Pokemon Go For IOS/Android

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by c0ldm3th0d, Jul 6, 2016.

1. gloonk

gloonk Member

yeah caught quite a few. nothing special iv wise.
    shiny steelix is what I'd like.
    Another non useful com day mon coming on saturday. as usual Ill end up getting 3 and instead of quitting there I'll end up in a shiny frenzy and catch more than I can ever possibly hope to use and fill up my bag space even more :/

sir_bazz likes this.
  2. sir_bazz

sir_bazz Team Papparazi

Still no shiny Cresselia but have only been doing one or two a day across two accounts.

Did get lucky with an Onix today though, and finally a pink monkey on the alt so a good start for the new event.

gloonk likes this.
  3. gloonk

gloonk Member

shiny anorith this arvo. didnt bother with the 1 hour raid event
    *edit - 7 and 6 shiny slakoths on both accts. evolved a 98 non-shiny. caught my second anorith and a lileep shiny today.
    just took my cuz to her first 5 tier and she got a shiny cresselia. :)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  4. SpaceFrog

SpaceFrog Member

Haven't checked in on this thread for a while.

So caught a shit tonne of snorlaxes, nothing to brag about. But we traded them like crazy, and I ended up with 2X 98IV (1 lucky & 1 normal)

I did as many raids as time permitted on the pre-lapras raid pass giveaway. And nabbed a Shiny Aerodactyl on the Saturday.
    Lapras Day was bananas. We managed to do 34 Raids in Brunswick all on foot. I participated in every raid, Failed to catch 2 due to rushed throws & pinaps. Out of the 34 raids I only netted 1 shiny.

But then craziest thing happened. 7 Day Shiny Streak! Gotcha caught a carterpie immediately after an evening raid, which I didn't notice til around midnight Monday. Tuesday: Cresillea, Wednesday: hatched a Makuhita, Thursday, Gotcha caught a Murkrow on the morning commute. And the Kicker. Friday night raid train netted me an Alolan Marowak !!! (My second one).

Got 15 Shiny Slakoths, no hundos :( not even from trades. But I don't want my highest CP mon to be a slakoth, and If I got the hundo... I'd probably max it.

Rock event has been good, managed to get all the new shines, but with a late start. Racked up a lot of Ks. Lucky Dex getting filled. Only regret is that I didn't spin more new stops. I suppose If I get desperate I could head out tonight and drive/ride around and let the gotcha go crazy.

gloonk likes this.
  5. gloonk

gloonk Member

great event so far. seen bugger all horseas but the best thing is the amount of spawns that have a shiny chance. 6 shinys for the day! 2 wailmers, drifloon, horsea, psyduck and sandshrew :)
    edit -second shiny horsea this morn

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    SpaceFrog likes this.
  6. SpaceFrog

SpaceFrog Member

6 shinies in one day? That's insane!

I think I got 5 across the whole event. Managed to add horsea and Sandshrew to the shiny dex. Was hoping to add a few more, most notably Psyduck & Snubbul. Sableye would've been nice too.

I was loving the increased spawns, then they dropped off yesterday :(

7. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Crazy weekend for Shiny hunting. Friday especially so when overall odds were boosted. I got:
    Sandshrew
    Sableye
    Togepi
    Cubone
    Lileep
    Horsea x3
    Drifloon
    Swinub

gloonk likes this.
  8. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

I only got one misdreavus all event.. shiny odds were supposedly good at the very beginning, and they got nerfed after the first day.
    My only real free time to play was at the end, the wost time thanks to event decay and bad odds.

I saw plenty of horsea and other mons, but wasnt lucky

9. AEKaBeer

AEKaBeer Member

Azzmcm and rainbash account holders. I'm planning on opening our gifts for UF tomorrow. Did you want me to hold off or schedule a time so you can get extra XP as well?

On the subject of shinys I was asking my missus what colour the shiny magicarp was before she evolved it a couple of years ago. A few hours later I caught her a second one lol.

10. sir_bazz

sir_bazz Team Papparazi

Just a Misdreavus and Geodude both caught wild. Then two Cresselias from raids and a Lugia from the research breakthrough which kinda made up for the lean pickings from the event.

All new entries for my lucky dex.

Looking forward to Kyogre cause I only have one shitty one at the moment. And then Raikou coming up as well.

Edit: Shiny Kyogres for the main and alt were taken care of during raid hour yesterday.
    Also got a Hundy on the main earlier in the afternoon.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    gloonk likes this.
  11. gloonk

gloonk Member

no luck with catching anything decent during raid hour. definitely looking forward to the raid train for Raikou on sat tho :)
    edit - totally not stoked that mudkip ( which in itself is not exciting ) comm day is on a sunday and starts at 4pm :/

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    sir_bazz likes this.
  12. SpaceFrog

SpaceFrog Member

So looks like I'm going to Japan. Got an email this morning to claim tickets for the Yokohama event. Was dreading it cos I didn't know who to invite and if I could take leave. Still have to clear it with my 2nd boss. Luckily a 2nd member of the raid group got the same email. So now we might add people who are maybe available to go. Or I can open up my invites to my entire friends list.

Feeling more excited now, will want to make it a proper holiday. Never been to Japan before.

gloonk and sir_bazz like this.
  13. gloonk

gloonk Member

Well interesting arvo. caught 4 shiny Raikous from 36 raids. A girl in the car had a shiny flee from her after hitting it 4 times with great throws. Also caught my first shiny (non-alolan) rattata

14. SpaceFrog

SpaceFrog Member

Our group started the day early cos of the special research. Everyone went off in their own directions, eventually meeting up for a raid or trades.

We had rubbish weather, so we had to resort to car raiding. After a bit of tension with our 11 person raid group, we hired a 7 seater car for the event. And managed to split into two self sufficient raid crews. We did 23 raids, the last 6 were done on foot, entering the last lobby with 29 seconds to spare. I got 4, a few people got 5 and one lucky lady got 6. I was very happy with the way it went overall. We did 34 raids on foot on Lapras day so numbers were down, but everyone in the car got multiple shinies and we were able to stretch our legs for the last 30 mins

Our driver also suffered from the shiny not staying in the ball. This happens when the game feels that you're exceeding the speed limit, or moved too far from the gym, can be triggered by a go plus or gotcha. It was our first weatherboosted shiny. So we pulled over, handed the phone to our expert. I believe he turned off location services, waited 30 seconds, then threw another ball to catch it.

Did alot of shiny checks before raikou raids, didn't get anything. And then my gotcha picks up a shiny alolan rat at 9pm!

15. gloonk

gloonk Member

thing was with the girl whos fled, we were stopped, had been for a few minutes, because there are 3 gyms close to each other.. She does have a gotcha tho.....thnx. might be the issue.

edit - update, there was another girl who also had a gotcha on and the ball was bouncing off of shinys. So we have now found the culprit. thank you :)

edit - arrrghhhh. this event is doing my head in. shinyless :(

edit - so finally got a shiny alolan today. a geodude. wow that took some time. people i know have been cleaning up with mutliple exeggutors ( which i would love) and rats, but the the rng alolan gods are not on my side it would seem. But that being said, today was a good day. got two of the new nidoran shinys and caught an eevee lol. also my son gave me another of his shiny caterpies ( he has caught 6 now and given me 3)in exchange for a shiny zigzagoon so i now have the full set of them :)

edit - so another good day. Many, many event research tasks done yesterday and today but from around the 50 tasks done, only netted one shiny which was a scyther that I didnt have so that was good. First raid today got me a shiny alolan marowak. then I got a shiny alolan rat followed by a shiny normal rat, my 2nd so i can evolve now. then i got my third shiny nidoran so Ive now got the entire family of those.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  16. SpaceFrog

SpaceFrog Member

The shinies have been flowing crazy for our group. The crazy thing, Someone started a baby account last Sunday after borrowing an old iphone 6. She completed the catch up research task, and was already at level 20 before midday. She's currently on level 30 after one week of play and netted 23 shinies! also getting 2 shiny groudons, and some high IV ones.

Niantic must have increased shiny rate for low level accounts?

I'm so tempted to start another account. I'm rather opposed to it, because I have my head down at my phone too much already, and with 2 phones it will absolutely drain my life. But the power levelling is sooo tempting....

Already looking at second phones.... Gonna check in the phone repair dude today and see what he can do an iphone 5S for, otherwise an oppo AX5s has been highly recommended, should be able to get one for around $200

How long is the catch up research around for? And when do we get double xp

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  17. gloonk

gloonk Member

don't think the levels have been increased for lower levels, weve had quite a few newcomers come to our group in the last week, and want to know why they aren't getting shinys. :)
    Might be wrong, but shes probably just super lucky :) 23 shinys is pretty insane in a week. a girl in our group has probably netted 15ish.
    Def get a second phone though. my alt account is at lvl37 and has scored me quite a few shinys. also good for trading for luckys and battling.
    Are you going to the Japan event SpaceFrog ? that would be so cool.
    also if you don't want 2 phones look at the Xiaomi 3. massive screen and you can play 2 accounts at the same time~$300
    also after an iphone 5s for maps. hmu if you have one. link below
    https://forums.overclockers.com.au/threads/wtb-iphone-5s.1267835/

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  18. SpaceFrog

SpaceFrog Member

Yep, going to Yokhoama Go Fest :)

Must have been just a lucky week. I caved in and bought an Optus Oppo AX5s from Wollies for $199. Great phone for the price. A little laggy when throwing the ball, I might try and see If I can tweak some settings. Started a new account on Tuesday arvo, and was level 25 before I saw anyone from the Raid group. Was having a blast knocking down red gyms, with my 500CP geodude. Finished the jump start research last night, and got to 28. I do enjoy questing, I wish there was a way to replay them. No insane shiny rates for me. I wonder if it has anything to do with gym battling? Maybe I spend too much time standing around at gyms, and not moving and shiny checking. I suspect that's how my friend got 23 shinies. My main today has netted 3 shininies before lunch :) All with the go-tcha. I ended up ordering a 2nd go-tcha. I want a spare charger, and I can't get my old go-plus to work. It pairs, but when you connect it, it does 3 quick red flashes/vibrations , and repeats for a total of 3 sets.

Why do you need a 5S for maps? as in just a web browser? or a scouting account for rare sightings?

19. gloonk

gloonk Member

Need the 5s for bot which does iv/rare scanning. got a 100iv rattata and a 0iv pikachu from said bot today. also have two more phones which scan for raids/eggs hatching and tells us what tasks are available at gyms.
    did 43 raids for entei today. got a hundo and 5 shinys. one guy got a shundo.