Pokemon Go For IOS/Android

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by c0ldm3th0d, Jul 6, 2016.

1. metalrain

metalrain Member

You poor thing, I feel for you haha

Impressive, though a shame about being part of the wrong team...

[​IMG]

Mine definitely isn't as impressive, I make do with what I have. CBF doing any gyms at the moment since they are all level 10s now. Just collecting for fun right now :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  2. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Nice. I would love to get your daily stardust reward ;)

In the past I wouldn't bother trying to get into a gym unless the gap was 2k-3k. Now im eyeing off level 8 and 9 gyms that need several thousand points to level up. Its a shame valor gyms are few around my end of town except for the local few that I maintain.

3. metalrain

metalrain Member

4. sir_bazz

sir_bazz Team Papparazi

Haven't got the update yet but did get the daily bonus.

Looks like it ticks over at 10:00am AEDST each day.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  5. Fatmantan

Fatmantan Member

Pokestops no longer spin at speed?

6. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

Just got my first "first catch of the day" bonus.

7. sir_bazz

sir_bazz Team Papparazi

Updated the client to 45.0 after posting above and got the second day bonus.

8. r3s

r3s Member

Love my team, have a group with 60+ people in it, we have local barbeques at parks and then head off to gym battle together usually once a week, then the locals maintain their area, when you have 10 people attacking a gym simultaneously the defenders don't even get their charge moves off :D

My Local area is generally 6 gyms at L10 Mystic, those pesky bananas came through last Wednesday and knocked 4 of them down, the locals mobilised and replaced them with L10 Mystic the following night :)

Your 1000 pokemon limit seems a bit of a waste ;)

I was fine with 450 for a long time, then boosted it to 600 when i needed to, then i purged a whole bunch of rubbish and am way lower again :)

9. metalrain

metalrain Member

I had been candying everything bar one per species before but now I'm hoarding everything. So I'll probably fill up my 1,000 limit soon enough haha

People are reporting that Pokéstops aren't spinning when moving more than 10 miles per hour. That's a shame imho. Seems like Niantic is trying really hard to railroad people into a very specific and limited way of playing this game. The exact opposite that video game developers should be doing. Somebody in the Dev team must really, REALLY hate fun.

Anyway, I got my first Pokémon daily bonus via my Go Plus, so was a little surprised when that 600XP popped up at the trainer/buddy icon on the bottom left hand of the screen. Still no client update so these daily bonuses must be a server side update.

10. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Just got my second "first catch of the day" bonus... today :thumbup:

11. metalrain

metalrain Member

I still haven't updated the game yet just caught a Paras and the same thing happened, another first catch of the day bonus, must be a bug.

12. sir_bazz

sir_bazz Team Papparazi

Man there's mon's everywhere and pokestops are on drugs but damn it's much, much harder to raise gym prestige now.

I don't like it. :mad:
    Gyms were already hard enough to hold with everything in the attackers favour. Now it's worse.

13. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Yeah there have been swarms of them around my suburb. A good variety too. I have caught a few that I haven't seen in the wild before.

Speaking of gyms I just lost one very long held gym this afternoon and it will be near impossible to rebuild as its a train station... too many people loitering and "having a go"

I understand why they changed the balance of gym battles. As annoying as it will be to fight for every days reward having huge numbers of level 10 gyms that haven't changed hands for weeks/ months makes entry into the game much harder.

14. metalrain

metalrain Member

They definitely have noticed a stagnation in the exchanges of gyms. That in turn may show down their potential income as people just get their coins on a regular basis. I think that's the biggest reason for them to rebalance the gym system.

0.45.0 update for Android and the iOS version should be live for everyone now. Game feels like it runs smoother and everything a lot quicker. Big shame about not being able to spin stops even while as a passenger tho...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  15. Stevros

Stevros Member

Gyms should be insanely hard to hold, otherwise the game is only fun for the top 5% of people who have the time to grind to a high level. Im only level 22 and i pretty much ignore gyms as theres no way i can take over one or even level one up. Its a super rare occasion where i can ever have a pokemon in a gym, its totally shit.

16. AMLagonda

AMLagonda Member

Thats right, people around me have had gyms for weeks and we cant stop them, now we have a chance.

17. HSV

HSV Member

This whole no spinning pokestops while driving thing is going to be shitty for me and my disabled son who can pretty much only play in the car while I'm driving around...

18. SyN

SyN Member

if you are moving at under 10kmph towards the pokestop then it should register as walking not driving by?

19. sir_bazz

sir_bazz Team Papparazi

Using type advantage to knock out one at a time makes it pretty easy even if you're 5 or so levels below the gym defenders. Infact it's actually advantageous to be a lower level than the defenders when you're the attacker as the prestige drops much quicker.

I've found that ultimately it's just a potion battle where he with the most potions gains control. So having a big bag and spinning as many pokestops as you can is the key to gym battling.

The hard part is hanging onto gym because no matter what you put in to defend them, the attacker always has a 6 v 1 advantage, (plus faster attacks and the ability to dodge), against the bottom defender.

20. HSV

HSV Member

Don't think the cars around me would like that :) we normally get them on the way to appointments etc.