Playstation 3 Trophy Thread | Trophy Whores Apply Within!

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by The Beast, Aug 5, 2008.

1. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

yeh you need to play the games - AI goals dont count

only the first player/main player's goals count.....

2. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

I'm working on it now, having put in a lot of hours over both weekend days. 22 hours game time total so far (for 70% missions and 11% freeplay), and a good 900+ free play targets to take down around Paris still to do... So yeah, a good slog left in it for me. :(

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  3. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

ahh the free plays......nothing you can do but grind grind grind lol

4. FRaNTiC

FRaNTiC Member

Perhaps I should play the Saboteur next? 46 hour seems easy after the pain i'm enduring...

Only four more trophies to go! :upset:

5. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

46hours for a platinum is nothing, compared to the estimated 50hours I need to grind for 1 gold trophy in AFL lol - at least there is a glitch in the game where the AI take over for you and you dont need to "play"
    , but the win/loss record remains

6. FRaNTiC

FRaNTiC Member

I'll give you a sum total of hours once I platinum Dynasty Warriors 7. PS3T.org says 75+ hours at least and i'm down to grinding each of the 60 characters attributes and 'bonding' with every single one as well.

I think I can see the end, but it's painful, painful end... :(

7. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

I don't know how long it took me to get my bit of pure bladestone in Demon's Souls but god it was boring killing the one same skeleton over and over again.

8. simboes

simboes Member

Sif not just finish the game multiple times instead? Only really have 'grinded' as such in Force Unleashed, because it pretty much is necessary.

9. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

I finished it about 4-5 times if I recall tallying up over 100 hours. It was just the chunk of pure bladestone for crafting 1 item that took a while since there were few reliable enemies that even had a decent chance of dropping it. I spent few weeks at may a couple of hours a day trying to get it. The GF was getting very annoyed by the end.

EDIT: I would just consider myself unlucky as some people got it very quickly.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  10. emblurr

emblurr Member

hmmm might have to borrow that pure bladestone off you sometime Psycho before they shut the servers down.

11. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

It got used sadly, had to craft an item with it.

12. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

Can anyone recommend a site to check which trophies ive earnt

I used to be able to do it via the http://ps3trophycard.com/ site, which of course is no longer working

Is there a good replacement for this ?

13. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Yourgamercards for PS3 based one that's pretty cool, and Playfire for a site that tracks your PC/PS3/X360 gaming.

ie:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

my mate has asked if there is a site which tracks both your XBOX360 achievements and PS3 trophies and adds them together?

is that even possible?

15. simboes

simboes Member

16. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Check playfire out a bit more perhaps? I only have a PS3 card displayed, but their website tracks your ps3/x360/steam/xfire achievements, so maybe they have more cards/combined one.

17. FRaNTiC

FRaNTiC Member

Holy shit.

Just platinumed Dynasty Warriors 7. I don't think I ever want to play that game again...

At one stage, my heart almost sank as I thought I was finished but the trophy didn't click over! I checked the Gallery to make sure everyone was 100% and indeed it was! All that time for nothing!

After about 30mins research online, it turns out that the indicator is some of what of glitch and after looking through each individual character (approx. 60) I found out that I still had four more left to grind!

So about another hour of mindless grinding, i finally achieved that which only 560+ could be bother doing! :lol:

Level 13 baby! Onward to Demon's Souls! Painful as shit when you die but very fun and rewarding!

and then maybe LA Noire :p

18. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

congratz, thats one hell of a game to plat.

I"m grinding AFL Live 2011, need to get to 5000 goals before the grand final in september :)..only 4000 goals to go lol

19. FRaNTiC

FRaNTiC Member

Thanks mate. I'm sure you know that the platinum taste so much sweeter the rarer it is!

Good luck with your grind. You probably already know most of this but just in case...

I find it helps if try and mix up the matches so you're not always playing the quickest and most efficient as that tends to get boring quickly.
    Also stick with quick games here and there rather than sessions. It does take longer obviously but i found with myself sitting down just grinding made me not want to play ANY game :p

20. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

Yep, i'm doing that.

Each day, i'm playing a short match and getting as many goals as i can in 20min.

i'd rather play a match that takes 20min, rather than a match that takes me 2hrs