1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

PlayStation Vita (PSP2)

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by Philll, Oct 25, 2010.

1. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

That's a shame, the platform itself seems amazing but is just lacking support.

Still happy with my purchase, will just have to keep an eye out on the second hand market for some games.

2. FoBZY

FoBZY Member

keep an eye out for sales on psn - e.g I got persona for 20ish, tearaway for about the same. MGS collection was 20 somthing too not long ago

otherwise, pre owned at EB wasnt too bad. Also, places like ozgameshop, dungeoncrawl etc

heaps of games to back fill, I got mine maybe 5 months ago and I've got about 10 games on it, some havent even had a chance to play yet

3. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

I get the impression that the console has about zero traction in the Aus market but seems to do alright elsewhere. At any rate online store downloads are your best bet.

4. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I've been playing tales of hearts r on my vita. Not a bad game at all. If you like JRPG it's definitely worth a look.

I think I'm near the end of the game. The current Dungeon I'm in is frustrating. I hate stupid teleporting circles. I just want to finish the Dungeon and progress the story not spend ages going in circles being attacked relentlessly. Ah the joy of JRPG lol

5. stitch512

stitch512 Member

Aldi have black ops declassified on vita $8. Great game for that price.

6. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Still playing and loving my vita. I just finished Virtue's last reward. Bloody good game. Far better than the previous game 999. Sad to know the game didn't make enough money so there is not going to be a third game :(

Next is going to be Tokyo ghost story which comes out in a couple of weeks and is also a visual novel game so hopefully it's as good as VLR

7. nornicle

nornicle Member

I'm still playing Persona 4 Golden.. can't seem to finish it, the game goes FOREVER.

That said, I've been playing The Swapper and Luftrausers.

I bought 999 on Ipad because its cheaper, but I suspect I would much prefer to play it on my vita.

Any games people think someone 'must have' on the Ps VITA? I've started a lot of games but not finished any... it's not a very good system for 'twitch' style games.

8. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

Gravity Rush if you dont already have it

9. nornicle

nornicle Member

have it from when it was free for PS Plus members... I found it... motion sickness creating because of the odd controls.. and didn't understand purpose of the game.. just killing bugs and floating about..

10. MrBS

MrBS Member

Currently playing Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines and I'm a bit disappointed with it. It's competent but I'm just not feeling it. Not too fussed as it was USD$19.99 at launch. I'll keep plugging away at it until Toukiden Kiwami drops at the end of the month. Looking forward to some cross save goodness on PS4 with that one ;)

11. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Oh wow 999 was on Ipad? Wish I knew. 999 was on DS not vita. Virtue's Last reward was the vita/3DS game but I don't recommend it on 3DS as it has an extremely bad game breaking bug which is not present on the vita.

That said 999 and VLR will both work just as well on ipad as the 3DS /Vita have no special controls that NEED that specific system.

Yes persona 4 takes ages but I don't mind as I loved every minute of it. If I didn't enjoy the game as much I can definitely see it being a chore

12. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Game I was excited to get Tokyo Twilight ghost hunters.... So I got it yesterday and it is S***! this game is impossible to work out. The first thing it does is pop up a circle with icons. It does not even tell you what they mean you just pick something.

I then got to the first battle a few mins into the game and it is impossible -_-

The review I read said

"All movement happens simultaneously, making it impossible to reliably hit an enemy unless it is somehow immobilized"

Try impossible to hit the boss at all. You have to GUESS where it is going and move there to hit it. If it moves to your square it hits you but you can't hit it otherwise you're swinging at air.

It's shit. I don't enjoy games that I can't progress past the first few mins due to a stupid impossible to predict battle system.... And this is the FIRST FIGHT OF THE GAME!!

How about a tutorial on how to properly predict the enemy movements?!?! Or better yet... Let me move THEN the boss moves. Not everyone at the same time and leave it to pure luck :/

So do not recommend this game is shit. It's visual novel so I expected 999/Virtue's Last reward type puzzles... Not that crap.

I hope jb will give me a refund that goes much I despise this game. Shame the YouTube review wasn't out earlier as I never would have touched this game. Basically every bit of the game sucks. Wish I knew that in advance :(

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  13. MrBS

MrBS Member

Ouch. I didn't have any interest in that one. At the moment I'm grinding the Toukiden Kiwami demo to import into the full game at the end of the month. Good times.

14. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Mega hooked on Helldivers atm.

15. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

so stoked as I noticed EB have this for pre-order

https://ebgames.com.au/vita-207528-Danganronpa-Another-Episode-Ultra-Despair-Girls-PS-Vita

The new game is strange looking though. Danganronpa 1 and 2 were what i'd call a mash of Visual novel and Phoenix wright but this new game is a FPS... could they make the gameplay any more different from the previous games? :lol:

That said I am looking forward to it as I completely loved the first two Danganronpa games. I'd easily rate them two of the best games to come out on PSVita. I'm hoping they finally kick Monokuma's ass for good.

I hate that psycho bear which means they did an awesome job of writing his character because you're meant to hate the sadistic bugger xD

16. Rezzix

Rezzix Member

Are they not selling PS Vita's anymore? I've looked around JB and a few other retailers and haven't seen any for sale any more.

17. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Doing a quick search of the JB Hi-Fi shows the answer would be no. But they still list and sell the Playstation TV. How strange! I would have thought they'd stop selling PSTV over the PSV

18. arc87

arc87 Member

I've brought 2 this month from different eb stores in Brisbane.

19. BluBoy

BluBoy Member

I am looking to replace one also. Saw some rumours of a PS Vita 3000. Could be clearing old stock, for this perhaps?

20. bjk213

bjk213 Member

so Sony, ditched the Vita at this years E3.

No AAA titles coming not even gravity rush 2 it looks like.

why did i buy a vita again?