1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

PlayStation Vita (PSP2)

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by Philll, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Yea I know what you mean, I barely use my PS4 sadly. havn't touched my vita in a while as i've been playing games on my PC lately. I'll dust it off when World of Final Fantasy comes out in a couple of weeks however :D

2. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

I can't recall the last time I powered on my PS Vita. It's a cool bit of hardware but I've never found a game that really blew me away.
    My 3DS has had 1000x more use.

3. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

See funny you say that. I'm the total opposite. I have not powered on my 3ds in god knows how long. I've not found any games on that console the have blown me away whereas the vita has had a tonnes more use and some of my all time favourite games. Granted the games I love are now on PS4 or coming soon to it with the exception of a couple

4. poleposition

poleposition Member

I've found Remote Play to be a great bit of fun. While the controls for certain titles are a little bit awkward, it is quite fun playing GTA5 on a handheld device haha

5. MrBS

MrBS Member

I've been making use of my 'Playstation TV' at home again lately. Currently playing a vita exclusive on the train and on the TV at home. Meanwhile my PS4 Pro sits there :p

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  6. sanjay

sanjay Member

I wish they put L2, L3, R2 and R3 buttons on the vita. its absolutely hopeless to control anything otherwise in my experience :(

7. Munki

Munki Member

NE-NE-NE-NE-NECROOOOOO!!!

Purchased a Vita a couple of months ago and I've been loving it. It's renewed my interest in mobile gaming - something that the 2DS XL didn't manage to do before. Maybe it's the familiarity of the console coming from a previous phat PSP1000 owner, but yeah it's a nice bit of gear. The previous owner even had a 32GB official memory stick in it too, so that was a nice bonus! But I have migrated everything to a MicroSD and reverted to 3.6 firmware.

elvis likes this.
  8. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

Why the older firmware? I still use my vita periodically, I notice they fixed the bug where the browser wouldn't play youtube vids.

9. ndt

ndt Member

yeah, I had vita for a few months and really liked it. Shame it didn't do that well, the fact that it could sorta play borderlands 2 make me wonder what a vita 2 would have been like.

10. power

power Member

this is literally one of the worst on the platform, the Vita is shockingly good for a handheld. I've loved every minute with mine - feels like a portable PS3. :)

11. ndt

ndt Member

yeah, it sure was pushing the limits of the vita and you have to be pretty desperate to play it.

12. power

power Member

no the team porting it pushed the limits of their coding abilities and were found lacking.

for a better example look to Killzone.

13. sanjay

sanjay Member

Back when EB started clearing out their PSVita games I bought a whole pile of them. Probably have 30+ titles now and the Vita is what accompanies me on flights and long trips, not my Switch (although I might get a Switch Lite next time they go cheap like the recent Gamesmen deal).

power likes this.
  14. Munki

Munki Member

3.60 HENkaku enso. Not sure why I picked 3.60 over 3.65 to be honest. I might look at upgrading to 3.65 next.

Edit: Actually, after a brief refresher, I think it was because 3.60 was the easiest to install. And really, I had no issues at all downgrading from 3.70 to 3.60. Have also read that it's not necessary to upgrade to 3.65, so looks like I'll stick with 3.60.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019