1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

PlayStation Vita (PSP2)

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by Philll, Oct 25, 2010.

1. FarZK

FarZK Member

To play persona 4 and lewd dungeon crawlers like the rest of us

2. Kie

Kie Member

Don't forget about hacking it to play PSP and PSX games with slightly better resolution! That's the only thing I use it for now...

3. bjk213

bjk213 Member

is persona any good? Currently playing Final Fantasy X (remastered) seems like a interesting game.

4. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Not that it matters now but watch out for FF7 on the vita. It does a bloody awful job of emulating it. I replayed FF7 on my vita and it kept having graphical freak outs and going stupid and the only was to fix was find a save point so you could close the game and open it again. Really annoying as it's completely random and when it went stupid even the text was corrupt or just would not display at all. I know it's not a corrupt copy or my vita as there are posts online of others having the same issue with FF7. Apparently psp does it too but I never had issues playing ff7 on my psp a couple of years sgo

Not my vita but this was the exact crap that kept happening to me too
    http://i.imgur.com/M2ubm.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/UJ4N3.jpg

No. Persona 4 is not good. It's amazing!!! Personally I rate persona 4 above FFX but that's just me. I never was the biggest fan of X though lol I always preferred the psx era FF games over the PS2 games. Sad to hear that Sony is ditching the vita. So much wasted potential!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  5. FoBZY

FoBZY Member

hell divers is good fun on the vita, feels better suited to it than the PS4 :thumbup:

6. melatonin

melatonin Member

Anyone wanna sell their Vita? Looking for a PCH-2000

7. power

power Member

Anyone comment on whether these are worth buying, seems to be stuff all games.

Also which model, I noticed there's a slim one as well as the normal one.

8. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

Alot of the games for teh Vita are Cross-Play, so it helps if you have a PS4\PS3 (and PSN+)

Saying that, I havent touched mine in ages because Hearthstone on the iPad takes up my handheld time. I enjoyed Gravity Rush and Uncharted on the Vita alot, and there are a few cross-play games that are good too. I need to see if I can get remote play working well with the PS4

9. power

power Member

Yeah have seen Vita come up a bit on the store but nothing that I wouldn't play elsewhere, I kind of like getting a platform that has exclusive stuff on it which I guess is why I've grabbed PS4 and 3.

Maybe I will pick one up cheap in future.

10. poleposition

poleposition Member

I'm always so slow to catch onto things lol

Super excited to be getting a Vita.

Would do anything for Final Fantasy XII to be available on it.

So many titles that I would do anything for to be available in HD on Vita

11. poleposition

poleposition Member

Anyone still around in this thread hahaha

Just started playing Persona 4 golden, 4-5 hours into it. Its a sweeeet game. Just the right difficulty I reckon

12. bjk213

bjk213 Member

yeah heard it was a good game, havent got it yet, been playing final fantasy X, really enjoy it but the bosses are pretty hard

13. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

yes. I still love my Vita. I'm waiting for Danganronpa Ultra Despair girls to be released. I'm sad it's not the same style game as Trigger Happy Havoc and Goodbye Despair but i'm still excited to see more of the story. I am also waiting for Persona 4 Dancing all night (my god they are milking Persona 4 for all it's worth!)

I'm also tempted to get a game called Lost Dimension which is a visual novel game which surprisingly enough I really enjoy that genre. If it's anything like Virtue's last reward it's going to be amazing. That game I highly recommend! amazing story.

My last purchase on Vita was a dungeon crawling game called Conception 2. I went in expecting it to be like persona which I loved... But I do not recommend it... I'm finding the battle system a real chore. It's just plain boring :(

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  14. poleposition

poleposition Member

I have been loving FFX too, I am not too far in it so far (second temple I think). I have been loving JRPG's heaps. There are lots of great titles on PS Vita. I would happily buy any of the good JRPG playstation one games if they remade them.

I wouldn't mind trying danganronpa, I heard great things about it. I am only about 5 hours into P4g and love every second of it. I will be dissapointed when the story is finished. The games I am playing lately seem very story/cut scene based, Persona 4 Golden, The Walking Dead Season 1, Heavy rain on PS3. Every game is testing my moral choices.

Will be sure to check out Lost Dimension too, sounds like a great visual story. I was playing the Escape Plan demo and found the controls to be really well done (integrating all aspects of the ps vita platform).

Does anyone know of anyone that may have a few spare games? Hoping to extend out my limited collection a little bit.

15. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Definitely get Danganronpa. I was expecting it to be awful as it looks weird but I got sucked in big time. To be honest I'd say the second game was even better than the first.

P4G is amazing! I was expecting it to be like Conception 2 (AKA boring) but it's not. The social links kept me coming back for more. If you enjoy P4 definitely download Persona 3 Potable off PSN. I personally think P3 is even better than P4 :D

16. poleposition

poleposition Member

Oh wicked, I will definitely check it out.

I personally tend to have anxiety issues when it comes to uncertainty in life, when I get into something (like I have with the PS vita) I tend to get nervous when I think there won't be future support for it with new games etc. I know its inevitable with any console/technology thing but I suppose I love what I love doing and want it to continue haha.

P4g is absolutely stunning, I think I am about 4.5 hours into it so far and the game is just starting to open up. I've only upto the first castle/dundgeon bit. I am hoping the game opens up even more (I heard I can ride a scooter to get around LOL) as I can't get enough of it haha.

I've only just joined the sports team (I picked basketball lol)

17. poleposition

poleposition Member

Seems like they are bringing a new revision to the game. Might make the game a bit more fun:

http://www.destructoid.com/tokyo-twilight-ghost-hunters-is-getting-a-major-update-307805.phtml

18. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not that game! I had that. I HATE that game. I wonder if the are gonna fix the stupid battle system where it is impossible to RELIABLY hit the monster....

Whoever thought a battle system where it's pure luck was a good idea is an idiot :/

19. poleposition

poleposition Member

hahaha, I think one of the focuses on this revision seems to be the battle system mainly. Will be great :)

The new games to PS Plus seem to be very enjoyable. I have still been getting through FFX, I sorta want to get through it quicker so I can try FFX-2 LOL

20. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Don't be in a rush for that. Ffx-2 is shallow and very average. X is a far superior game