Pleaes explain how to do these things on ipad

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by vladtepes, Jul 25, 2019.

1. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

I got an iPad and I'm not used to iOS just Android and Windows PC

Here's what I want/need to do.

1, Access a website (I can do this)
    2. Download photos which are attached to messages submitted to that website.
    2b Resize those images if >1mb and reformat to jpg if other format submitted
    3. Cut and paste from that message into fields on the website backend.
    4. Upload photos as attachments (basically would need to tell it the 'path' to where the image is) at least that's how it works on PC.

The Apple sales genius [​IMG] told me that an iPad can do anything a computer can do.
    So are there any particular programs I'd need to download for this or should it just work?

Another question - is it possible to have two 'windows' (apps) open on the screen side by side (i.e. split screen) in a landscape format and if so how do I accomplish that?

Thanks

2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

"2. Download photos which are attached to messages submitted to that website."

Normally iirc it's just hold your finger down on the image until you get some options come up in a popup. Not sure about how to resize an image natively within ios but there probably is a function somewhere.

Bit confused as to what sort of user you are to this website? I originally thought you were just a regular browser but then you talk about messages and backend? What's the context here....?

vladtepes likes this.
  3. mr camouflage

mr camouflage Member

Save Images from the Web with Safari in iOS
    1. From Safari, navigate to the website with an image you want to save.
    2. Tap and hold on the image until the pop-up selection menu appears, then tap “Save Image
    3. Find the saved image within Photos app.
    You can't natively resize an image in iOS. You need an app like ImageSize: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/image-size/id670766542

How to Select, Copy, and Paste Text on the iPad
    • Press and hold over the text you want to copy. After around 2 seconds a magnified view appears and the word it intends to select is highlighted in blue.
    • Move the magnifier around until it highlights the word you want, then let go.
    • Tap the Copy button that appears above the selected text.
    to paste text:
    1. Tap and hold anywhere in the editing area and the magnifying area will appear.
    2. Release without highlighting a word and the Select/Select All/Paste options will appear.

To upload.

Click the browse for image button in the web form, choose "Photo Library"> "Camera Roll" or "Recently Added" and tap on the image

vladtepes likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    vladtepes

vladtepes Member

Thank you :)

5. OP
    OP
    vladtepes

vladtepes Member

Chilled - I know a bit some some things, and not much about LOTS of things... :)

One thing I'm not is an Apple person... and I'm a non Apple person who bought an ipad. Go figure.

6. shino

shino Member

there's a ipad how to at a newsagent.

7. OP
    OP
    vladtepes

vladtepes Member

yeah I had a look a that ipad magazine thing and I know how to do most of those things so not worth the $20 when I can get good knowledge my by fellow OCAU'ers :)

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

It's ok, you can become an apple person just by buying their products every year upon release :leet:

But seriously, use it enough and you will become quite familiar, doesn't take long to get up to speed with the basics.