Playstation classic!!!

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by Drizz06, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Vanne

Vanne Member

Yup, and this is kinda why I have a love/HATE relationship with all these bloody Mini things.. All these things run on frame skips, why not stick in a slightly faster cpu (the die isn't gonna be much more expensive) and then you can have at least a bit of a proper system.

But I digress that the general population doesn't give a shit, and will buy it anyhow.. regardless of Frame skips or not. hell even I bought it.. and I was thinking at the start when it was announced that no doubt the cpu/gpu emulation from this thing is gonna be shit.

Don't get me wrong, I am pretty darn happy I have one, but just sad that it could have been soooooo much better, for a fiver more..

Ahh the world we live in.. :D 1rst world issues ..

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Drizz06 likes this.
  2. frnak

frnak Member

It's apparently running an old build of PCSX. I'm sure there's some optimisation potential there. But yeah. Probably needs more horsepower.

3. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

I've explained twice now why this (a) doesn't matter, and (b) won't help. I'm not sure I can make it any clearer.

4. cyrax83

cyrax83 Member

Bought it from Amazon but returned it. Bit of a disgrace product. I'll get it when it's in the bargain bin at $75

5. WuZMoT

WuZMoT Member

I think if you want something to take on the road and only load up a USB with games that run well it's fine. Down to personal tolerance of what you consider running well, it's not like absolutely everything is unplayable.

< $100 I might pick one up but it's very hard to justify since I don't travel and there's already a PS3 in the house.

Unless you just REALLY want to own that piece of grey plastic.

6. g12345567

g12345567 Member

8BitDo has also announced a wireless USB adapter for the Playstation Classic. Official release date is December 31. Compatible with
    • PS4, PS3, Xbox Bluetooth
    • Switch Pro, Wii U Pro, Wiimote, Joy-Cons
    • 8BitDo Controllers and arcade sticks (not including 2.4g controllers)
    Its basically the same USB wireless adapter they sell for the Nintendo switch, PC and Mac. just in the Classic Playstation grey colour. So it matches the console.
    Compatibility wise we'll have to wait for reviews to see what features of each controller are supported. EG analogue sticks, rumble etc. Or if existing adapters need to have firmware updated to get all buttons working.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    mR_CaESaR and elvis like this.
  7. mR_CaESaR

mR_CaESaR Member

It'd be interesting if f they make the analog work for the ds4

8. elvis

The emulator and OS both support it. Just a matter of ensuring the input mapping settings are correct.

mR_CaESaR likes this.
  9. mR_CaESaR

mR_CaESaR Member

Like with everything, it should just be a matter of time.

I still have no idea why I bought this and the mini snes as there are already MANY options available, damn these companies who prey on our nostalgia!!!

10. power

power Member

I never owned any of the original NES/SNES/PS1 so for me it's all about experiencing these titles for the first time on as near enough to the original experience without acquiring the games, controllers and hardware. to me a game needs to be played on what the designers intended you to play it on otherwise, it's just not as good. Although i have made exceptions for some of the collections over the years like the Sega ones. I'll be all aboard if Sega ever get a good mini happening as the atgames units appear to have horrible controllers.

11. elvis

From the previous "I bought this for the controllers" discussion, the folks at work asked me to set up some emulators to play today, as most are out of the office for the next two weeks.

I rummaged through my pile of crappy controllers that I could take to work and not fuss if someone damaged them. Here's about 1/4 of my PlayStation 1 controller collection (and a few random ones thrown in - the Sega one was officially sold with the Sega collection for PS3).

3.jpg

FIREWIRE1394 likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I’ve got 2 new DS2 still in packaging un-opened.
    Might open then one day when my daughter is old enough to play.

13. WuZMoT

WuZMoT Member

It would seem CRT tubes are not the only things that take refuge at your place in large numbers :D

elvis likes this.
  14. power

power Member

That controller heap gives me a twitch, bear in mind I bought a 360 controller before the consoles launch, I own an xb1 elite purchased only after several glowing reviews and have recently purchased a near new wii u pro controller and several wiimotes. Controllers are a big deal to me personally. But that's me. I don't expect anyone else to understand me buying a Skyward Sword CE bundle recently just to play the game even though I have a modded wii with the game on the hard drive.. I still played it with the disc and the gold remote and I liked it.

TLDR I like controllers and collectible bits of hardware in general.

Also very jealous of that Saturn controller!

15. elvis

You can get knock-offs around the place. That one is a genuine Sega one, but again made for the PS3, so it's a bit plasticy-cheapy even if it's a Genuine Sega.

I'll say again: that's out of the B-grade pile. The ones I play with day to day are in much nicer nick. These are just the ones I'm willing to let co-workers rub their greasy paws all over.

16. power

power Member

I have no b grade controllers, lol

17. elvis

Pretty sure I got the whole alphabet. :lol:

FIREWIRE1394, Vanne and power like this.
  18. g12345567

g12345567 Member

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  19. WuZMoT

WuZMoT Member

hmmmm....... that day came too soon, still undecided though, maybe if i get bored one weekend.

20. mR_CaESaR

mR_CaESaR Member

Wonder if I can return my day 1 purchase and get a store credit from eb the difference

power likes this.