Pokemon Go For IOS/Android

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by c0ldm3th0d, Jul 6, 2016.

1. metalrain

metalrain Member

Hatched my first Igglybuff, my third Johto/2nd generation Pokémon. Still have Elekid, Cleffa, Togepi and Togetic to go.

Also noticed that starter Pokémon are much more common around Adelaide. Caught a few Charmanders, a couple Pikachus and a Bulbasaur. Had a couple of Squirtles show up on the nearby/sightings but I've been focusing on those Chanseys instead.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  2. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

Managed to get a Magneton and Electrode

Only these left now (and the babies)

Lapras
    Ditto
    Dragonite
    Omastar
    Machamp

3. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Super stoked. Just hatched a Lapras during double candy. The 45 extra should be more than enough to max out my existing Blizzard Lapras and possibly bump my Dragon Pulse one up over 2k.

:leet:

4. Hater

Hater Member

Why is Jynx a 10km egg? It's shitmon tier.

5. Fatmantan

Fatmantan Member

I had a dream last night i hatched a Lapras...

Hatched a Chansey this morning instead :tired:

6. metalrain

metalrain Member

Hatching a Chansey before this event would have been exciting :lol:

Anyway, I'd still enjoy all those hatch candies. I have enough for a Blissey and then some now but still always looking for more. That said, I haven't seen a 10KM for a week or so now. Hatched a few 2KMs in the past few days, almost all of them former 5KM hatchers....

7. cvidler

cvidler Member

So it's not just me, also noticed am increase in rarity of 10K's, and some mons popping out of unexpected eggs. Thought I just wasn't paying enough attention.

8. metalrain

metalrain Member

Niantic has definitely rearranged some of the egg tiers around. A lot more 2KM hatchers now so they'll drop much more often from Pokestops.

9. Cpt.J.Sparrow

Cpt.J.Sparrow Member

Thank you all for the advice!

Thanks to the double candy event, I managed to fully evolve four 95+ IV pokemons. However, not one ended up with movesets I want. :(

10. metalrain

metalrain Member

If you don't mind waiting for the possibility of TM/HMs and/or move tutoring being introduced into the game, I'd hang onto them. I've got a few 90% IV and higher Pokémon with the second or third best DPS/moveset possible that I'm holding onto just in case.

11. SyN

SyN Member

just thought id share
    in the CBD here in hong kong theres lots of pokestops around
    last night some person seem to be able to use bots to plug modules into every single pokestop. Every pokestop module had a random generated playername and there were pokemon spawning nonstop :thumbup:
    could see 100-200 moduled stops around...

12. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

The lure action certainly has been good this event. If the weather hold ill head out out to Redcliffe later to try and rustle up a few more Dratinis.

13. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

Syn..not just in HK.. Botters have been doing this for a while... They just came back in force during this event.
    Just don't see all stops lured.. That's next level.

14. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Well the event has been pretty good to me. Highlights include:

- Hit lv32
    - Evolved my 3rd Gyarados. It was Twister but I now have all versions so its ok.
    - Caught 7 Dratini. In the space of one week I accumulated nearly 50% of the candies for my next Dragonite.
    - Caught 4 Chansy
    - Caught more other pink pokemon than I will ever have a need for
    - Hatched a Chansey
    - Hatched a Lapras

15. Hater

Hater Member

I can't play when people lure too much, causes the app to crash. Perils of playing on a 4S I guess, as my personal phone (SE) is fine with it.

Ah, the event. What did I gain?

A bunch of scnookums. Awesome.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  16. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

I assume everyone saw this interview with the CEO of Niantic?

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/art...iscussing-pokemon-go-with-niantics-john-hanke

These include monster trading and player-versus-player battles. These are on the way, says Hanke, who adds that if the servers hadn't been so sketchy at launch, at least one of them would already be out there, likewise a gym battle system, supplementing what he feels is a "rudimentary" version of the game they envisioned.

17. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

The Pokémon GO Pokédex Is Growing!

It's happening...

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/the-pokemon-go-pokedex-is-growing/

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  18. AMLagonda

AMLagonda Member

Too late, don't see anymore pokemon go players anymore, I feel relieved not worrying about poke stops anymore...

19. metalrain

metalrain Member

Yeah my Note 4 is starting to struggle now. Overheats and get FPS drops/slowdowns that it actually affects my ability to throw balls etc. Sometimes it goes from 60FPS all the the way to 1FPS. Still looking for a new phone that allows me to swap out the battery.

You should try getting eggs from elsewhere. There's some anecdotal evidence that shows certain Pokestops drop the same Pokemon Eggs all the time.

So they say "over 80" new Pokemon. Minus the Legendaries and Celebi and the already released babbies, that's about right. I've also got that feeling that Smeargle and Wobbuffet would be implemented later on once they figure out how they would fit in with the game meta, much like with Ditto.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  20. terrabyte

terrabyte Member

Didn't really realise this thread was here! I'm probably one of the few people who still play it! Encourages me to walk more etc. Thanks to the valentines day event I finally finished my regional gen1 pokedex (never seen a chansey until this). I finally like that they've started updating the rubbish you find on a general walk. My biggest gripe was that I could go for a ~5k walk through a local park with 3-4 pokestops and find nothign but two rattatas the whole time. Now at least there's more spawns of slightly more interesting stuff (finding nidorans, cubones etc.). Which I thought should have been more of the idea of the game, rather than just the clusters in the city, parks are a good alternative.