1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

plugin to wordpress to compare product specifications?

Discussion in 'Programming & Software Development' started by poleposition, Aug 22, 2014.

1. poleposition

poleposition Member

hey all,
    I'm looking at finding a wordpress plugin (or an additional piece of software) that would allow me to enter products and then have the ability to categorise them by brand and then be able to give the user to compare specifications of the products.

The page isn't to sell products, but to allow the user to compare the specifications and find out more information about them.

Was wondering if there are any plugins that include that functionality into wordpress?

2. smoothunit

smoothunit Member

If you're selling products using Wordpress consider Woocommerce as it has this functionality built in and is free. You'll still have to manually assign categories, brands etc but it works well.

3. OP
    OP
    poleposition

poleposition Member

To be honest the site was only designed to be a reference for information. It could be quite handy though to use that as we could add as many product fields as we want. I wonder if I could strip out the shop portion out and keep it just as a product information base

I'll be sure to check it out thanks heaps :)