Playstation 3 Game Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by msman, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

US PSN store having a $0.99 flash sale this weekend, lots of games for sale. If you create a US PSN account and dumps funds on it, worth the effort. All the games below are $0.99 :thumbup:

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/04/18/braid-tokyo-jungle-and-more-cost-1-in-ps-store-flash-sale

2. Mau1wurf1977

Mau1wurf1977 (Banned or Deleted)

Anyone got R-Type? It's a retro game touched up. Worth getting?

3. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

Where can I get last of us cheap? Feel it's about ready to try it out and it should have dropped a lot by now?

Also keen on trying out the metal gear solid 5 'retail demo' - looks like a fun couple of hours.

4. power

power Member

the forums, tlou comes up here all the time.

5. stitch512

stitch512 Member

I had forgotten just how terrible the PS3 can really be. I have been playing the God of War collection on the Vita and have decided to finish them on the PS3. Tried to download them on Wifi but was only downloading at maybe 100-200kb/sec, the PS3 being the only device in the house that struggles to get speed from the Wifi. Through the LAN it managed 2mb/sec so thats at least ok. But GoW2 has now been installing for over 30mins and is only at 60%.

I have been thinking about getting The last of us again but its still $90 on the PSN store and $99 at EB which is just pathetic. I will just wait until the PS4 version hits and buy a PS3 copy mega cheap lol.

One thing that is really awesome though is that the GoW collection is crossbuy. Really good value.

6. EuroSlave

EuroSlave Member

Picked up Metal gear legacy today. Seems everywhere is out of stock heh.

Not sure why mgs1+bonus stuff isn't included on the disk? It's not even a HD version? is it...Is there an actual reason for this? Downloads go so slowly over PSN ffs.

It's a shame they didn't include PO and the acid games.

Apart from that i've been playing the HD sly cooper trilogy and now onto sly 4. Although they are kids games they are gr8. Actually trying to get 100 percent in sly4 seems quite the challenge compared to the last 3 games.

7. stitch512

stitch512 Member

Been playing through God of War 3 today. I still think it is the best looking game I have ever played, even on the newer consoles. I hate Kratos though, he is just a complete arsehole.

8. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

I just got the hd collection and started playing mgs3.

My feelings are mixed having never played MSG games before. The controls are so painful but the story is interesting... Albeit a bit crazy. Also had to put the difficulty on normal as i was having no fun battling the controls while guards owned me constantly...

9. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

finally decided to put in gran turismo 6 into my PS3 after getting it late LAST year lol...never had interest to play it till now - something to keep me busy till fifa on PS4 lol

downloading 11 updates hahaha- good thing i'm on cable with ethernet plugged in..wifi would take forever

10. FoBZY

FoBZY Member

its pretty good, I still fire it up occasionally. My 60gb ps3 is just so loud and takes forever to update and load, its kind of put me off

11. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

its still going lol

installing all these updates takes forever lol

12. TomJ

TomJ Member

There was an update to GT6 last night with the FT-1 plus FT-1 vision car and a NISMO GT-R, also a quick race option and a new festival race.

I think I earned about 4-5 million in a few days of playing GT6. Gold the Senna Challenges to earn the most credits.

On a side note, I just ordered Beyond 2 Souls and Batman: AC for $41.49 delivered from ozgameshop. I need to stop now and forcus on a PS4....

13. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

bye bye PSN Home....you won't be missed!

14. li21

li21 Member

Late to the conversation.. Is this that psn virtual world you're talking about? Why bye bye? Is it gone?

15. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

yes, sony is shutting it down!

16. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Question. I don't know much about ps3. I saw that Persona 4 arena 2 came out in US today and I want to get my hands on it. Are PS3 games region locked? If not where is best place to import from?

17. Bass

Bass Member

PS3 games are region free, meaning you can grab it from the US no worries. I usually use gamecafe.com.au to find a good price but it seems to be down atm. Not sure if that's a recent thing, last game I bought was when FFX-HD came out.

18. HyRax1

HyRax1 ¡Viva la Resolutión!

...however DLC is NOT region-free. If you buy a US game and then buy DLC for it from a non-US store, it will NOT appear in that game unless you have the version of that game from the same region you bought the DLC in.

Beyond that, you can play anything from anywhere.

19. richard0296

richard0296 Member

just recently finished FFX HD

now to start on kingdom hearts 2 remake :)

oh.. so 358/2 days isn't KH2? that's a bit disappointing

looks like the next HD remake is out in December and will be the next time i switch on the PS3 :(

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  20. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Flash sale now on in the US PS Store. Some fantastic deals here, charge up your US account and/or create one if you dont have one :thumbup: