1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

PlayStation Vita (PSP2)

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by Philll, Oct 25, 2010.

1. poleposition

poleposition Member

Oh thats alright, i'll slow down then hahaha. I just played my first blitzball and to be honest I had no idea what was going on haha. The "laughing Scene" with Tidus was quite awkward lol

Does FF-X have a similar feel eventually to FF7 where you can go anywhere in the world and stay exploring certain areas again? I seem to really miss that magical feel that Final Fantasy 7 had, even from the start, the backgrounds were 2d but the game felt like it had the urge to explore, like the first time the cutscene of Gold Saucer came up, I still get chills down my back. It had the same feel as going to the Shopping Centre in Space Quest 4. There was so much to explore.

I'd do anything to play the new version on PS4, or at least a remaster on PS VITA.

2. Boneman

Boneman Member

FFX is more linear than the others, its still a great game though for what it is, and the story is as good as you want to make it. Also I loved X-2, its so zany and different, also has a bit more of an open world.

3. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Of you've ever played 13. X is like that in that it keeps you on the rails right to near the end then it opens up and let's you go to old areas to fight optional bosses, get the best weapons in game etc. I never understood blitz ball either. You can get thru the game without having to play which is good

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  4. poleposition

poleposition Member

Oh nice as. The story is going really great so far. I really love the way Final fantasy Films capture such amazing emotions from a game.

I must admit I stopped playing 13, I gave it a pretty good go, but everytime there was another battle I found myself getting more and more frustrated as I wanted to explore more of the world. Don't get me wrong though I do love the battles, its just that it felt like someone had grabbed a map and stretched it 2-3 times longer than it should have been.

One game in particular I am absolutely begging to play would be a remix of Final Fantasy XII, i've never played the original on ps2 myself but I have heard awesome things about it.

5. Boneman

Boneman Member

FF XII is amazing. The battle system alone is so refreshing, Id love to play through it again. The international edition for Japan has a new job system as well, so hopefully a remaster of both versions is coming.

6. MrBS

MrBS Member

I'd kill for XII remake. Also the PS4 version of FFX finally got patched today to fix the RNG bug its had since launch ><

7. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I never really played into it much so I'm hoping for a hd remake or release onto psn store. I could play on my ps2 but... Nah! It looks awful on new tvs even with component cables :Paranoid:

8. Boneman

Boneman Member

Is it legal in Australia to emulate it on PC if you own the game? You can sharpen up the graphics big time and it runs damn smooth too. Definitely a must-play game.

9. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Yea true. I could. I emulated persona 3 FES and that worked fairly well. A little glitchy but at least I have a xbox 360 controller receiver for my pc which is good

10. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

So last week danganronpa ultra despair girls came out. I don't normally play third person shooters but I'm loving this game. Turning it on is a trap as I just want to keep playing to know what is going on. Well and truly lives up to the danganronpa name. If you've played 1 and 2 this is a must get. If you have not then go get danganronpa 1 and 2 then play the new game (technically UDG is set between 1 and 2 but it makes more sense of you play 2 first)

Also OMG!!!!!!! Danganronpa 3 is announced for ps4 and vita. So excited!!!!! ^_^

I look forward to the day we finally smash all those bastard monokumas lol

11. poleposition

poleposition Member

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a game grip for the ps vita?

I'm really pedantic with scratches so I am hoping for something that would have a soft mating surface. (so pedantic that I actually play my vita in its clam shell case lmao, only take it out when I need to play touch pad games lol)

12. poleposition

poleposition Member

If anyone was considering a half decent but cheap set of Bluetooth Headphones for the PS Vita, I got this set a few years ago and they are still going brilliantly (I used them for when I used to go on bike rides). I have been pretty rough with them and they still work perfectly. Pretty comfy too, I forget I am wearing them haha

I bought my last set for about $20 off ebay

[​IMG]

13. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

^^

What brand?

14. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I've seen at one point there was a trigger grip for PSvita. I can't vouch for how it feels as I don't own one. I just play mine as is

Persona 4 Dancing all night is out in a couple of weeks. looking forward to that. hopefully they stop milking the Persona 4 brand soon and start focussing on Persona 5. As much as I like Persona 4 I think it's getting a bit out of hand

Persona 4
    Persona 4 Golden
    Persona 4 Arena
    Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
    Persona Q
    Persona 4 Dancing all night
    Persona 4: The animation
    Persona 4 Golden: The animation

isn't that enough???

15. poleposition

poleposition Member

Great question. To be honest I am not 100% sure of the brand but they pop up on ebay for around $20 (will have to find the link on the ones I watched).

You don't generally get much for $20 but they sound and work half decent. The model I think is called BSH10.

Wow thats a list and a half hahaha. I'm still playing Persona 4 Golden at the moment, I am struggling a little bit with drive to keep playing (maybe i'm just needing to get into the mood). I am upto the steamy baths dungeon area.

I tend to get stressed when there is only a certain number of days till its raining/foggy etc (I get worried I will not be prepared enough).

Is there a time limit to the actual school year (or can you technically keep playing forever)

I started playing Sly Cooper, I must admit it is really enjoyable. Playing as 3 characters, and the animation is very smooth.

I've loved Broken Age too, its a great story with a great imagination.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  16. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Set time limit. After a certain date the game speeds up and you lose control right before the ending. If you're too slow with saving the person in the TV world it's game over anyway

17. poleposition

poleposition Member

Oh dang, I reckon it will still be worth playing through. I feel like playing it again now.

Hopefully Nov 2015 ps plus games will be a bit better than last months. Super Meat Boy is pretty addictive though lol

18. poleposition

poleposition Member

The marketing structure seems to be such an easy fix to get the Vita going strong again.

Build confidence amongst developers by bringing out Slim Vita with OLED display (any maybe a few new features and will build confidence with original OLED vita owners to upgrade). Then provide support for developers for AAA titles and

I love the graphics of the Vita, I would happily keep buying games for years to come. I do use my vita with remote play nearly as much as I do with AAA titles lol.

19. power

power Member

A big blow was a recent announcement that there are a grand total of 0 first party titles in production.

Sony don't believe in Vita anymore.

I mean, you struggle to find the units anywhere or there games.

20. poleposition

poleposition Member

What a pity though, the system is more than powerful enough to run some great games.

I got annoyed when they stopped making Sega Dreamcast games, the console was great fun. Sega GT was a great example (and sonic).

Its a pity when things don't work out, it seems like the most passionate enthusiasts tend to get left out in the rain after leaving your wallet inside :(

Sure I can understand that mobile games are much more popular these days but there is nothing worse for me than using a phone to play using touchpad buttons. Download games never quite have the same value of ownership as hard cased games.