Pokemon Go For IOS/Android

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by c0ldm3th0d, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Damn. I've got a single zapdos and articuno. Nothing else :(

2. Hater

Hater Member

I have a 78 and an 81. I want a powerful maxed Zaptos but I really can't be arsed to go look for more...

3. Hetty

Hetty Member

Meanwhile in Japan....[​IMG]

4. metalrain

metalrain Member

Aww man I was hoping for Niantic to give us at least one week break from these Ledgie Raids...

And on other news, I caught 6 out of 9 Zapdos today (failed that last two because of game/network errors). Best was a 14/15/15 1895CP, that's 97.8%, just one IV point from being absolutely perfect :(

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  5. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

Got 1 Zappy tonight, did three raids, first was a Lugia, which we beat but my game screwed up and when I reloaded it I didnt get the bonus challenge which sucks. Second was a zappy I didnt catch, then caught the zappy on the third raid.

Theres rumors going around all day that you need to catch all the birds and Lugia in order to be able to get Mewtwo.

I'm not sure if that will be confirmed as legit or debunked but I saw mewtwo screengrabs from Japan so mewtwo is definitely happening soon.

edit: yeah thats the screengrab i saw.

6. Hetty

Hetty Member

Makes sense about catching all three bids - they're all out this morning so people who missed one or two have another chance.

7. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Interesting that Mewtwo is going to be an exclusive raid. To get an invite I guess you need to raid as much as possible in as many gyms as possible.

8. Hetty

Hetty Member

You need to have beat a raid boss in the particular gym it spawns in to get an invite, apparently. Spawns will need to be pretty common though, otherwise no one will get one.

9. metalrain

metalrain Member

Yeah seems like they're rewarding those who have been raiding rather than making it open to everyone.

It's a great way for them to encourage people to get out there especially with the Legendary Birds released so far being extended until the 31st of this month.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  10. AERO

AERO Member

out most of today, not one lugia raid in albury/wodonga all day.. im really disappointed

11. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Scored a Articuno and Moltress today. It was good :thumbup:
    I'm now well over half way through lv37 now. The best thing about these legendary raids is that my weekly XP intake has risen to over 200k.

All going well ill hit lv38 in approximately 5 weeks.

12. metalrain

metalrain Member

Taking a break from Ledgie raids to hit up the Pikachu nest at Bonython Park and lo and behold!

[​IMG]

Only 40% IVs, but I'll take it. My first shiny :D

13. Hater

Hater Member

Damn, little guy looks like he's just spent 40 minutes in a spray tan booth

14. metalrain

metalrain Member

Reminds me of that early 2000's craze of orange girls haha

15. SyN

SyN Member

damn!! does it appear orange in the minimap or in the ball-throw screen?

16. metalrain

metalrain Member

Unfortunately, shinyness isn't revealed until you tap on them and it is randomized for every player, just like Magikarp/Gyarados before :(

Must hit about 100 or so Pikas at the nest before Sparkles showed up!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  17. Agg

Agg Administrator

Just ducked out to a nearby raid and picked up my first Articuno. 1/15 for those now. :)

BTW, is there any penalty for powering up past 3000CP now? I know for a while there 3000+CP mons would decay really fast in gyms but now it seems everything decays that fast. So I'm thinking of burning up a few of these rare candies on maxing out my high-end guys.

18. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

No specific penalty any more. Currently everything will be redlining or close to it after 8hrs.

My only recommendation would be to keep some rare candy and stardust aside for mewtwo as he is supposed to be super powerful.

19. Hater

Hater Member

On reflection, the little guy actually is a little girl...

20. metalrain

metalrain Member

Excuse me, but did you just assume xer's gender??? :lol:

Yeah I actually don't want to evolve her because I think that love heart tail looks cute. the docked one as Raichu is just odd.

Aye, congrats! Should also note that even missed Ledgie Raids count as completed so when Mewtwo is released for the rest of the world, you should get invites for all those 14 other raids. Assuming you defeated it of course :)

I'm pretty sure that all Pokémon decay at the same percentage rate overall with regards to CP/Motivation, now. It used to be that 2,999 and lower had nearly upto 10 times lower rate of decay but it's all the same across the board.

The only thing to watch is that remote feeding is less effective as you get further away from the gym.

So if you want to last longer, put in your stronger defensive Pokémon and stuff 'em full of Golden Razz Berries. I have high level Snorlax and Blissey all over the city and usually last more than a day or two now.