1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Go For IOS/Android

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by c0ldm3th0d, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

Evolve your highest ones?

2. BuzzPuppy

BuzzPuppy Member

Yes please! I trust your handiwork

3. hvalac

hvalac Member

Well after reading about some of the pokemon people have eben catching and encountering, my pokemon don't really seem all that special too me anymore:upset:

Current highest are CP408 Golbat and CP483 Pidgeot.

I've tried doing some gyms in my area because the pokemon i've seen so far are quite inferior but my POS ZTE budget phone lags like a mofo whilst in a battle..... That's if my gps doesn't just decide "oh, hard work..... dead".

Quite infuriating.

EDIT:It's also meant to be storming this whole weekend and I have to say I do feel a bit dodgy driving around to the poke stops to get my balls but I fear I'll have to.

4. cesario

cesario Member

Not sure if its a bug or meant to be but on your near by pokemon list, if you see a pokemon without the foot prints to indicate distance, you can press it and it will instantly spawn in the area, so far iv caught a dozen eevees and squirtles from it

5. afcca

afcca Member

Went for a walk this morning and picked up a few boring things, came across a gym with a 15cp Catterpie so I thought what the hell I'll give it a go.

I didn't figure out what I was doing until my 190cp Pidgeotto was almost dead D:

There really should be a tutorial for this bloody thing, so much I don't understands :lol:

6. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

No footprints mean they're within catching range, so yeah sounds normal.

7. afcca

afcca Member

8. hvalac

hvalac Member

9. OP
    OP
    c0ldm3th0d

c0ldm3th0d Member

lunch time today i go to look at the nearest pokestop and what do i see a lure, the chick that dropped it gives me the nod and we start catching and chatting, all of a sudden a group of kids rock up on push bikes and are having a go, a lure really isnt for pokemon, its for humans bwahahahaha

10. Speaker4TheDead

Speaker4TheDead Member

Annoying that the settings do not stick.. Like for sound /power/vibration and list order preference.

11. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Pokemon go is like tinder for muggers.

12. Krossceeper

Krossceeper Member

13. Asteroid

Asteroid Member

Bicycle gangs! :shock:

14. afcca

afcca Member

[​IMG]

911 call in the states.

15. BuzzPuppy

BuzzPuppy Member

So, let me paint you a picture with a good-deed at the end.

I'll be volunteering at PAXAus in November as an Enforcer but will be getting around in my "The Division" agent get-up. Except for the glowing orange bits, I went walking around in it to see how it fits when moving, looking for Pokemon on foot in my dodgy suburb.

I spied a black VS Commodore ute, toolbox open in the tray, doors open and looking like it's been ransacked. It's 11pm and I decided to knock on the door of the house.

A burly bloke answered, none too impressed and suspiciously asked me "what do YOU want...?" as he stopped and elevatored me with my getup.

He was quite thankful and relieved in the end. He had to fix a leaking tap and went to his ute to get tools but forgot about locking it up in his rush.

"What are you doing out this late mate?"

I just replied "going for a walk", grinned, turned heel and left as I captured a 250+ CP Golbat next door.

16. cesario

cesario Member

I saw some kid get into trouble by police for trying to take a pic of a pokemon while hanging over a small bridge, he was going for the 'extreme catch' pic... stupid little tool
    Pics arnt as cool when they're being faked

17. afcca

afcca Member

Anyone know of a way (other than simply changing it in the settings for the phone) to get the phone to stay awake while the game is open and only while it is open? GPS dropping off and not being able to notify me annoys the hell out of me.

18. hvalac

hvalac Member

How can you actually tell if there is a lure at a poke stop?
    Will it appear different on the map or do you physically have to go down to it and check it out?

19. supernom

supernom Member

I think it has purple flowers/leaves around it/ontop of it/everywhere

20. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

If it has pink/purple confetti raining down everywhere around it, it has been lure'd.

I've so far hatched 2 eggs - 1x 5km, 1x 2km. The 5km egg hatched a Cubone, whilst the 2km a FUCKING ZUBAT! Not as if we don't have half a million of them already (alongside Doduos)...

Also encountered a wild Bulbasaur which felt like a rare moment. It was loitering in a neighbour's front garden.