Pokemon Go For IOS/Android

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by c0ldm3th0d, Jul 6, 2016.

1. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Yeah they are rolling out new gyms/ stops at the moment based in Ingress submissions and approvals. They are supposed to be prioritizing rural/ remote areas.

Nothing new near me :(

2. metalrain

metalrain Member

Most amazing thing happened today, local gyms all went Instinct for a couple of hours, I was getting ready, charging my phone etc. to go out there and represent, but as soon as I layered up, all gone. Went back to level 10 Mystic.

All because I spent about 30 minutes of trying to find my favourite thermal socks :(

Was going to drop in a couple of my Relaxos and two Dragonites I've recently evolved...

3. Cpt.J.Sparrow

Cpt.J.Sparrow Member

Wow! Never seen/caught so many larvitars in a day!

4. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

That explains the stops that just popped up that weren't there yesterday.

5. Cpt.J.Sparrow

Cpt.J.Sparrow Member

Dang, the crazy larvitar spawn rate must be toned down now.

It was like the insane initial dratini spawns at the beginning of the water event.

6. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Yeah im bummed I missed it. From the sounds of things they made the same mistake as they did with Dratini. Next time ill know to get up early :lol:

7. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

I saw the dratini one on maps but missed the larvitar one :(

8. metalrain

metalrain Member

Haven't played much with the event but I have seen a few Larvitars on nearby/sightings. Should have another Tyranitar (or two :p) in a week :)

9. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Ive never seen a wild lav..only got 2 from 10km eggs. Havent gone out and tried the event yet..problay wont bother..my go plus is still fukked so that is basically all the interest I had with the game gone.

10. metalrain

metalrain Member

I've seen a few more Larvitars and Pupitars compared to Dratinis and Dragonairs since gen 2, but strangely enough, I've seen more Dragonites than Tyranitars.

It has to because of my local biomes.

11. nibennett

nibennett Member

no Larvitars / Tyranitars for me today but did get the last kings rock I needed to now have a living pokedex of gen 1 & gen 2 for South Australia (233 different pokemon)

12. metalrain

metalrain Member

I didn't catch a single Larvitar but a lot of Kabuto and Sudowoodo tonight. Did get a few easy Tyranitar candies though. Up to about 400km walked with him.

13. Hetty

Hetty Member

I'm walking with Flaafy so I can evolve it, apart from Corsola that's my last Pokemon left. I'll get Corsola when we go up north during the holidays (going for a holiday, not for Corsola specifically lol). It's annoying though, I haven't hatched any Mareep and so I still have 70 candies to go. I had Dragonite on for extra candies and stocked up on those, should be fine to upgrade when I gain another level, which I really need to do. I got a maxed out 100IV Dragonite into a gym today, 3300CP and at the bottom of the gym.

14. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

I went to Southbank to spin some stops to make the most of increased item drop rates. I came away with 50+ useful potions. Im going to have to go gym building tomorrow. I need to burn off some of my 270+ revives :wired:

I also scored 6 10km eggs over 2hrs. Im seriously looking forward to all of the Pineco candys :p

Dam... all Dragonites/ Tyranitars I assume. Im in a few gyms that start out at around 3k but 3.3k would still get you to the top 3rd of the gym

15. Hater

Hater Member

I candied all of my Lavitars - Tyranatar is a shitmon. High CP but easy to kill. I rate Magnaton above it!

16. Cpt.J.Sparrow

Cpt.J.Sparrow Member

Tyranitar is a good generalist attacker that eats snorlax and psychic pokemons for breakfast.

Magneton is an electric/steel glass cannon.

17. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

We had a fat round rock boy (looked like a rock basketball) today in a Gym and it was so hard for the first round - killed 1.5 of my t00ns.

Late Edit: Graveler

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  18. Hater

Hater Member

My realm is Snorlax, Dragonite, Garados, Blissey and Rhydon. There are literally no other 'mon in the gyms here, and if there are they're like 2000cp and get blown away to hell

So Machamp, Lapras, Garados and Magnaton are king. My Magnaton cuts through Garados quicker than my 100iv Jolteon...

Jolteon carves up Vaporeon quicker though.

I also use my Eggsecutor a lot - Solar beaming Rhydon is wholesome fun

There must be a reason why Magnaton absolutely blows Garados away? Maybe because biting steel isn't very effective

19. Hetty

Hetty Member

Yes. I'm now powering up a 95IV Tyranitar so I can have something higher CV, people around here (or person, who knows) keep going around and knocking the last poke out of a gym then leaving. Need more stardust though.

20. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

You will get a good CP out of that. At lv35 my 98% Tyranitar is just under 3500. Dust is certainly the eternal problem. With species limitations coming up I have been spending all of mine working on some uncommon gym sitters.