Playstation 3 Trophy Thread | Trophy Whores Apply Within!

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by The Beast, Aug 5, 2008.

1. emblurr

emblurr Member

I've got that Psycho, can help you.

2. -Rift-

-Rift- Member

Anyone playing TTT2? Might be impossible to platinum because the Ranked Match system is even worse than in T6.

3. simboes

simboes Member

No idea what game you are referring to :p

4. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

TTT2 = tekken teag tournament 2
    T6 = tekken 6

5. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

this BBE run sucks for mgs4..so frustrating, even at this red zone area before you get everything back...god the PMC can hear EVERYTHING damnit lol

taking me hours just to get around this area i think

edit 1 - 3 hours of frustration and reloading just to beat the red zone and get my previous weapons back ROFL

edit: psycho - how long was the whole BBE run for you? you said act1 took you 44min right? i've seen someone's speedrun and someone else's normal run and hoping a combination of the 2 runs will get me close to your 44min so i will know i'm on track

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  6. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

It was about 45 minutes for act 1 I think and just over 4 hours over all for the entire thing? Basically you want to aim it at under an hour for each act. You can shave time off things. Like the palace sequence where Akiba shits himself, if you roll into him during it, it stops that part and the Rat team moves on which saves a few minutes. Act 3 you can shave loads of time with the resistance member loading glitch. Act 4 is a cake walk with loads of chaff grenades and it means you can literally run through up to Crying Wolf. Act 5 is also short.

You'll spend most your time on Act 1 + Act 2 (god help you with the beginning of Act 2...).

7. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

i'm happy if its around 4hours or so, main thing is its under 5hours. the speed run i watched on Ps3T, the guy finished act 1 in 20min lol...the normal run the guy finished in 37min.

thanks for that - i didnt know about the Akiba time saving so i'll do that when i get there. i know about the resistance glitch - i've tried it on my other runs and it worked fine, so thats no problem.

gotta check how many chaff grenades i got - i had 8 from previous runs before i started BBE.

and the beginning of act2, didnt you have the South American uniform? supposedly that speeds things up a bit.

8. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

I never tried the uniform as I figured it would still get your spotted but it's not the rebels that are the problems, it's all PMC troopers. The checkpoint I believe is after you get through the village and up the hill and once you get the scripted call from Roy. It's hard because you have to get through the village and up the hill without being spotted. I would frequently get near the hill and do a mad dash to the base of it only to be spotted by guards in the village behind me. Also on the tiered hill you need to stand up to climb a tier which means your camo index plummits and some asshat on a higher tier spots you.

9. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

sounds like its going to be fun - i'll have to follow the speed runner's and see what route they take lol

10. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Not sure where you are with this but do you want to attempt the player trades and the competitive MP modes trophy on Saturday lunch or so?

11. emblurr

emblurr Member

Yeah Saturday should be ok, will let you know if something comes up. I'll have to read up on those ones because I haven't booted up the game yet.

12. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

You may want to tackle a few missions first as I don't think everything is unlocked straight away as the game eases you in.

The competitive multi and the player trade are the easy ones. There is another MP one but that will take a while (as in days) though if you want to work on that one over time I'm happy to do it. Others are also welcome to join too if they want some co-op fun.

EDIT: not sure what your commitment to peace walker is emblurr, it's not an easy platinum due to the volume of work but it can be managed in bite sized chunks due it being a 'portable' game.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  13. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

picked up pro evolution soccer 2013 yexterday, so mgs4 might have to wait.....

14. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

just came back to finish the last bit of act1 on mgs4..when i finished it, it said i used a recovery item...wtf i dont remember using one..

hopefully i can find the save before i used the recovery item..hopefully after the frog fight

shit..it was before the frog fight and i dont have any other previous saves...shit i'm going to have to start again

edit: got back to the frog fight pretty easy, but last time it took me 2hours to finallly finishh it...i'll leave it, i'm not going to try beat it on a sat. night lol - making a new save every single checkpoint this time......

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  15. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Ahh the joy of the BBE run. Makes many saves and often. I got a single kill on the Drebin APC escape because a fuck stood in front of the 50 cal when dealing with the Gecko's. Didn't find out until the end of the act.

Also unequip any recovery item. Syringe doesn'tcount though.

16. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

i;m saving every checkpoint, new save everytime lol. i've unequiped everything, only item i have is the syringe. btw, you can check how many kills etc you have in the middle of the act - just run a mission briefing of your save file if you think u've killed/alerted etc:)

edit 1:act 1 done in 36.30

edit 2:act 2 done in 1:14:40

at laughing octopus, 54min, so hopefully i can take my time, which i might have to coz i'm having trouble even with the railgun lol. i found act2 surprisingly easy if you watch speed runs and follow their techniques. ac

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  17. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Getting there. At your current rate you should have no problem time wise. You've got past the start of act 2 so your only major hurdles are the bike sequence and crying wolf and then it's down hill from there.

Myself I somehow glitched the MP trophy of Peace Walker with the 20k comradarie points. I did the math and I only have 11k so I'm not complaining as it was boring playing MP. I just have grind out missions and S rank them one-by-one.

18. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

yeh i'm up to the bike scene now, once i got the act3, i left MGS4 coz i was tired of it - even with the resistence trick i cbfed playing it lol

up to the 2nd part of the bike scene now, its going to be a pain but i'm detemind to finish BBE :)

19. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

platinum #44 - Pro Evolution Soccer 2013

simple game for me, as I play the PES series religiously every year...4 PES games on PS3, 4 platinums :)

now i can get back to playing online and MGS4

20. simboes

simboes Member

Put in fallout new vegas and played for about an hour or so. waaaay too slow a game lol. Then ratchet and clank - crack in time, was a little better, but kinda boring. No wonder i left these last to platinum. Not going to even bother lol.

My new philosophy is to only play games that are fun on ps3. Good news is that i've now played as much as I can of my game backlog, so only new games that aren't on pc now.

next ps3 games to play till platinum:

Assassin's Creed 3
    Need for speed most wanted
    Little Big Planet Karting