Pokemon Go For IOS/Android

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by c0ldm3th0d, Jul 6, 2016.

1. metalrain

metalrain Member

Kinda her fault though. Person that initially asked her if she needed help had already caught Mewtwo, so he knew what he was doing.

2. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

Kyogre out.. Hard to throw.far back and moves side to side.. Lucky to get a 93% on the last throw after missing 3 on 9.

3. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

damn another bastard to catch then

4. metalrain

metalrain Member

Yeah it's horrible. Only did the one today and caught it too, but I missed 3/10 throws. couldn't even land an Excellent.

5. Agg

Agg Administrator

I'm 1/2 with Kyogre, caught one today. It does that sideways move right after its attack animation sometimes which messes up the timing. But it's in the 'dex now..

6. metalrain

metalrain Member

YEEEEE BOOOOOOOIIII!

Finally got another EX Raid Pass for the 24th, at the same gym as my first EX Raid. But most importantly, this time on my main account :leet::leet::leet:

7. Stevros

Stevros Member

Only just revisted the game the other day because my friends kids were interested. Looks like a lot of changes. What level are most people? I don’t think ive seen a single person playing in my area. Those of you who are attending raids with other people around – are you guys in major cities?

8. metalrain

metalrain Member

Yeah these last few updates have been the most intense and exciting, especially with the generation 3 Pokemon. I think there's a few of us here that are at least level 38 and higher (I'm 39), but I honestly don't play as much as I used to. In fact, my Datel Go-tcha is probably playing the game for me more at the moment :Paranoid: I'm in Adelaide and I mostly play in the CBD, when I'm working (hence the Go-tcha) and we do have a fairly active Pokemon GO community here, on Facebook and Discord.

9. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

Im 1/1 on kyogre and im finding the dratini spawn nurfing is killing my interest bad

10. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

Just an observation on whale catching... so far 5/6.
    Its not actually further than Groudon.. its closer but smaller in target circle, also a lower target due to not standing up like Groudon and moves side to side.

It also have a much quicker reattack animation which catches me out after getting used to Groudon's long animation sequence.
    Been lucky with my Kyogre catches.. non caught on excellent only 1 on Great throw.

11. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Yay. Got my Mew2. It only came in at 75% but at least I can now clear my rare candies. Ill sit on it for a month. If I don't get another pass I might power it up.

12. AERO

AERO Member

some locals are 4/4 for mewtwo for albury/wodonga raids, they are only gold in 1-4 gyms, im gold in 21 gyms but still no ex raid pass, think they have a list of the gyms that ex are avaliable on. no idea how they got that. got 1/1 on my main for new raid but 0/1 on my second account. thats ok though

13. metalrain

metalrain Member

If you open up Open Street Maps, there is a way to find which gyms are eligible for EX Raids. They're usually in areas tagged/marked as "leisure=park" (parklands etc.), though if even gym are in those eligible parklands, the actual gym itself might be based on a monument or another specific tag which in my experience discounts them.

Our most popular local War Memorial "monument" gym in a "leisure=park" has several raids a day and high-rate of turn over (and I've Golded it a long time ago) but hasn't had any EX Raids.

Even a 0% IV Mewtwo is still a beast (though 66.7% is the minimum from a raid). I would still power that sucker up as it's an awesome generalist attacker. The one I already have is awesome as a fill-in counter I am missing for any battle.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  14. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

another still pending a Mewtwo... not holding my breath.

15. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

From all accounts 90%+ catch it so you chances are pretty good. You just need to control the nerves I had a few really sloppy throws.

16. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

Just need to get an invite first :D

17. metalrain

metalrain Member

Eggheads at TSR have been "researching" EX Raid Gyms since they were a thing.

There's also the whole thing about S12 Level 20 cells etc. and another nerdy stuff but that seems all very relevant too...

Again, from my experience of getting two EX Raid Passes now, cheese those OSM leisure=park gyms, even T1 raids, because you never know... Best to do it with at least 3 high-level accounts, but the more the merrier.

18. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

yes .. i'm on TSR and to be honest.. not chasing it that hard to go after specific gyms based on those critieas.

I have two known EX gyms that is either close to my work or easy to get to .. and i do raid there when I can. Just haven't gotten lucky yet.

I'm not bothering to chase more gyms beyond these.

19. nibennett

nibennett Member

I'm level 39 also in Adelaide, out in Salisbury so raid most places in the north of Adelaide. (Between about Pooraka and Elizabeth for those South Australians)
    Fremont park one of the hotspots for ex-raids in Adelaide is quite active with pokemon go currently. On the weekend there would have been hundreds of people raid the gyms there hoping for an ex-pass.
    Even tier 1-3 raids were having 15+ people at them. A gym over the road (So not possible for ex-raids as not within the tagged area of the park) had over 80 people do the kyogre raid that popped up there.

20. metalrain

metalrain Member

You Norf folks have been stealing some of our Western suburbs raiders! Even some of my former CBD raiders exclusively raid at Fremont now... :(

Fair enough. I haven't really myself, though I've barely put much effort, I've been lucky enough to get my two EX Raids Passes.

I guess RNG can be a bit of a bitch sometimes...