PlayStation Vita (PSP2)

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by Philll, Oct 25, 2010.

1. mrthong

mrthong Member

picked up a PS VITA TV while i was shopping around in seoul :thumbup:

2. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

hope you have an asian psn account to use on it... apparently its region locked :(

3. MrBS

MrBS Member

Vita TV for the west better be at least announced by E3 or I'm going to be very sad :(

4. mrthong

mrthong Member

i read it wasnt region locked, it just doesnt support other county PSNs yet. ill post back once im back in australia!

bought it for $123,000 won, which is roughly $123 AUD, and yesterday i saw a value pack for $163,000 won or $163 AUD which comes with 8gb memory card and a controller.. :(:(

5. SeVeN21

SeVeN21 Member

Will a PS Vita Slim from Japan work on PS Plus here? I know it's region free but want to make sure I can use my PS Plus account on it.

6. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

Very nearly impulse bought one of these today but they're actually quite hard to find in stores. Basically just a shelf a foot wide at EB Games. Couldn't even find it at JB Hifi.

I decided to not bother because they've back up to $259 (incl a game) at JB online and I lasted about 2 weeks playing anything at all on my 3DSXL before I forgot about it.

7. FNQer

FNQer Member

Need to connect to Japanese account, or separate Aussie account? I almost bought it when it was released in Japan, but the shop assistant couldn't clarify...

8. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

I grabbed Tearaway for $22.46 in the PSN store sale as I enjoyed the demo. :thumbup:

9. SeVeN21

SeVeN21 Member

The vita gets locked to a PSN account. Because it's region free I'm assuming you can lock it to your AU/EU PSN account. Just wish someone would confirm this for me.

10. MrBS

MrBS Member

Vita is locked to a single PSN account. US/AU/EU/JP accounts are supported so yes a JP model can use a AU account.

11. SeVeN21

SeVeN21 Member

Thanks. :)

12. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

couple of new games out for the vita last week which I got both of, while i'm a fan of JPRG I don't rate the first offering Ys very highly yet. I played for a few hours but it wasn't grabbing me enough to make me want to go back and play.

The other game however. Well! that is a different kettle of fish

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. Strange name. Strange game but i'm sucked in bigtime. I wasn't sure of this one as the preview looked weirdo but I read a review and got it.. Boy am I glad I did. It's kinda like a mix of the miles edgeworth game where you are investigating a crime scene mixed with a phoenix wright style trial but also with Persona style social links and one fucked up psycho bear. I finished the first case tonight and I gotta say
    man that was one fucked up execution!
    I REALLY want to know who/what the psycho bear is and
    if you manage to escape from the school in the end without having to murder someone

13. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

Gave in and picked up a Vita 3G/Wifi and Killzone & Tearaway.

Tearaway is delightful and Killzone seems pretty damned impressive for a handheld FPS.

Better hand feel than the 3DS for my large hands but still a little too cramped on the analogue sticks :( Probably get a lot more use out of this than my 3DS which has sat on the bench for 80% of the time I've owned it...

14. bjk213

bjk213 Member

got a few PSV games, is it better to sell on here or trade them in at EB?

15. Sledge

Sledge Member

Haven't played the Vita for a while.
    Went to play.. can't log in..
    Tried on PC to recover PSN account and it says email is not Valid...

What's the best way to follow this up and get the account back?
    Seems it is a US account..
    so have to contact the US sony..

Is there anything in the ToS about selling accounts etc? Is that allowed or not?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  16. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

Using them as bookmarks is better than trading in at EB with the amount they give

On the forum your more likely to get a fairer price

17. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Depends. If you want them gone fast go to eb. If you are willing to wait a little longer sell here. One is guaranteed to take but for less $$$. One you'll get a better price for but won't necessarily sell

18. stroggos2k

stroggos2k Member

Started a New Game + of Persona 4 to ease me back into JRPG's in anticipation of Final Fantasy X

19. The Beast

The Beast Member

I've still got to finish my first P4G play through! Long game!

I'm playing through The Walking Dead atm, which is nice on Vita though occassionally has performance issues (pauses). Doesn't hinder game play or cause you to miss any actions, as it's usually in cut scenes, but it's a little distracting at times. Still, not bad to play at night in bed with the lights off :)

20. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

don't do it! LOL. P4G is an evil game. Everytime I start playing I get sucked in big time and spend hours and hours playing. It's by far my most played game on the Vita (tho i'm sure FFVII would beat it for time played if there was a new game plus that kept the timer). I've racked up a good 150hrs so far on that game and i'm still not to 100% complete. Though if you want to ease yourself into a JPRG in time for FFX P4G is not the best choice since it's extremely different.

That said if you are a P4G fan I'd recommend getting P3P. It's arguably a more fun game than P4 and available on PSN which means you can play on your vita

I finished Danganronpa trigger happy havoc and the ending left a VERY bitter taste in my mouth
    The ending was STUPID. In the end it turns out that one of the girls swapped places with her sister and the other one was controlling Monokuma and murdered her sister herself in the first few mins of the game. It turns out that they all agreed to be locked in the school because the outside world is totally and utterly fucked up by this ultimate despair crap which is gripping the world that TWO people started (WTF) they somehow had their memories wiped but they never explain how they did it and they lost about 2yrs of time they were at Hopes peak academy. At the end of the game you see the door open but you never really find out if the outside world is totally fucked or not (tho I suspect it is because Danganronpa 2 suggests that the main character is in some kind of hope group or some such crap) and at the very end after Junko has "murdered" herself for being caught Monokuma starts moving on it's own even tho nobody is controlling it. All in all a stupid ending.
    I was really enjoying the game until I found out all that stupid junk.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014