PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by BuZeR, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

TPP. Were the final 10 lay in the grass waiting for the others to get zone fucked.

tunksy and walker_2003 like this.
  2. scottlah

scottlah Member

I doubt FPP oce is going anywhere. Everytime I queue to play its always straight away no matter what time of the day lol

walker_2003 likes this.
  3. quade00

quade00 Member

Just watched Maru0001 snipe 3 people with headshots from ~1km away. Think TPP is a waste of time currently.

4. the_pessimist

the_pessimist Member

Not even attempting to hide it thats a first for FPP. I've come across 3-4 now having played a lot of games in FFP, its substantially better then the TPP hit rate though.

They are, just no where near as frequent.

As for the TPP vs FPP i agree i think its much easier for new players to learn in TPP and then move into FPP so it should stay, persoanlly i love playing aggressive so having campers at less of an advantage is great from my POV. My only gripe with FPP is that the view seems to come from the chest rather then the head... If they fixed that it would be great.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    walker_2003 likes this.
  5. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

The thing with TPP is that it removes a lot of tactics from the game and introduces stupid exploity ones, so you replace coordinated flanks with proning on back of a crest and using the camera to whore people on the other side.

The way I see it there are 2 reasons for TPP :

- ARMA has TPP, PlayerUnknown did ARMA mods, wanted something similar to that experience
    - make game more noob friendly

For me, personally, these are both pretty shitty reasons when you look at them in the context of the developer/publisher pushing an eSports/competitive angle.

walker_2003 likes this.
  6. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Rating of 1907 would've got me top 10 not long ago.

They are all over 2000 now :S

Puts me at #30 in OC FPP Solo

Click to view full size!

walker_2003 likes this.
  7. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

3rd that round, up to #27 :p

Can't imagine trying to stay highly ranked, too much pressure on each game. One shocker and it undoes like 5 good rounds.

8. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

You are trying, obsessed even haha.. just play and ignore the stats man or itl become a chore more then fun.

9. iinsom

iinsom Member

I was at a stage where i had to get top 4 with 3+ kills or else id lose points, its not fun at that stage because you're ignoring battles to try and rank tank.

walker_2003 likes this.
  10. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

I'm only trying until I start going backwards.

But it's only in Solo FPP. Once I start deranking I'll go back to trying for that 20kill game :p

Played a 1-man in Squad FPP, plane went over Pecado. Ended 3 squads and crippled another before getting downed. Good fun ruining peoples squad games :p

walker_2003 likes this.
  11. Bourke

Bourke Member

I played 10 matches straight in a day and went ranked 980 to 371 FPP AS SOLO 1,700, 40% top ten and that's with LANDING ANYWHERE

Didn't play 2 days and it went to rank 398, making top 100 not hard jus need to grind matches, but I barely care.

Who ever has the fastest internets and bunny hops the most wins..:p

12. remlableinad

remlableinad Member

Finally got my 1st Solo Chicken dinner last night. VSS'd a dude throwing such accurate nades. If i hadn't killed him the last visible nade would have killed me.

13. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

I was in a game with my son in duo, crate dropped close by, I took his Kar and he took the AWM from the crate, we went to a nearby warehouse to loot .... his game crashed and two guys rushed us ....

Is there anything specific that causes PUBG to crash? I ran Prime for 12 hours on his rig chasing a ram issue, I could have sworn it was licked but game stress is different again ...

:(

14. Ogre

Ogre Member

Run memtest for a ram issue

Synthetic benchmarks don't really test stability for gaming.

After looking into some of my crashes, one post recommended installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redist (LINK) it seems to have done the trick so far

You can also check event viewer logs (or blue screen dumps) to try narrow down your issue.

15. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Nah he isnt getting a blue screen, just the game crashes to desktop. I thought it was heat related so have done some work there but cpu was only at 50c when it crashed. I have changed rams recently but it did it with the other ram too.

16. Bourke

Bourke Member

AUSSIE PUBG is notorious for random crashes, I have maybe 1 in 50 matches and it's usually server side and not my fault, which is either crash to desktop or frozen game.

I've seen brand new a streamers +6K WIN10 pc crash often, you gonna have to monitor everything and find a fault somewhere.
    I'd try to leave open MSI AF and Resource Management Graphs while he games and see if it shows anything.

My guess is you are hitting max RAM or Physical Memory(which is jus bad scheduling on the game saide of things) and CPU has a panic attack

17. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

I suspected ram too as it had a single 8GB stick, it now has 2x8GB sticks and still does it. He played for a few hours straight last night and it crashed 3 times.

18. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

It doesnt help when you are killed but you know you can reload game and rejoin match.. (your guy just stands there waiting for you, or sometimes running oblivously)

19. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

arghhh got 4th.. saw a dude lined him up first shot missed, but woulda got him EASY after he took lots to kill me.. FORGOT TO RELOAD SKS FROM PREVIOUS BATTLE

nooooooooooooooooooob

20. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

New Patch 6.2GB - Update news on Steam

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018