1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by BuZeR, Mar 18, 2017.

1. MikHail

MikHail Member

2. Bourke

Bourke Member

I mean yeah, but wheres the server being hosted..??
    I'll throw bones on a 450ms ping wifi, thats to EU servers, WA to east coast is like 280-320ms and UP is like 700mb if lucky

or I could jus write my stats now, top 10... 10/15 rounds...no wins....12 kills:tongue::tongue::tongue:
    AND...is it gonna be streamed.??

RENEGADE-you got stuck after updates, I got stuck in the before time trying to crouch duck/walk through one of those half cut wire fences, it dipped and I got stuck and had to bail

3. the_pessimist

the_pessimist Member

Had a team mate get stuck in the wall at Pecado as well as an enemy disappearing into the wall only to reappear 10 seconds later lol.
    There are also invisible walls entering some of the doors in a few places(have to crouch to get through) in Los Leons

edit: the wait times at this time are just ridiculous for FPP
    edit2: couldnt find a game FPP so played TPP in FPP died to a cheater like usual sighh

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  4. hijukal

hijukal Member

I've found the wait times this past week on OC for FPP aren't too bad, but mostly play squad or duo. How long are you waiting before giving up?

5. GTR27

GTR27 Member

Agreed. AWM is a MACHINE. I also like the para (big machinegun is it the M249?)

I find getting to top 10 is easy, I seem to get 1-2kills consistently getting there, but struggling to convert. I'm top 5 probably every 4-5 games and still cant convert. I'm getting better and getting more kills per game, which is currently my focus to help me convert more often. I seem to play with two mindsets. Proper tactical/strategic mindset which pretty much guarantees me top 10 every time, and mucking around with mates, which seems to also guarantee me regular top 10's, even when we are being complete dickheads driving around, making shitloads of noise and running across open fields like dickheads.

EDIT: This must sound so noob, but the UMP is one of my fav weapons. Maxxed out its crazy easy to get kills with

6. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

I win every 4th game with 8 to 10 kills.

Or die between 11 and 40 or so with 2 to 5 kills.

7. Nastyboy

Nastyboy Member

Played solo TPP last night and got teamed by the same pair twice in one night.

8. the_pessimist

the_pessimist Member

At least 5-10 mins, It just searches and never finds a game (i play squad/1mansquad). I click TPP and its instant. This is only during the mornings though, afternoons when i play with a few mates its fine (they don't like FPP but I'm slowly converting them)

Yeah it happens unfortunately. People generally do anything to win, having fun is somehow secondary.

9. hijukal

hijukal Member

Weird. I've not noticed it take more than a minute or two usually, but maybe I play mostly at peak times. That said, TPP is always instant. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually remove some of the FPP modes in OC because they aren't used enough.

10. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

didnt go out for NYE, decided to try a cpl rounds.. 3 FPP solo's 3 lame deaths.. some guy camping a vehicle on edge of circle argh.. so much looting to then die so trivially is annoying at times.

No hackers killed me at least, all seemed legit.

11. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Played 5 games.

Not one game I got through without being interrupted by something :( Twice in top 10, interrupted, look away, look back, dead !

12. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Speaking of.. I was tripping balls when 12am fireworks were going off.. Haha

13. AERO

AERO Member

man the games kinda changed, first few game think i went through about 6 houses no backpack or weapon, wtc withthe spawns of that, had a few games i died early, then latest i got top 4 :), hit the enemy shooting me few times but the kar finished me off. looks totally different graphically i reckon since i played a month ago. kinda like it and its more stable i reckon. only played new map once in 6 games

Hive likes this.
  14. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

Cannot stand playing Miramar anymore, takes about 6 or 7 lobbies until you get erangel

15. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Def isn't 50%...

At best seems like I'm getting Erangel 25% of the time.

16. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

apart from playing like shit tonight I was getting some sort of what I assume is lag spike.. Game freezes as if lag but discord also drops out.. then discord returns but game doesnt unfreeze so need to quit out and reconnect.. with iiNet annoying!

17. AERO

AERO Member

i played a few games, got a 15th and a 4th, but ended up switching to dark souls 3 at about 11. so got about an hour in, started a new toon and wanted to see if i can play through with 0 magic. :)

18. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Been tempted to get this but steam reviews are concerning. How bad are the ‘chinese hacker’ and lag problems (assuming it’s not your own connection)?

Is it rare, or like every second game ?

19. the_pessimist

the_pessimist Member

It is incredibly bad in third person, Since moving to first person I've come across only 1 but they do exist.
    The servers totally suck, Have some pretty bad lag during peak times as well as the occasional lag spike here and there.
    Tick rate is incredibly low for a FPS game and i think this is compounding the issue.

20. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Its the best gaming experience in a long time.

Just buy it.

Gets better every patch (overall)