Pokemon Go For IOS/Android

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by c0ldm3th0d, Jul 6, 2016.

1. metalrain

metalrain Member

Well the Water Festival event finishes soon so we'll be back to drowning in Snubbulls, Hoothoots and Pidgeys etc. instead of Magikarps flopping about and I still haven't encountered nor captured a shiny one, but I guess I had a good haul of consolation prizes;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I caught three perfect IV Magikarps (highest levelled which I evolved into pic related Gyarados) as well that perfect Lapras.

[​IMG]

Very interestingly as well, I caught my first Unown, "W", which seems even rarer than Dragonites and Tyranitars (see them on notifications on my trackers often enough). Also hatched my first Smoochum which means I'm only a Cleffa and an Elekid away from completing the Regional Pokédex.

Looking forward to the next event, what and when ever it is :)

2. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Good job catching the unown. I have heard that they are 20x rarer than Tyranitars. It's probably the one that i wont be able to get.

Any way no shinys for me but i did get 5 or 6 Lapras and a few 95%+ Magicarps

3. mrjimmyc

mrjimmyc Member

I finally caught a shiny Karp last night just before the event end. Was a crappy 55%er though. I saw a few people reporting catching shinys yesterday so maybe they jacked up the rate for the last day?

4. metalrain

metalrain Member

Yup. Like I've posted, I've seen plenty of Dragonites, Relaxos and the odd Blissey and Tyranitar pop up but so far just the single Unown. I usually have several local maps and trackers online on my laptop and phone ready to chase down any rares. So I was pretty excited when I finally got that Unown notification.

Definitely made the event feel much more fruitful for me.

I doubt it. I pretty much had Pokémon Go running on my phone non stop for the last 72 hours and caught nearly over 200 Magikarps during that period and no shiny for me. Nearly 600 Magikarp overall during the event so that's why I had over 3500 candies at one point.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  5. mrjimmyc

mrjimmyc Member

Yeah I went from under 100 to over 900 candies. Not near your level of dedication but whenever I was out of the house I was hunting that damn shiny.. glad I got him at the end there

6. metalrain

metalrain Member

Yeah it's pretty sad considering how much time and effort I'm putting into this mobile game haha

But hey at least I'm getting some exercise while playing it lol

7. mrjimmyc

mrjimmyc Member

Heh yeah. I walked 15km yesterday chasing that damn shiny Karp

8. Cpt.J.Sparrow

Cpt.J.Sparrow Member

Jesus, that lapras! :shock: Once powered up, should be able to tear through dragonites.

9. SpaceFrog

SpaceFrog Member

[​IMG]

Checked melpogomap at 5am and found double lapras 500m away. Had to go down some dodgy alleys though. Don't know if I would've done it at 1AM.

Good event. Should've taken advantage of it more. I think I caught 8 lapras' and have enough candy for 2 gyrados. But no shiny :(

First lapras caught was 107CP, and the last one 1925CP. Coincidentally lowest to high.

10. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

I got 5 lapras during the event (last night on a quick war drive), which is pretty woeful, I was at home the rest of the event time tho sick with the flu which was perfect timing :sick: :tired:

11. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Only had time to go out a few times for the event..pretty lacklustre tbh...just trash everywhere. The only highlight was I finally caught an onyx and an omanyte. Yes..pretty sad considering im nearly lvl 29 and only just caught these 2 zzzz.

I've hatched about 5 smoochums already :(....and already had 2 cleffas and a elekid. Thats about all I got on you....basically everything else(which is basically everything decent) you got and I dont have :(

12. Hetty

Hetty Member

My best catches were a 97 Lapras (Frost Breath/Blizzard) but only ~600cp, a 100 Magikarp, about 170CP, and my shiny Magikarp, which after getting so many candies I've decided I'll evolve it. It's not too bad, 84%. I used Pinap berries and have enough to evolve 3 karp now :)

13. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

Missed any shinies too.

lots of lapras.. but only IceBeams and Hydros at higher CP.. all my FB/B catches were low CPs.. sigh

14. Cpt.J.Sparrow

Cpt.J.Sparrow Member

For me, it was a lapras/magikarp candy event; saved me over 100km of buddying. The best thing I caught during the event was a 93% porygon, which I haven't seen since Valentine's event.

15. metalrain

metalrain Member

I guess I've been fortunate enough with my eggs hatching a few of the rarer more valuable ones like Dratini, Larvitar, Grimer, starters etc. but 5KM eggs where those babbies are akward for me because I tend to prioritise 2KM and 10KM eggs first.

Also working on the theory of hatching eggs from different locations because the local drops have tended to be fairly sucky.

I've had a couple disappointments in Pinecos and Mantines too but the good outweighs the bad right now for me :)

Yeah I'm tempted to level it up. I'm still holding and saving up my candies in hope for more news about what that developer blurted out a while back but now, I don't think that meant anything worthwhile.

Sitting on a stockpile of awesome Pokémon with lots of candies, like my Dragonites, Blisseys, Relaxos and now Gyarados and that Lapras, but I can never have enough Stardusts lol

16. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

At this stage i'm pretty sure it was just a throw away comment.

If we don't have an Easter event I think the next big one will be the 1st birthday anniversary of the game.

Personally all im interested in is double xp and or double stardust events.

17. metalrain

metalrain Member

I guess there's no rush for me to spend all my Stardusts and Candies since I already have all the Pokémon for gymming like Cloysters and Dewgongs for countering Dragonites etc. So I'll see what Easter will bring. Perhaps more Incubator drops and halved hatch distances again?

18. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Yeah some sort of egg hatching event would pretty much be mandatory. I guess we will find out in a few weeks.

Edit - Looks like my gym activity may get cut short. I'm either being encircled by a new and extremely large group of Instinct spoofers or the area is being targeted by bots. At this rate I would estimate two weeks before they have the entire area captured :(

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  19. Hetty

Hetty Member

I'm seeing instinct everywhere too. They used to be so rare, in my area I reckon it's half the gyms now.

20. Fatmantan

Fatmantan Member

That's because we dont give up!

All the casuals choose red and blue :Pirate:

I'm surrounded by red though :(