Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee

Discussion in 'Nintendo Consoles' started by MrBS, May 30, 2018.

1. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

I already pre-ordered via EB shortly after it was announced. I'm probably within my rights to demand refund and go to JB, but I committed enough to EB in this instance to followthrough.

2. azzachaz

azzachaz Member

Amazon have delivered and it's waiting for me at home. Gonna get stuck in tonight!

3. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

I picked up mine from World Square EB, along with the charging dock for the Pokeball. I couldn't be fussed price matching in the end. The staff were overwhelmed as the store was busy at lunch so I didn't want to piss them off. I've worked in retail and empathised with them.

They told me I was one of only a few people who managed to get the charging dock. It sold like hotcakes, and the site delisting was due to fulfilment of demand, and implied it was the only batch they were going to get, so me finding out about it and getting it was luck of the draw.

4. asho444

asho444 Member

just picked up mine, apparently i was the only one to price match JB for $59 so winning, just couldnt justify an extra $50 for the ball, as much as the kids would have loved it! now to shelf it for xmas :upset:

5. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

OK, so you can only play with 1 joycon. The game will not recognise the dual joycon controller thing. On top of that, you can only play either a joycon OR the pokeball plus (if you have it). You can interchange in the game, but can't use both at any given time.

6. azzachaz

azzachaz Member

When i'm playing handheld the pokeball is still 'activated'. I can use either at the same time and they work.
    Pokeball is currently attached to my backback with Wartortle coming for a 'stroll' during my commute to work :)

7. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

I've gotten as far as Cerulean City, and just finished my battle against my rival.
    I decided to switch to the pokeball controller to get the $60 value out of it. The analog stick doubling as the A button feels unsteady at first, but after a little while I got the hang of it. It's actually pretty cool that the ball mimics the in-game visuals and soundbites.

I got my level 1 Mew from the ball, but am juggling whether or not to level it.

I've also come across a couple of bugs.
    - Before my battle against my rival on Route 22, I noticed Jessie, James and Meowth standing at the entrance way to Route 2, but facing towards the route. After I did my battle with my rival, they were gone.
    - In Cerulean City, of the 2 houses at the top left corner before Route 24, the one of the right has an Onix whose upper half body/head breaches the roof so much that you can't see its head.
    - Have had a couple of moments where the commencement of a segment of a cut scene of battle animation is delayed by a few seconds, like being hit by a lag spike. It may have just been my console though.

Also, might not be a bug per se, but one thing that's annoying me is as the Player, you feel OP, especially with the in-built EXP share. NPC trainers you encounter tend to have Pokemon at a much lower level than the wild ones in the same area. Maybe it's just to ease unfamiliar players into it and could well increase in difficulty later. It otherwise looks like a good fix that they added "Coach Trainer" NPCs along the way to be the equivalent to Gym Leaders, if not more powerful.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  8. OP
    OP
    MrBS

MrBS Member

Pokeball XP is so broken lol, nothing like coming home from work and whacking 20-30K XP on a pokemon in the evening ;)

9. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

Can get 50k xp from a single catch of Chansey later on.

10. OP
    OP
    MrBS

MrBS Member

That's impressive! I need to play the game more. I've been keeping up with my pokewalking so its nice going through the early areas with an OP term wrecking everything ;)

11. Boneman

Boneman Member

12. c0ldm3th0d

c0ldm3th0d Member

how good is this game, I never got to play any Pokemon games before alpha sapphire and seeing this from all that I have heard is so cool. Picking up the pokeball tonight. I think I want a living pokedex. With the replay of the community days for pogo I may be able to get the original starters in shinies

13. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

It's pretty good. My experience is it's like a mix of the content of Gen 1 (mostly), movement flexibility of X and Y, and battle animations of Stadium.

Despite they changed random encounters to being able to run into wild Pokemon to initiate "battle"/catch opportunity, it's easy to still manage to randomly run into one in similar to a random encounter.

14. azzachaz

azzachaz Member

Getting along. Collected the 8 gym badges and have had a go against the Elite 4 a couple of times (unsuccessful).
    Finally got Charizard to lvl 60 so I could feed it a heap of lvl 60 candy I had accumulated.

I'll try the Elite 4 again tonight. Actually going to pay proper attention to strengths/weeknesses rather than relying on OP Eevee to save the day for me :)

15. asho444

asho444 Member

decided to head back to EB after the wife convinced me to keep it for the 5 year olds Xmas Present and got the pokeball edition for an extra $40 so it would be even more exciting! very happy for $99! plus i get a poke walker :D

Love the ability for accounts have different save files!

16. azzachaz

azzachaz Member

Finished the main story last night. What a great game, really enjoyed it.
    Still seems to be heaps of side quests to continue with, and there's always the Pokedex to complete.

17. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I've beaten Brock and that's as much as i've had a chance to play, but am i correct in saying there are 0 random battles? Only catch opportunities? So far it's the one thing that's actually annoyed me about the game :(

18. OP
    OP
    MrBS

MrBS Member

Plenty of battles with all the trainers around, shame they give trash XP compared to just catching mon, I still do all of them for completions sake. I've only been booting it up in the evening lately to put my XP back into the game from the pokeball and trade some mon. I'll go back to it proper once I'm done unlocking characters in Smash ;)

19. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

20. OP
    OP
    MrBS

MrBS Member

I finished this a while back with a complete pokedex and all the optional battles done. I had my fun with it ;)