Pokemon Go For IOS/Android

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by c0ldm3th0d, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

I hit L32 a few days ago and 750,000xp to the next level.. I hardly ever seem to get any revives from spins anymore and all my high-level dudes are maxed out so I basically can't use most of them for long periods of time. :/

When I head home from sport one or two nights a week I do a lap of the gyms in a nearby town and add myself to those I can, grab the coins in the morning but within a day or two I'm off most of them again. None of the Gen2 pokemon are particularly interesting either.

So, meh. Just seems a bit of a grind. I do the daily spin/catch but not much beyond that.

2. SyN

SyN Member

Ive just tried spoofing and I have to say its helping
    I dont have to stand outside and have GPS drifting in and out of range for gymming.
    I dont abuse it too much though, I only do it to save a few steps of walking. And I still only get 10coins per day..

3. Stevros

Stevros Member

Not many pokestops/pokemon near where I live compared to somewhere like Sydney CBD. The game is awesome for people who live near those areas, it sucks for those who don't.

Anyway,

The main street near where i work used to be an awesome hub for catching butloads of pidgeys to evolve and now that Gen 2 is out it seems like theres less pokemon all up and low level stuff is harder to catch which is really annoying. Used to hate all the pidgeys, now that theyre gone I miss them :lol:

4. Copie

Copie Member

Yes if they break on first shake of ball and flee that's a soft ban. You also can't access pokestop loot

5. metalrain

metalrain Member

After nearly eight months of playing the game, I finally saw and caught my first wild Dragonite.

[​IMG]

Not even mad though, this lil bitch was worth an easy 20 candies. Close to evolving and maxing out my best Dratini that I've been holding onto for a while or maybe get a couple of mediocre IV Dragonites but might wait a little longer for an even better candidate, while I farm up enough Stardust.

Speaking of Stardust, I've been spending it up for a big surprise for you guys. Soon... ;)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  6. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

Congrats

Better be a 3.4k tryanitar

7. metalrain

metalrain Member

Maaaaaaybe... :lol:

8. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

300 dratini candy...zzz..i got 6 after playing for 6 months zzzz

9. metalrain

metalrain Member

I've only recently discovered that Semaphore has a boat load of them up and down the Esplanade. I've been making the mistake of looking for them at Glenelg since release, which is much nearer for me, but yeah. Plus Pinap berries are crazy good at farming candies, especially for those rares and unusuals.

[​IMG]

Not quite 3400CP, but close enough :)

The moveset is apparently the worse for DPS, but I don't really care much since this one will mostly be a trophy Pokemon for me. One of my all time favourites out of the 800+ or so Pokemons so far.

10. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

Very nice... Lucky to average 1 larvitar a day around here.. Pretty rare compared to dratinis.

11. metalrain

metalrain Member

Definitely much more common around Adelaide than Dratinis, but getting those two low-level Pupitars fairly early plus with the Pinap berries meant I had a very good start for leveling up that bad boy.

12. Hater

Hater Member

My amount of Dratanis has gone through the roof, but I've only ever seen one wild lavitar

13. metalrain

metalrain Member

14. Hater

Hater Member

Munchlax event?

15. metalrain

metalrain Member

Munchlax is a generation 4 release, so I don't think that's happening for a while. Kabigon is the Japanese name for Snorlax, so it looks like there's going to be a whole bunch of them spawning at the designated event regions in Japan.

I wonder if Niantic will nerf Snorlax spawns everywhere else, like they did with the last Lapras event?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  16. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

The area for this event was hit by major earthquakes last year. So like the lapras event.. Aimed at luring people back and helping the recovery.

17. terrabyte

terrabyte Member

I still haven't even seen a larvitar :(. The area I live has a few ok spawns and only a couple of rarer ones. I ventured out to the CBD last Saturday but didn't get much of anything (except my first cyndaquil).

Is anyone else not getting eggs at the moment or is it just me? I haven't had any eggs drop from a pokestop in probably the last 20 spins, normally I have heaps!

18. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

That's nice :thumbup:

I caught mine wild last weekend and have been working on it ever since. I'll probably bump it up to 2800-2900 before moving onto a higher IV one.

[​IMG]

19. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

I have a non stop torrent of 5km eggs to share...

20. metalrain

metalrain Member

Ah, I guess that's why they made a note about avoiding construction zones.

That moveset has the highest DPS possible for Tyranitar I think, so you haven't done too badly as well. I'll be concentrating on restocking on Stardusts myself since I've been levelling a couple more Pokémon along side my Gojira.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017