1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by BuZeR, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Nastyboy

Nastyboy Member

Pretty sure I got 2 kills with 1 shot last night. Crouching in the hills and 2 guys in a jeep pulled up behind a ridge with just their heads showing over the top, in line with me. I fired 1 AKM round at the passenger and they both died from headshot. Is that possible? Can rounds hit and pass through?

2. MikHail

MikHail Member

^Check the replay, slow it down to see what happend

3. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

would be pretty sweet if that's what happened

4. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

If you come across SCHOOL_BOMBER don't waste your time. Standing in the opening hip firing everyone with an M16.

Edit: Just a quick example from that game replay showing how obvious this idiot is. I have more but its late.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  5. quade00

quade00 Member

This game is so riddled with hackers it is barely worth playing. I would say 2 out of 5 deaths are too hackers based on my weekends experience. The death cam now makes it so bloody obvious

6. king3o0o

king3o0o Member

because the game is new and popular unfortunately it will be hacker's galore. personally hasn't seen many hackers myself (being killed ) but seen quiet a few via the kill counter (on the top right). just like most popular games, cs & dota etc. eventually the developer should get right on top of it and hopefully it stops.

7. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Stop playing TPP.

They aren't in FPP.

MikHail and walker_2003 like this.
  8. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

That game was FPP. I will admit they are much less frequent but it does happen.

9. scottlah

scottlah Member

I got cheated by school bomber last night also lol
    was in FPP

10. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Yet to encounter one in FPP thankfully.

They are in every TPP game I've been in since release.

Fingers crossed a fix soon...

11. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Game isn't that new, was in early access for a while. Its prevalent in this game because winning more = more $. Developers are loving it, these hackers just keep re-buying the game as it is still making them money.

To remove 90% of hackers (mostly chinese doing it as a means to make a living) all they need to do is remove monetisation of crates and crate items, or at least tweak them.

I think you would remove a large percent of hackers if crates were dropped randomly not on time played/how well you played. But then it would be bit boring for the legitimate players.

They should be using their millions and influence with steam given they are #1 to push for new anti-cheats working with steam such as hardware ID bans or something. But why would they? some hackers have probably spent $500+ on copies of the game.

For some reason FPP has far less cheaters, would think they would go FPP because they don't need the TPP view for advantage when they can see through walls/autoaim, but perhaps some hacks just do a better job in TPP or they target it as is more players.

TPP should be removed, its such a stupid mode where whoever is behind cover has massive advantage.

12. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

Whats your in game name? Because of the 1km radius i only have end game footage.

13. scottlah

scottlah Member

its scottay44

14. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

There is a good post on reddit from a e-security guy about the cheating in PUBG, challenges they have, why more in TPP etc.

15. king3o0o

king3o0o Member

its pretty new. i compared the game to CS and dota.. and even in alpha/beta the game is half complete and now at recent launch still ironing out stuff and trying to get rid/punish hackers/cheaters is still part of that ironing out process. so i'll say again the game is still pretty new.

the game started with TPP, and majority still plays in TPP.. player behind cover have advantage is true but also true that advantage applies to all player. but from memory tourney's are only held in FPP ?

dont ask for one mode to be taken off just because you dont like it. you have the choice to play in FPP. why take other people's preference away ?

16. scottlah

scottlah Member

The easiest way to fix this issue is to region lock the cdkeys.
    Force all the Chinese BP farmers to play against eachother on their own server and then they will stop doing it because if everyones cheating then they will get fk all BP.

walker_2003 likes this.
  17. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

TPP is a whole game mode that generates really shitty play and it segments people which isn't great in OCE because we don't have a huge amount of players relative to other regions. They should have *never* made it TPP, it's boxed them in now.

walker_2003 likes this.
  18. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

For me its like have autoaim built in.. but they then release a mode where autoaim isn't built in. Doesn't mean the first mode should stay just because people prefer autoaim. And see below, it creates a split and is a risk to OCE region. But now that some people love it so much if its removed, they will stop playing. It shouldn't have existed in first place.

Nail on the head :thumbup:

Got link?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  19. scottlah

scottlah Member

That's the worst logic ever, just let people play whatever they want. I used to really enjoy TPP and now play FPP.
    Just because you think its better doesn't mean everyone else does.
    TPP is probably easier for people to learn the game because they have more vision and moving around doesn't feel as clunky.

20. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

for me its more about the segmentation of players, first big game I've seen do it (at least in a while). And that TPP gives advantage to campers and encourages it.

But yes you are right, there is lots of love for TPP which is a shame, if FPP OCE disappears, that will be me (and I suspect a fair few people) done. TPP is more noob friendly though and generally preferred by the lower skilled people due to sense of safety granted by seeing an enemy who cant see you and planning attack accordingly (and unfairly).

MikHail and scottlah like this.