Pokemon X & Y - Generation 6

Discussion in 'Nintendo Consoles' started by CAPT-Irrelevant, Jan 8, 2013.

1. FRaNTiC

FRaNTiC Member

Just got Pokemon Y and playing the 3DS XL for the first time.

Barely started but I was wondering everything like WonderTrade comes in? I'll also jump on the Friend code thing as soon as I can figure it out!

2. Elfanger

Elfanger (Banned or Deleted)

You can start wonder trading as soon as you get your first pokemon.

3. koolkidd

koolkidd Member

currently have 170 pokemon (no doubles). If you want something bred let me know. Also will start trading the pokerus tonight (from about 8:30 till midnight)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  4. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

Nope, I'm trying to make it as organic an experience as possible. I still haven't looked at a complete pokédex, yet.

All Lv35-40
    Greninja
    Venusaur
    Pyroar
    Tyrunt (Evolves in 1-2 Lvs)
    Lucario

I have a serious Fighting Weakness. Thinking of adding a Fairy, but not sure what...

5. Lep

Lep Member

Eevee fairy evolution.

6. Asako

Asako Member

My Sylveon is by far my strongest at the moment. And also the cutest by a fair margin, too. I'm looking in to other Eevee evolutions to fill my deck with them all.

7. Veefy

Veefy Member

TEAM ROCKET 4 LYFE! :weirdo:

8. Critical_Impact

Critical_Impact Member

I managed to finish the elite four with a team of Flareon, Leafeon, Volteon, Slyveon, Glaceon and Vaporeon. I had the other evolutions as well, I think i'd swap out glaceon or vaporeon for one of the other remaining evolutions if I did it again.
    They're not bad though I find all of them to be lacking on the HP side of things, maybe I should have done some super training on them :/ .

9. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Vaporeon at least has a massive HP stat, it's almost always used as a tank.

10. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

Umbreon's built like a truck, too. Didn't have the typing and ability that kept Vappy , though.

I have no intention of getting back into it, but I was pretty into the competitive scene up until early last gen. Got so caught up with stats and min/maxing that I lost all enjoyment. That's why I'm taking a different approach this time around. I'll catch 2-3 of each pokemon if I'm not happy with the first one I get for better natures and whatnot, but that's the extent of it :p

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  11. Elfanger

I have some monster Tyranitar babies available for trade: 4 and 3 maxed IVs with outstanding rating from the IV rater. Let me know if anyone else breeding for IVs is interested and we can do a good trade!

I will provide an update on specific IVs when I am home. Nature is Jolly for all of them.

12. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Anyone got any pokemon with pokerus? horde battles + relevant item seems to be a much more efficient way of ev training.

13. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

So I've been using Venusaur as my secondary starter, and I'm not sure if it's just because his Mega evolution is such a let down, or if I find the whole mechanic of Mega evolutions wasteful and pointless.

I would have much preferred more effort go into designing new pokemon than adding temporary evolutions to old ones.

14. koolkidd

koolkidd Member

I have it, willing to trade an infected poke to whoever wants one.

Apparently with a power item and the pokerus your looking at 50-60 EV points per horde battle

15. Reactor

Reactor Member

it's like you put to words exactly what I was thinking haha

pretty disappointed in Mega Evolutions, don't really see any benefit to them

16. Elfanger

If they didn't require the hold item they would be good :p

17. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

I'd even be happier if the animation was quicker and the mega evolution was default in battle.

To be honest, you don't even know what benefit a mega evolution has in game...

18. Elfanger

Yeah, animation wastes so much time. Even with animations disabled, it still does the whole thing.

19. iinsom

iinsom Member

Cant you check the stats of the pokemon mid fight? (Doesnt mega evolution raise the ev stats?)

20. Lep

Lep Member

I believe mega evolution improves base stats for that pokemon during that battle.

Currently im working on completing the Central Pokedex. Im pretty close about 130 however many stone evolution elude me. Ive gotten some stone pokemon off the gts however many seek trades are too expensive.

When im happy with the state of my pokedex im going to start breeding competitive pokemon.