Playstation 4 Pro - November 10 2016 - $AUD559 RRP

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by power, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Member

I traded in my old PS4 and 2 games for the PS4 Pro bundle EB Games has on at the moment for $299. I managed to get the last one in store and people were calling asking if there was any Pro's in stock when I was picking it up.

Seems there's a huge shortage of Pro's at the moment in Australia.

2. azron

azron Member

Went to grab a PS4 pro yesterday and checked with JB, Eb, Target at Doncaster and there was no stock. Apparently they've exceeded sales expectations and a new batch is due mid August. Hopefully they don't gouge on price when they're back in stock.

3. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

Was like that when I got mine a few months ago.

4. Bertross

Bertross Member

Crazy! i got mine about 5 months ago at JB when i bought a new TV. I didnt realise their were shortages.

5. UnCoNoob

UnCoNoob Member

got the last one at EB on monday lucky I rang ahead and got it put aside as was a kid trying to buy one when I turned up but lady said they dont have any I walk up go I am here to pick up PS4 pro and kids mum gave me a filth look when the lady behind the counter handed it over lol.

I was just pure lucky there was a guy from that store at the other store I was at as the lady there said EB has none anywhere, he overheard it and goes well we had 1 this morning at my store, so he rang up and got it put aside.

6. broccoli

broccoli Member

Why is there a rush on them, is there a game out or something?

7. UnCoNoob

UnCoNoob Member

could it be a carry over from AMD not being able to produce enough gpu's?

8. azron

azron Member

Just got a new panel in the study and want to play the 'pro' versions of Last of Us and HZD!

9. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

so my original ps4 is not outputting display first cold boot, then I press power button which puts it to sleep, then i wake it and it posts.. then load uncharted lost legacy takes AGES when you open game, like up to 10-15 mins, sometimes fails and says error remove disc.. I am secretly hoping my ps4 is on a downhill road to death and I can find justification on getting a pro..

Anyone use a PC 4k monitor on their ps4 pro?
    I have a Hisense 70m7000 in loungeroom (4k HDR) but the input lag is a bit crappy.. so I am thinking a PC monitor.. a shame 4k HDR pc monitors arent out, and once they are will be $$$$$$$$ so I guess ill ditch the epic contrast and colors and stick with normal PC 4k monitor, any suggestions on which?

also do you think EB games will do a trade in? or fully test it? (yes I am going to hell)

10. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus Member

Faulty hard drive maybe?

11. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

They have never tested anything I've traded in. They just check all the cables and shit is there.

12. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

true, maybe ill remove it and run some tests

interesting :leet:

13. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

Pretty much this. Brought in a faulty Xbox One & it wasn't an issue to get a new replacement. Also any controllers or cables you leave out or didn't re-pack they will just take from the new system.

14. CordlezToaster

CordlezToaster Member

So whats the best low cost 4k hdr display people are choosing for the ps4 pro?

15. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

I'd say Hisense ULED?

https://hisense.com.au/uled-tv/

16. shmity

shmity Member

I grabbed a 55M7000 earlier this year to go with my Pro, playing Uncharted 4 certainly gave me some movement in the pants.

17. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Recently upgraded my 55" 1080p Samsung and repurposed it for another room. Put a new 65" Sony X85E to replace it, while I was at it, upgraded my yamaha version of receiver and replaced it with an RX-V683. So I can finally utilize my multizone/cabled speakers installed in my alfresco. And also finally hooked my surrounds, so I've got a full DALI set now.

Decided to fire up Uncharted 4 which I've played before. I played the older onn PS3 but barely, never really got into them. But I love TLOU from ND. Anyway, 4k HDR with this display, fuck me dead I've been having late nights on this game.

18. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

you should grab the Nathan Drake Collection - the remaster is great and imo at least the soundtracks of 2 and 3 were better overall.