1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Go For IOS/Android

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by c0ldm3th0d, Jul 6, 2016.

1. SyN

SyN Member

so whats the point in cheating? sure seems like it would be fun for a while, but after the heaps of gold and top tier pokemon then what is there to look forward to?

2. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

Murkrow is completely useless.. Lots around.. Hard to catch.. Terrible cp, atk and can't even evolve..

3. SyN

SyN Member

annoying crows quite fitting really

4. metalrain

metalrain Member

It will if you wait for perhaps about 2 years time ;)

5. Stevros

Stevros Member

The next update? I havent quite finished the gen 1 pokedex. Still trying to get ahigh IV/CP snorlax & Dragonite. Once you start gps spoofing you realise how insanely rare that combo is. Ive had a lot of fun over the last 2 months and now that the update is out its awesome.

As far as gyms goes - this is where spoofing becomes really unfair and is part of the reason why i started to do it myself. In my area there are no people on the ground playing but shitloads spoofing.

6. metalrain

metalrain Member

So Nick Trainer Tips hatched a Grimer recently. Didn't know that was possible.

7. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

Level 33 day one player never spoofed.. Able to get multiple dragonites and snorlaxes without cheating.. Just a few lapras.

Am lucky to work between Sydney Olympic Park and pyrmont which have a great variety of mons and many stops for my breaks.

You don't need to cheat to get good ones.. Also live near water so lots of carps to grind through for an army of gyarados'.

8. Hetty

Hetty Member

I've never cheated either, used maps but no spoofing. I'm really annoyed about the recent spoofing, so many people with Blisseys in gyms because they just went around grabbing Chanseys in the last event. My two locals are full of people who have used GPS spoofing, so I don't have a chance.

My most annoying is Wooper. Sooo many of them and annoying to catch. Ledyba too.

Last night I took the dog out Pokemoning, put a lucky egg and incense on, ready to catch some new pokes and do a mass evolve, game crashed, assumed the lucky egg was still on (the incense was) did a heap of evolves of the new Pokemon, hatched 7 eggs, and.... the lucky egg wasn't working. Ugh!

9. metalrain

metalrain Member

Yeah, I think the hardcore players already knew how Godly Blissey was going to be so they just stocked up on them.

I myself only have a single Blissey and Chansey (which I caught two days ago), but both are only level 20 so definitely neither are gym worthy. Kinda regretting not getting out there and getting more of them when they were plenty of them around.

10. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Literally hatched one myself 10min ago. At best its my second but probably my first.

11. metalrain

metalrain Member

Must be an increased drop rate then? Cause I have only ever seen and captured a single Grimer, and that was in Japan. I know that Melbourne Pokemon Go map had a couple of Muks spawning though not too long ago. Matters little to me now since I've just spent all my buddied Grimer candies to get my first Muk.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  12. Hetty

Hetty Member

I hatched a Grimer yesterday. I have had a Muk for a while, walked to get the last 15 or so candies though.

13. mrjimmyc

mrjimmyc Member

I'm LVL 23. My biggest Pokemon is a Flareon I evolved. It's CP is only 1570. I caught my first and only Snorlax on Valentine's Day. Hatched an Aerodactyl from a 10k egg today. Apart from that though I don't have any of the rarer Pokemon like gyrados, Lapras etc. I really need to start reading up on how to get these 2-3k mons I see in gyms.

14. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

Do you live near a water biome? For gyarados you need to get at least 100 carps per..
    Dratini is water based too. The high cp ground that you can farm is Rydons..any nest near you?

Early on I dedicated alot of time to farm those..(before you could walk for candies) Before I knew what I was doing.. Now I know where to go past often on my way to and from work for a daily catch or few.. Consistency is pretty much key to this game.. Just grinding them out.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  15. SyN

SyN Member

I dont get it though, seems Blissey's HP is only slightly higher than Chansey and a marginal increase in defense. The huge CP boost seems to be attributed by the Attack state. They should still be able to taken down from the gym.

Chansey:
    Attack 60
    Defense 176
    Stamina 500

Blissey:
    Attack 129
    Defense 229
    Stamina 510

16. SyN

SyN Member

Still a newb, be patient! A Level 30 player would have about 5x your XP...

17. metalrain

metalrain Member

Problem is that people are trying to min-max prestige with weaker attackers so they time out. Common, high-CP, solid hitters like Rhydon, Gengar, Alakazam etc. should be enough to take them down with out much problem.

I've just caught two Larvitars and now have set my Pupitar I caught three days ago as a buddy so I can get my Tyranitar asap. That should be a decent Blissey counter. Good thing considering Adelaide seems to be natural biome for them too :)

18. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

One issue with Blissey is that you cant spend too much time dodging attacks otherwise you will run out of time. Because of this they can be resource expensive to battle.

19. SyN

SyN Member

i dont even bother dodging attacks unless its those huge hyperbeam moves

20. The Brad

The Brad Member

I know there are the regional FB groups but they also seem a bit full of douches... Are there enough people here that we could do state or city get-togethers?

I know I'll be spending time in Sydney and Brisbane this year, it would be cool to go places and hunt pokemon... I stayed in Brisbane for a weekend with my GF (on the river) and we walked 40km in 2 days - seeing all parts of the CBD, Valley, New Farm etc while the Halloween Event was on... That's why I like this game.

Of all the places I've been to catch Pokemon, Southbank in Brisbane was by far the best. Good weather at night, stacks of friendly people all out playing, just a good vibe.