1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

PlayStation Vita (PSP2)

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by Philll, Oct 25, 2010.

1. poleposition

poleposition Member

Thanks heaps for the recommendations will be sure to check em out tonight. I started watching "One Piece". Its quite funny so far and found it quite easy to get into. I saw a bit of Parasyte? Boy that was a gory first scene lol

Re FFIX Omg how awesome would that be if it came out.

I've been playing Grim Fandango and absolutely love it to bits so far. I am not sure if the 16:9 mode is stretching the picture or if the resolution is changing to accomodate widescreen.

I found this link below about Full Throttle coming out on vita (and ps4)
    http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/5/9854484/full-throttle-remaster-ps4-announced

Lucasarts made some remarkable storys, glad to see them being introduced again to the next generation.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  2. poleposition

poleposition Member

I recently got a PS Vita 1000 after owning a 2000 Slim for a while, I must admit the first thing I noticed was the weight difference as the 2000 is definitely lighter.

But for some reason the 1000 feels nicer in my hand, I found my hands getting cramped on the 2000 model.

I love the Oled screen. I had a 1000 a few months before getting a 2000.

3. poleposition

poleposition Member

Any fans of the vita still out there? I use mine nearly every day. Half half for games half half for watching crunchyroll.

4. MrBS

MrBS Member

Still use mine but the releases are quickly drying up. Looking forward to some cross save action with Senran Kagura next week ;)

5. Kie

Kie Member

Dusted mine off recently, but not to play Vita games. I'm using it for PS4 remote play whilst the TV is in use. At least it's not just sitting around...

6. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

Does that work well?

7. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Yes surprisingly well. I was using it to play Final Fantasy Type-0 and FF14 (which I don't recommend as it's too hard to control but it worked lol) at one stage and even used it as a controller when I only had 1 PS4 controller

8. poleposition

poleposition Member

This months PSN June 2016 looks pretty good overall for ps4.

Not sure of the vita titles too well, will have to try them or read up a bit more about them.

I still love my vita. The only thing I wish they did was allowed youtube access. I would use mine even more if that was the case. Not sure Little deviants looks like my sort of game. I played a bit of gods of war last month but i'm not sure I really like them that much.

9. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

I use mine for YouTube all the time, it works fine on the Vita browser.

Its not as good as the YouTube app it used to have but still perfectly usable, also no adverts :)

I got my PS3 back this after loaning it to a friend for the past few years, decided to hook up remote play with my Vita in the hopes I'd be able to use it to stream Netflix to it. Unfortunately no only did Netflix not work via remote play but neither did any of the PS3 games I tried. Seems a pretty useless feature just to browse the PS3 UI. I assume its a bit better on PS4?

10. poleposition

poleposition Member

Oh wow I didnt think of that. Is the page easy to navigate? I would love a specific icon to take me directly to youtube.

Thanks for the heads up!

11. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

I think it just uses the mobile version on YouTube, I find it simple to navigate. I prefer to open each vid I want to watch in a new tab as when you use the back button it will always leave you at the top of the list.

The main thing it lacks that the YouTube App did was that it would download the whole vid as you watched it which mean after it was finished loading the vid you could suspend the vita and come back later and not have to download it to continue watching which I loved for queuing up long vids (>20 mins) and suspending the vita and then being able to watch them at my leisure when out and about without wifi. The browser version doesn't do this, when you resume the Vita it tried to reconnect and boots you if it fails.

12. poleposition

poleposition Member

Thanks heaps once again. I believe the vita had so much more capability. I can understand that any mobile sold these days can support apple store or google play store but I can't stand playing games on my mobile without having physical buttons or joysticks to move.

The vita is much more comfy to use long term too.

13. poleposition

poleposition Member

Worked perfectly mate. Thanks again :)
    [​IMG]

14. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

Yeah I'm with you on preferring the Vita as a gaming device to a phone.

I also generally prefer the kind of games that are available for it, I like that there are a lot of oddball Japanese games on there, Vita is like my platform for that kind of shit.

Definitely agree with you on that Sony dropped the ball hard with Vita, its a great little device with so much potential. But I still use mine daily and despite the "Vita is dead narrative" there are still a ton of games coming to it all the time.

Recently the Xcom port is really solid (barring the awful framerate) and I'm looking forward to the port of Banner Saga.

15. poleposition

poleposition Member

The one thing that gets me is that I don't feel like winning or loosing a phone game makes much difference. Yet with Sony (especially trophies), it gives you a reason to play it. I find phone games often try and win the person over within the first few minutes of playing where most good console games make you work for it a bit (and give the story line and gameplay time to mature).

I definitely love using mine on a regular basis, the youtube component was one I overlooked (using a web interface) and as a result I have found myself using it even more now.

I remember playing Persona 4 Golden for the first time (one i haven't played in a little while). It was amazing and I was enjoying it thoroughly.

The only mental concern (with regards to attachment to games) is that digital games bought from psn would technically only be available as long as psn was up (and supported) which should technically be a very very long time. But games bought through psn seem to loose some of that sustenance that an actual memory card/cd based game provides on your gaming shelf.

16. poleposition

poleposition Member

Are there many members out there still playing the ps vita?

I think I use mine almost more than I do the PS4 haha. Well thats sort of a lie, as I use the ps4 through remote play. It works really well.

17. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I've been pretty busy lately barely had time for the PS4 but still plan on using the vita.

18. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

I wanted to set mine up to do this, but I have been having issues getting it connected. I did manage to get the remote play to work on the PC tho

19. MrBS

MrBS Member

I just picked up a new game this morning for my Vita. Love it.

20. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

I have an hour commute on the bus to work and back so I was using it a fair bit for that till the headphone port crapped out :(

Need to buy a set of BT headphones now I guess.