1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

Please lock up your cats....

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Zee, Jul 23, 2014.

1. JugV2

JugV2 Member

If you take it to a vet they will most likely scan it for you and look up the owner.

2. RobRoySyd

RobRoySyd Member

You must have seen The Secret Life of Cats. :)

Fascinating doco, not only do cats time share territory, they go around to one another's homes to steal food. It seems this satisfies their hunting instinct.

3. Aetherone

Aetherone Member

Indeed :)
    I've got the three-part follow up series stashed away for when my niece visits next.

4. JugV2

JugV2 Member

Worth watching?

where did it air?

5. shredder

shredder Member

Definitely worth watching. It's a quality BBC production which aired the last two years approx. First 'season' of two episodes (edit: or one? can't remember). Then second 'season' of three episodes.

I think this is episode 1.

Vimeo

Bah @ annoying "vimeo link automatically becoming an ugly embedded monstrosity", thing.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  6. JugV2

JugV2 Member

No probs, I will check it out.

Thanks mate.

7. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

I'd be worried that it isn't tagged... cause I know that we can't look after it (allergies to cats), so then it'd be off to the pound...

8. JugV2

JugV2 Member

Much as I hate it, you can't save every animal. At least doing this would give it a chance to be helped.

9. hoges25

hoges25 Member

Is there any way to deter cats from coming onto your property? My neighbour's cat gets free roam of the street and keeps leaving wildlife remains on our property, sometimes on my car. It also likes sleeping on my car and running out behind it as I drive down the driveway. I'm quite particularly about my car, and unfortunately being a rental it's not like I'll be building a garage any time soon. There's no talking to the neighbours about their precious kitty (they left a note on my housemate's van because he parked it in 'their spot' on the street), but I don't particularly want to run the thing over because it's owner is a moron.

I've tried the citrus spray stuff from Bunnings, but that doesn't seem to do much.

10. Aetherone

Aetherone Member

11. iSTELTHYi

iSTELTHYi Member

Simple, take it to the pound. They'll get sick of picking it up and getting fined and learn their lesson, either by not letting it out anymore, or not picking it up and it gets rehomed to a new house :)

12. hoges25

hoges25 Member

That gets more tempting as time goes on, maybe I should put it near the front door to deter sales people as well?

Unfortunately it's a bit too quick to catch, and it's learnt not be be visible when we are nearby. I'm looking into the council regulation, but it looks like if you trap it your are responsible for it until council can pick it up/you take it to the pound. My concern is more that I'll set it up and forget about it for a while...

13. Lasmi

Lasmi Member

I believe many councils lend out traps and once you've caught the cat you just ring and they come and pick it up. Just set it somewhere that you can't miss it and when you catch move it under shelter if you have to and give it some water.