothing says the engine they are using is even ideal for the what they are doing with it but ARMA was equally as demanding and much easier to hack

18. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

You said you don't get how anyone is having issues with a high end set up.

I'll put it as simply as I can in 3 words.

Lack of Optimization.

BF1 might have been a bad example, so how's GTA5 then?

19. aokman

aokman Member

Then why am I not having issues? I just just jump in and play, I can understand people having issues with medium and lower end setups but high end should be fine.

20. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

I'm not having any MAJOR issues on my end either. 4k with screen scale down to 85, everything low, except for textures and view distance on ultra. 120+fps on the regular.

My only issue with the game atm... is lag is hardcore bad when playing in WA.

Quite a few times i'm having to empty entire clips of the pump action shotty into people as it registers as a hit on my end (eg blood splatters and shit), and on the server end, not a hit (eg hitting team mate accidentally, and they survived with NO damage what so ever, purely down to lag).